East Stroudsburg University of Pennsylvania Reviews

As I've had the opportunity as a non-traditional student to be associated with professors that takes the time the energy to teach a class to explain themselves and to be available when needed by student I've also gain more knowledge and all different way of thinking in the field of Social Work I've learned the availability of what's needed in a community, society where homelessness and hunger is at all-time high, as well as mental illness. I am given the skills to apply to those who are in need of assistance and availability of resources to them, leadership skills is a great asset in their teaching, facilitating groups as well as family sessions is a must-have for any social worker.
I love how its a small school, it makes me feel at home. I always feel welcomed wherever I go. I joined Tri Sigma and it was the best decision I've made since I started ESU
East Stroudsburg University is a very welcoming school. I enjoy it because it’s very diverse. The teachers that I have had so far have been all helpful and useful in ways I, a Early Childhood Education can learn from!
Start Your Review of East Stroudsburg University of Pennsylvania
East Stroudsburg University is just right for me. It carries what I want to major in, there are a ton of activities to attend to, and my professors were excellent. They were also a lot of help when I had trouble with my tuition; they answered any questions I had and were extremely patient.
Academics and Student Life definitely thrives here at ESU. The sizable campus is big enough that you can always meet someone new, yet small enough that you always see a familiar face walking to class. Classes and professors that I have taken/had in the past two years have been wonderful. The courses are great, and all of the professors work with their students and are very helpful. One thing I wish that would be different about campus would be food and parking. There should be better/healthier as well as a bigger variety of food choices in all of the places around campus where food in accessible. As for parking, I wish that "Resident Parking" was not so far away from everything, especially dorms. Walking home at night to your dorm you should feel safe and not worried about your 10 minute walk back to your bed.
During my visit to East Stroudsburg University, I was amazed at the variety of activities and organizations. There was a sense of community throughout the campus. The atmosphere was that of productivity and focus. Professors are very passionate about their topics of discussion. I instantly fell in love with ESU.
Very nice environment. I love how diverse it is here. Some professors care deeply about their students, while most do not. The food is ok, would not say the worst, but definitely not the best. Traditional dorms are nice for being cheap.
East Stroudsburg University is a place filled with diversity and opportunity for students. With several friendly professors willing to help you, it is very motivating and evident that you are being led down the right path to a future filled with success. There are wonderful academic programs, a helpful tutoring and mentor program, community service and volunteer opportunities, many work study positions available, and many more resources on this campus.
East Stroudsburg is a very good school for the affordable tuition costs. They have excellent professors and a great campus.
Being at ESU for coming up for two years has really shaped me. I am a Spanish major and a Chinese Culture and Langauge minor. I have had opportunities to meet like minded people wanting me to succeed and go far in life without worrying about the consequences or barriers as a minority female student.
ESU is an affordable university with decent professors. The Exercise Science program probably had the best professors in the whole college. If you are a student seeking a future in Exercise Science, Athletic Training, or Cardiac Rehab, ESU is a great school for you. If you are looking to get into a Doctorate program that is not through ESU, good luck getting the guidance you may be needing.
I really enjoy my time here at East Stroudsburg University. Everyone has really been very open with anything that I need ever. I can always find a place to do my work and there are always people that I can go to that will help me to get my work done properly. To go to this school, one needs to have an open mind and be accepting of people from all backgrounds.
The campus is very diverse and has a lot to offer to the students. I am a commuter student and I still found ways to be involved such as a joining the Stroud Courier, the student newspaper, and Public Relations Student Association. Communications professors were awesome.
East Stroudsburg Design department has improved since 2014. However, what needs to improve is the Career Development Center. It is unfortunate that I missed FYE as a freshman. I look forward to hearing about FYE improving students.
Diverse campus and community. You see the money you spend coming back to you in a multitude of different improvements on campus. TONS of clubs and organizations as well as Greek Life. Lots of housing options, and very friendly faculty and staff. Student faculty in admissions are some of the best I've experienced in my college search.
The school is diversity in culture that and the professors are easy to get hold of. The dorm room are old and in need of some major repair and update.
The academics is terrific and there are a lot of resource for help if you need it.
East Stroudsburg University of PA is one of 14 state-owned universities in PA. It is located in the Pocono region of PA and is situated in a populated area. It has a quaint college town atmosphere and very diverse campus. The teaching faculty at ESU are top-notch. ESU is known as a teaching institution, therefore instruction is of primary importance. There is a wide range of activities available for anyone to engage in. Housing in and around campus is a mixture of very old Victorian and newer styles.
Start Your Review of East Stroudsburg University of Pennsylvania
Good overall experience. Had a really good social and night life scene, and classes were easy. The biology department needs new professors, most of them do not care about students doing well.
Education/ Professors; I feel the professors at ESU have a large knowledge of the subject they teach and that they truly want the students to succeed.
Campus; The ESU campus is well maintained and has a lot of amenities for their students. However, parking could be better.
The Clubs that are available, mentors that help freshman with any questions, RA's in the halls are always welcoming and free for any questions that need to be answered