East Tennessee State University Reviews

1,182 reviews
I love the streaming classes! I would make the names of the buildings easier to read. Campus is too crowded to see a little sign on only one side of the building.
The campus is wonderful! Although it is not a small school, the classes feel very individualized. The people are very friendly, and the cafeteria is awesome. The dorms I have seen aren't the best, but not the worst either.
My experience at ETSU has been a positive one. I did two years of dual enrollment there as a high school student and I just started my second year as a college student. I attend one of there small campuses which I really enjoy. The class size tops out at 30 students, so one do not have to worry about being in an auditorium with 160 other students. This really allows one to get to know the professors and establish personal connections with them. I can definitely say that aspect has helped me do well in school because if I do not understand something I can go talk to my professor after class without embarrassment. I would recommend East Tennessee State University to anyone!
Start Your Review of East Tennessee State University
There are many activities and events that take place all over campus. The professors are often helpful and accommodating. There is also a great diversity here, unlike many other places in Tennessee. Whenever there are attacks on or near campus, emails get sent out to warn students to stay safe and there are several ways that the campus tries to cut down on any kind of attacks. The only reason that I did not give five stars is because the financial aid office is often filled with clueless staff. However, I have seen an improvement in the financial aid office since 2017.
I really like the Art Department and the instructors. They really help me to go outside the box while encouraging me.
The atmosphere at East Tennessee is very powerful. The energy is uplifting and everyone really is there to help you along your college career. When arriving for orientation they had music playing and many current students greeting all the new students. There is also many activities and chances for you to get involved in at ETSU. All the students and staff really do work together to make your experience the best. The only thing that I would like to change about ETSU is that I wish they had more informative and descriptive details about the activities and programs.
I really like ETSU. I love the location, the school is beautiful, and I love living on campus. All of my teachers are very good and dedicated.
The campus is beautiful. The environment is amazing, so inclusive and friendly. The dorms can be a little outdated, but the overall experience and quality is a ten out of ten.
ETSU has a very welcoming campus and staff. There is a lot of school pride, which I love. I can't wait to attend in the Fall.
I really enjoy going to ETSU. All my teachers are warm, caring, and helpful. I feel like they sincerely want me to succeed. The learning environment here is great.
East Tennessee State University has a beautiful campus with well kept greenery and many outdoor activities available to anyone. They also have a very nice gym, but it is not 24-hours which is something I would request to be changed. The library on the other hand is 24-hours and has many resources for every student, such as computers, printers, study tools, free tutors and many other things. I know one of my favorite things is the coffee shop in the library.
I love my school. The atmosphere is great and the campus is a good size. They always have events going on on campus. I love it here, it is close to downtown Johnson City and they also provide a shuttle service which is cool. The only problem is they have been under construction for awhile so it makes it harder to get around, and there aren't many parking spots.
East Tennessee State University is a fine academic institution with a friendly environment and inviting campus and community. The campus offers many different clubs and organizations that fit most peoples linings and if there is no club gor one's interests then a club can be made. The faculty and staff is very friendly and always happy to accommodate anyone who needs anything or is simply looking for an area on campus. The only real problems is the local life around the campus is very dull as one will quickly find that there is really nothing to do in the city of Johnson City where it is located. That can be overlooked but the major problem is that the financial aid office is very unreliable as many students turn in forms and they are somehow "misplaced" several times and make the beginning of the semesters very stressful as it is hard to purchase required materials for classes.
East Tennessee State University is a great school for those who like smaller communities. It's a beautiful campus with many different opportunities for a variety of interests. The classes and professors are challenging but interesting, and it's clear that the staff cares about your success.
ETSU is a beautiful campus nestled in the Appalachian mountains of Tennessee. Although the campus is not very large, it offers a good variety of on campus food options and clubs to participate in. ETSU is going under many renovations right now which should make the college more prospecting in the future. This college offers studies in many fields, so finding your passion should not be an option. Overall a very enjoyable and peaceful campus in a small city with plenty of activities and nature around.
I love the campus because it’s big but not too big. The staff cares. Great athletics. Being involved in cross country and track is also an amazing opportunity.
East Tennessee is a great school. Its very diverse and welcoming. The etsu staff makes you feel like you’re home, and their always there to help you with anything you need. The food is great and the campus size is perfect not to big or small.
Start Your Review of East Tennessee State University
ETSU is an exciting, diverse school where I feel free to try new things. It had allowed me to be a member in two clubs and take part in monthly activities hosted by various groups. I'm eager to learn and attend my classes, for the instructors I have had thus far have been highly motivated and influential individuals. The location of the campus is gorgeous and always well-maintained. I always feel safe and at home here.
I am a transfer student and hope to have a great college and professional experience. I am majoring in chemistry this fall of 2018 and all of the staff that I have met are friendly and have helped me along the way so far.
East Tennessee State University is an all-around excellent college. It has a large variety of majors and minors. One thing that I would personally change about this University would be the fact that there should be more resources and better help for those who struggle with paying tuition. It can sometimes come across as if the University does not particularly care whether or not you as the student needs help. However, the University is a nice college and has excellent professors. There are numerous academic organizations that students can be involved in. Plenty of parking, however, if you want a good parking spot; you need to arrive early in the mornings.