East Stroudsburg University of Pennsylvania Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
Neither required nor recommended
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- Affordable fixed or variable rates
- No application, origination or disbursement fees
- Loans from community lenders that put people before profits
- Easy, online app with ability to add a cosigner in minutes
- Simple, straightforward student loans with an easy application
- Flexible repayment options, and strong borrower protections
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.58 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.65 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.65 responses
Most Popular Majors
Business Administration and Management168 Graduates
Kinesiology and Exercise Science69 Graduates
Hospitality and Tourism Management59 Graduates
Criminal Justice and Safety Studies50 Graduates
Speech Language Pathology50 Graduates
Special Education and Teaching48 Graduates
Early Childhood Education47 Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 42 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.84 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.103 responses
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.48 responses
Colleges like East Stroudsburg University of Pennsylvania
- BBloomsburg University of Pennsylvania
- 4 Year
- Bloomsburg, PA
- 1,267 reviews
- B-Kutztown University of Pennsylvania
- 4 Year
- Kutztown, PA
- 1,430 reviews
- B-Wilson College
- 4 Year
- Chambersburg, PA
- 217 reviews
- B-Shippensburg University of Pennsylvania
- 4 Year
- Shippensburg, PA
- 931 reviews
East Stroudsburg University of Pennsylvania Reviews
East Stroudsburg University was actually on my back-up school list when I started applying to colleges. When I visited campus for the first time, I knew this was the college I was going to be deciding on. The size of campus is perfect for a student who has always been in a small high school. Campus is very much together; you could walk to all of your classes. There's a shuttle bus that runs every 15-20 minutes that will take you around campus when you're feeling lazy or the weather is bad. The faculty members I've experienced the past 3 years I've been there have been AMAZING. I've met the most knowledgeable individuals at the Psychology Department. They are my favorite and most loved department at ESU! The dorms and housing are constantly improving which makes it hard to pick a hall to live in. The only thing I would like to see improve at ESU is the food vendor.
As I've had the opportunity as a non-traditional student to be associated with professors that takes the time the energy to teach a class to explain themselves and to be available when needed by student I've also gain more knowledge and all different way of thinking in the field of Social Work I've learned the availability of what's needed in a community, society where homelessness and hunger is at all-time high, as well as mental illness. I am given the skills to apply to those who are in need of assistance and availability of resources to them, leadership skills is a great asset in their teaching, facilitating groups as well as family sessions is a must-have for any social worker.
Academics and Student Life definitely thrives here at ESU. The sizable campus is big enough that you can always meet someone new, yet small enough that you always see a familiar face walking to class. Classes and professors that I have taken/had in the past two years have been wonderful. The courses are great, and all of the professors work with their students and are very helpful. One thing I wish that would be different about campus would be food and parking. There should be better/healthier as well as a bigger variety of food choices in all of the places around campus where food in accessible. As for parking, I wish that "Resident Parking" was not so far away from everything, especially dorms. Walking home at night to your dorm you should feel safe and not worried about your 10 minute walk back to your bed.