Duquesne University Reviews

1,272 reviews
Overall, my first year at Duquesne was very good and a great start to my college years. I am satisfied with my choice of Duquesne and feel at home on the campus. All of my professors have been very helpful and have spent time providing me extra support and guidance when I needed it. Academics at Duquesne are challenging, yet are well preparing students for future careers. I would not make any changes to academics at Duquesne, for I have been very satisfied.
Duquesne is a great place for you to connect with your professors one-on-one, and the university's class size is small too!
I adore this campus. The campus is absolutely beautiful, with green grass to lay on as you overlook the city. While walking to class you have a city view everywhere in sight. This campus does everything in it's power to make you feel at home, and with the South Side right across the bridge, you will never be bored. The only reason it does not get 5 stars is the food.
Review Duquesne University
You won't have a social life unless you are in a sorority. The teachers are fairly nice but there are always that bunch that don't seem to care about you too much. The food isn't great. The walk from class to class is fairly short.
I have loved my time so far at Duquesne University. The campus is beautiful and set in the city of Pittsburgh which allows for many different off campus opportunities. The professors seem to genuinely care about your experience and the course load is challenging but manageable.
Duquesne is a beautiful university in an urban environment. The University has a great combination of social life and academic prowless and allows students to succeed and better themselves while still enjoying life.
Duquesne is a great school. The programs are amazing and really well ranked. The faculty is great. I wish that the school would put more money into academics than sports. Our school is not a huge sports school. They need to build a new library and re-do the dorms not build a new arena.
I am a commuter at Duquesne and it is hard. I haven't made as many friends as I did when I lived on campus at another college. It is hard to get involved in the community there because activities are later at night. I do however like the professors and the staff there. They are all very friendly as well as intelligent.
one of the things I enjoy about Duquesne University is the loving welcoming and strong support system.
I would get why someone would love to go to Duq. Its campus is in downtown Pitt, class sizes are small, and the professors are cool. However everything else sucks. If your not trendy or a part of greek life you may have a hard time finding your place. I have met some of the best people here but I have mainly found some of the worst. The party scene is a lot different from other colleges. You can tell the difference from the type of people that attend Duq from those who attend a school like Pitt. You will have more fun at parties in Oakland and the people are nicer. Good luck finding a move if you or your friends don't know people. The guest policies are out of date and irritating. When theres campus events no one knows about them or no one cares. If you are looking for a college big on sports DONT come here. If this school wasn't in the middle of downtown, I would have left awhile ago. It's not worth the cost. I could go to a better college for half the price and better social scene.
Duquesne is a great school
if you are white, straight and Catholic. The student body is mostly middle class- not wealthy. Wealthy students attend Old prestigious universities, not Duquesne. "Other" students can fit in if they're willing to laugh at offensive jokes, be stereotyped by professors and peers and don't mind being the token friend. Greek life is present but most sororities are back biting, two-faced organizations. The food is awful and the sports teams are losers. Run away fast, it's not worth the money.
Duquesne University is one of the greatest schools in America. Its Liberal Arts program is outstanding. Duquesne is located in the heart of downtown Pittsburgh. The students get along well with one another, and the professors are always available to help students achieve. Recently, our family had a difficulty situation involving our ability to attend. The staff and leadership of the school took extra steps to help us in our attendance. As a result, we are still attending school. We intend to graduate from Duquesne.
Duquesne University has a fantastic campus, comfortable dorms, and easy access to the local destinations. The faculty is helpful and easily accessible.
Duquesne creates the perfect atmosphere to further my education, because of the strong sense of community and support from staff.
Duquesne is a city school with a suburb feel to it. It is mostly known for its sciences, law and business schools. Although it seems that the business school mainly focuses on finance and accounting. All of the other majors are a little outdated and need revamped. All of the teachers and staff are more than willing to work with their students to make sure they succeed. Duquesne really makes sure that their students get internships and are prepared for interviews. The school has a wide range of diverse students who have many options when it comes to extracurricular activities. Duquesne is a stones throw away from the South Side, which has a great night life and many restaurants. Duquesne is an all around top notch school.
For me this is really the right fit. It's big a enough that it doesn't feel like an ultra private boarding school, but it is also small enough that professors know you, and who you are. If you interested in forensics like me they're one of the few accredited schools with a program. Also the sciencescort in general are big on undergraduate research which I love. You could be a freshman, and be doing research in a lab. Overall it's a pretty great school honestly.
Overall, Duquesne is a great school. The dorms and some of the buildings may be a bit gross and outdated, but the amazing academics, professors, and students make up for it.
Review Duquesne University
It was a great place to study! It was not too big of a student population that I felt like a number, however, it was large enough to not be known by every staff member on campus.
Awesome school! I love the city where everything is accessible. The professors care about you. Even though the campus is located directly in the city, there are many police on campus looking out for us. My advisors in my program also care a lot about my well being and my progress. The price is a little steep.
Duquesne University is a great school. The average class size is 25-35 students so you really get an individualized approach. The campus is small but that makes it easier to get from class to class in the harsh winter weather. I think that they could improve Duquesne by allowing guests of the opposite sex to stay overnight.