Eastern Florida State College Reviews

1,309 reviews
I enjoy Eastern Florida Sate College for a number of reasons. That campus has small class numbers so I can better talk with my Professors and understand the material further. There are also a wide variety of courses available for all sorts of interests and fields of studies. The professors are also very good and easy to work with. Very good college.
It is a very good school where the teachers actually care about you and make sure you are learning. Unlike other school the teachers don't stroke their ego and actually try to teach you properly.
It is so big that I don't get a personal feel. As of yet I've had limited help finding a major that works for me. I need to do more research but I need more help from their end too.
Start Your Review of Eastern Florida State College
If I have questions or a problem, the staff was always eager to help and they did the best they possibly could to prepare me. Overall a very nice college experience so far.
Good deal $. Beware of academic advisors who may have scant knowledge of your degree and of financial aid rules. Verify their advice with financial aid. Pick your professors carefully. Some are great like Mr. Piva. Some are really bad. Some professors don't keep up with technology, barely understand their subject matter themselves, and aren't prepared for class. Many classes you actually go to use online teaching platforms anyway- which means you teach yourself. The professors in these classes may add little to your learning. You can get all the help you need in math, English, and writing courses using private and free tutoring sessions in the library. Don't delay getting your parking sticker, and don't park where you aren't supposed to; you will get ticketed. The Cocoa campus is in a slum. The Melbourne campus is in a nice area with decent stores and not far from the beach. Traffic can be awful getting to the ok Palm Bay campus, which is quite far from the beach.
It was here at this college that I discovered my passion for acting, and acquired a lot of experience. If it wasn't for this school, I would not be the actor that I am today. It was affordable, and opened a lot of doors. Because it's local, made a lot of new friends, and was able to received my Associate's degree, which has really helped me when applying to universities.
A quality college that offers a great foundation for students entering college and for those looking to complete specialized degrees or certifications in law enforcement or EMT training.
Good local school for students who can't relocate, faculty cares about the students. This school has multiple campuses located throughout Brevard county, Fl.
Decent college. Academics aren't stellar, but they get the job done for gen ed requirements for other colleges.
The classes are small so it is easy to get help from professors, and to develop relationships with other students. It is an easy to navigate campus with a friendly and welcoming staff. The learning lab is frequently open for free tutoring, proctored exams, or peer reviews on papers. The in-state tuition is relatively inexpensive, and they offer a variety of different classes for different degrees. I have enjoyed my time there throughout my career as a student for my associate in arts degree. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a small and efficient college in Brevard County.
Classes were flexible, and many were offered online. The instructors were all very well-read in their respective fields, and always willing to help after hours.
The environment of the school is great. The student government are extremely involved with the community and the teachers are all great. Everyone is willing to help at all cost. Where titian's rise!
During the three semesters that I spent at Eastern Florida State College Cocoa campus, I had a pretty good experiences and created many new fun memories. The classes that I took were all taught by professors who knew the subject that they were teaching and were very helpful. All the professors made it easy to get in touch with them if you need extra help, had a question, or needed to make up a test. The other students that attended EFSC were people that you probably already knew from the local high schools or just being part of the community. The college offers many resources to help you succeed in the classes that you are taking. There is not much of a campus life at Eastern Florida since it is a community college, but the school does put on events for the students before classes or in between classes. One thing that could change at Eastern Florida that I would like to see is the school bringing a little more attention to the sports teams.
When I attended Eastern Florida State College (Melbourne Campus) I started there when it was a community college. At the time, the cost to attend classes there were at a decent price for the education I was given. Most of the professors I got were either really great or just there for a pay check. I would suggest using Rate My Professor to find an instructor that fits your education needs because otherwise no one is going to give you guidance on which professor will give you the best experience. Once I started choosing better professors, I started to enjoy my experience and my education much more. I would say over all this college is a good college and a good experience is possible, but you'll have to work for it to find it.
I take my courses online due to helping my grandparents across the state but for the most part, the teachers have been fantastic and very helpful with me. I've had one or two "bad" teachers, one of which I'm only saying that because of a lack of communication and confusion but the staff really will go above and beyond when you ask for help. I'd highly recommend this school if you're busy in your life but want to go through school or if you are new/need a refresh to the education scene as a whole.
Great professors. Wide array of classes. Nice faculty and staff. Website is up to date.
Some of the buildings are old and could use some repairs. Could use more food options.
All in all, a good 4 year college
The professors are a hit or miss, so using ratemyprofessor.com is crucial for success. The campuses are nice and the students and faculty are kind for the most part The security is good and responses to threats are often fast. Update texts are timely and helpful, with specifications to location and date. Canvas, the website used to post grades and such, is not the best but is not as bad as it could be.
Start Your Review of Eastern Florida State College
EFSC is a really great college. The staff, teachers, and security are all very helpful and welcoming. They understand and are able to accommodate your needs. I always feel safe on campus and personally, the Cafe has really good food. There are learning labs open at all times, and tutors who are very helpful and supportive. Overall, a very safe and positive environment.
My experience with this college was life changing and eye opening to what my future has in store for me. I really enjoyed the small classes and how the classmates treated each other fairly. Every day was a new adventure and new view on how things can be taught.
The teachers and academics are great. Most teachers are involved and will help you achieve the best grade possible. Campus is easy to figure out, and locate class rooms. Only downside is administration, hard to get in with a counselor even with an appointment.