Eastern Florida State College Reviews

1,300 reviews
The classes are small so it is easy to get help from professors, and to develop relationships with other students. It is an easy to navigate campus with a friendly and welcoming staff. The learning lab is frequently open for free tutoring, proctored exams, or peer reviews on papers. The in-state tuition is relatively inexpensive, and they offer a variety of different classes for different degrees. I have enjoyed my time there throughout my career as a student for my associate in arts degree. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a small and efficient college in Brevard County.
Classes were flexible, and many were offered online. The instructors were all very well-read in their respective fields, and always willing to help after hours.
The environment of the school is great. The student government are extremely involved with the community and the teachers are all great. Everyone is willing to help at all cost. Where titian's rise!
Start Your Review of Eastern Florida State College
During the three semesters that I spent at Eastern Florida State College Cocoa campus, I had a pretty good experiences and created many new fun memories. The classes that I took were all taught by professors who knew the subject that they were teaching and were very helpful. All the professors made it easy to get in touch with them if you need extra help, had a question, or needed to make up a test. The other students that attended EFSC were people that you probably already knew from the local high schools or just being part of the community. The college offers many resources to help you succeed in the classes that you are taking. There is not much of a campus life at Eastern Florida since it is a community college, but the school does put on events for the students before classes or in between classes. One thing that could change at Eastern Florida that I would like to see is the school bringing a little more attention to the sports teams.
When I attended Eastern Florida State College (Melbourne Campus) I started there when it was a community college. At the time, the cost to attend classes there were at a decent price for the education I was given. Most of the professors I got were either really great or just there for a pay check. I would suggest using Rate My Professor to find an instructor that fits your education needs because otherwise no one is going to give you guidance on which professor will give you the best experience. Once I started choosing better professors, I started to enjoy my experience and my education much more. I would say over all this college is a good college and a good experience is possible, but you'll have to work for it to find it.
I take my courses online due to helping my grandparents across the state but for the most part, the teachers have been fantastic and very helpful with me. I've had one or two "bad" teachers, one of which I'm only saying that because of a lack of communication and confusion but the staff really will go above and beyond when you ask for help. I'd highly recommend this school if you're busy in your life but want to go through school or if you are new/need a refresh to the education scene as a whole.
Great professors. Wide array of classes. Nice faculty and staff. Website is up to date.
Some of the buildings are old and could use some repairs. Could use more food options.
All in all, a good 4 year college
The professors are a hit or miss, so using ratemyprofessor.com is crucial for success. The campuses are nice and the students and faculty are kind for the most part The security is good and responses to threats are often fast. Update texts are timely and helpful, with specifications to location and date. Canvas, the website used to post grades and such, is not the best but is not as bad as it could be.
EFSC is a really great college. The staff, teachers, and security are all very helpful and welcoming. They understand and are able to accommodate your needs. I always feel safe on campus and personally, the Cafe has really good food. There are learning labs open at all times, and tutors who are very helpful and supportive. Overall, a very safe and positive environment.
My experience with this college was life changing and eye opening to what my future has in store for me. I really enjoyed the small classes and how the classmates treated each other fairly. Every day was a new adventure and new view on how things can be taught.
The teachers and academics are great. Most teachers are involved and will help you achieve the best grade possible. Campus is easy to figure out, and locate class rooms. Only downside is administration, hard to get in with a counselor even with an appointment.
This is a fairly new four year university. Although, the teachers are great! The classes are smaller, but the learning environment is excellent.
Professors are great! All of my courses taken so far were taught with very understanding professors who cared about your education. Class sizes are not large whatsoever, probably seating 30 students max. All campuses are great but I prefer the Cocoa campus. Highly recommend attending Eastern Florida State College for your first 2 years of education. Classes range from 16 weeks to 8 weeks, which is convenient. It's cheaper than going to a University, and you also have more time to decide on a major. Go to EFSC!
EFSC has offered me an inexpensive, but quality education. I would like to see more support from the Arts and Humanities professor on staff.
This is a college who just received their credentials to become a four year college. With that being said, they are still trying to get their things in order. I have had positive experiences with most of my teachers and my guidance counselors, but here have been two instances where I feel that my education was being cut short of what I was paying for. All in all, Eastern Florida State College is a decent school for those seeking an education beyond high school.
My guidance counselor at EFSC has helped me immensely to point me in the right direction regarding classes to take and my future. He was there from the start of my days during dual enrollment up until my graduation for my Associates Degree. The teachers I've had were kind and determined to help us no matter what. For example; my college algebra teacher allowed us to take pictures of our notes, retake low test scores and stay after class if we had any questions. He even let us use our notes on our test for assistance. My career wheel teacher made us feel comfortable with others in class by encouraging group project participation. I always felt very safe there especially with campus security cruising around the campus watching traffic. Everyone is willing to assist kindly and professionally.
I think this college is amazing for where it stands right now. I believe this school has room to grow in the way of transferring from a community college to a university as of recent.
Start Your Review of Eastern Florida State College
Eastern Florida is more of a commuter school so students are not as involved, but there are plenty of clubs students can become involved in. Also, it’s a stepping stone for many students to transfer into a 4 year institution giving students the ability to gage how college classes are on a smaller scale.
Great scheduling for working students, staff is very friendly and helps tailor your schooling to other activities in your life.
It's a good transition college! They have a few programs here as well that makes it a four-year university and those options are amazing due to the price and the more one-on-one relationship between the student and the professor. One thing that I can say is that (at least my campus) mainly treats you like you're still in high school; that becomes frustrating when you're an adult with a job and you skipped one too many classes because your kid was sick and even though you're keeping up with the coursework you still get booted from the class. I understand that they have the policies they have in place due to the large concentration of dual-enrolled high school students but it would be better if the full-blown college students who are actually paying and the high school sophomore were treated a little differently. Otherwise, it's a great school and worth looking into as a stopping place when you're looking to get yourself all figured out.