East Texas Baptist University Reviews

I love ETBU because of the christian focus at this school. All teachers and staff members are focused on the Lord and what he has in store. They never fail or hesitate to speak about the Lord and what he has put on their heart. I truly this school has changed my life and is one of the best universities in Texas and really strives to give the best education to students while encouraging their spiritual life.
As an incoming Junior, I have spent a fair share of time at East Texas Baptist and in my truthful opinion this is a great school depending on your purpose. If you want a school with some of the top education systems in the state, and a school that is going to care for you and not just deem you a number. A school that will push you to stay in line and focused on education without the distractions, then East Texas Baptist is a great school. Their is not a lot of opportunities to go and party and get into a lot of things at East Texas, but their is enough to still have a fun college experience. East Texas is a school that is focused on their education and giving you the opportunity to gain a relationship, if not a better relationship with God. This school is the great opportunity to become spiritually successful in life.
It's average. Sometimes feel treated as kids and not able to fund your own path. Visitation rules not like other colleges where as u can go and talk with friends doing the day. Instead only 6-10. And have to have the door open and get checked up on every 30 mins. No campus life. People leave just about every weekend, because no tailgating for games or hanging out like other colleges to have fun. The teachers are great. Don't care much about some teams. Pretty costly
Start Your Review of East Texas Baptist University
ETBU is a small private university with many opportunities to succeed. They have a great education program and are doing an exceptional job of ensuring students are graduating with a degree.
I feel very safe living on East Texas Baptist University's campus! It has a very kind and encouraging atmosphere! The professors help in all ways that they possibly can to prepare you for your career and in class. It is a beautiful campus with wonderful opportunities! I earned prize money for entering a creative writing contest! The friends I've made are for life. Several professors have their doctoral degrees! I could say several more things about this University.
I was a transfer student. It was difficult to get plugged into student life activities because I was not involved with the type of church at the time. There were some extremely talented professors. Some of the better instructors have left and and only a few remain.
East Texas Baptist University provides a fantastic education along with a set of dedicated staff that desire to see you do your best. The campus life is extremely supportive and feels like family. There was never a time where I felt like I was drowning in studies or loneliness because there were always encouragers, whether it be professor or fellow students.
I loved my time at ETBU. Hands down the best part of this university is how much the Professors care about their students. Being a student with dyslexia school was hard for me but I graduated with the help of my amazing professors.
I enjoyed my time at ETBU. I was able to achieve a degree in a timely manor and was completely prepared for the work force after graduation. Athletics is a huge part of the student life at ETBU (was an athlete) and there is always an event to attend on the weekends. If its a hockey game, baseball, concert, or CONEXUS there is always something to do! ETBU is a family and those connections can be found even after graduation. I had a great experience as a student and love how much the campus has continued to grow! They even have full size beds in the dorms! Crazy!
I like the professors willingness to help, and interest in seeing each student succeed. The professors at this university have helped not only myself, but many of my friends and classmates with class related problems. I feel that by the professors doing this, it makes for a more positive learning and studying environment.
The atmosphere at ETBU is like home. The people are very friendly, and the education is excellent. Professors are very helpful and want you to succeed.
ETBU its great it has grew me into a better person but as well in my faith with God. I have met people I never thought i would meet. ETBU might not been my dream school at first but it definitely is now.
I love ETBU. I knew on my first visit that this was where I wanted to go. The campus is beautiful. The people are great. It is a little expensive but I know it will all be worth it.
Great campus and great school. Very caring professors and workers. Many opportunities for student to get involved. Not a large campus but growing in size. New buildings added in the last several years and added football back to the school several years ago. Academics are high standard. Many classes require a research paper, even physical education classes. The campus is small enough to enjoy the walks to and from class. The quad in the middle is a gathering place for some activities. The Alumni association is very active. The students can enjoy sports as there are many on campus teams that are not associated with athletics. The dorms are nice and safe. You make friends for life here.
I would like to see change in the staff department's conduct. For an entire week, I had a fiasco with receiving my financial aid award and for the entire week, the financial aid department was not on one accord with my file. Therefore, I jumped through several hoops and went in several circles when the solution was simple from the get go. Then, today, I called the student affairs department to adjust my tuition plan, and the woman hung up in my face while I was in the middle of asking a question. I have not attended the university yet, but so far my experience has not been to pleasant.
Everyone has been very friendly and helpful, so far. Located in Marshall, Texas, it is a beautiful campus.
I like that East Texas baptist University is a small school because I did not want to go to a school where there are 300 students in a class. I love the atmosphere and all the students and staff and professors are so welcoming and are willing to help you if you need it.
Start Your Review of East Texas Baptist University
My experience at East Texas Baptist University has been enjoyable and coming in as a transfer, they made me feel welcomed. Being in a small and a small campus everyone there is almost like one big family. The students and staff support us on athletic teams a lot and we really appreciate it. Most of all, the love of God and His presence is so abundant across campus.
East Texas Baptist University is a diverse and well rounded institution, dedicated to academics, leadership, and faith. The entire student body and professional staff share a strong spiritual connection and place a strong emphasis on faith! Everyone is family here.
ETBU helped mold me into who I am today. During my time there, I had my ups and downs with the school and town but you will have people there that truly care about you. I met my best friend for life there and we still talk every week even though we are over 6 hours away. Dr. Franklin, the head of the communication department, was the best mentor I could have asked for. He cared about my education as well as my well being and pushed me to become my absolute best. I will never take my years at ETBU for granted.