Duquesne University Reviews

1,333 reviews
One change that I would like to see on campus is the school push for an acceptance of non-religious students. The school promotes its association with the Spiritan faith almost more than some of the academic programs, and someone like me who isn't religious feels out of place sometimes. So if the school can focus on more inclusion, than it would improve drastically.
Duquesne is an extremely close knit community. You see the same faces every day which can lead to great relationships. Class size allow you to become friends with your professors and they really want you to succeed. The south side is the place to go. Nothing but love for my school.
I have enjoyed my experience at Duquesne University very much, the teachers are good and the housing is very nice. Even though I attend a Catholic campus i feel like some of the rules are too harsh, such as not being able to sign people in later than midnight. The food is good, but it is difficult to get to the dining hall to when you have later classes, one closes at 7 and the other closes at 6. There is only one dining hall you can go to till 9pm, but there is a downside it only uses flex which is very expensive compared to using meal swipes.
Start Your Review of Duquesne University
I am a transfer student at Duquesne University from Penn State Greater Allegheny. I have recently taken a 3 week summer course in order to catch up on my classes. In my time in the 3 week summer course, I have made new friends, learned my ethical framework for teaching, and had an amazing relationship with my caring professors. I hope to one day be like my professors when I go into the teaching career. In my short start to my academic career at Duquesne University, I enjoyed every moment and I am very excited for my next 3 years at Duquesne University.
Duquesne University has a warm campus where everyone can feel included. The staff and fellow students help you to feel welcome and the professors are always willing to help you with understanding the information. They want to help you succeed through your studies.
Very fun and inclusive and safe campus most teachers are very willing to help and flexible. as long as you take initiative you will have a great experience.
The atmosphere of Duquesne is inspiring and it feels so homey since everyone is accepting of everyone.
It's a fairly good University, it fit what I went to school for as a graduate student. I was really looking for a place where I could focus on practicing as I aspire to be a performing musician, without too much course work that would get in the way.
There are readily available tutors which is nice, academically there are high expectations but teachers are always willing to help. Aside from academics I have made many friends and living in a city is very enjoyable.
Duquesne has a great SLP program and allows me the opportunity to achieve my educational and career goals. I have made great friends and have had opportunities to grow in many aspects of my life.
The online courses and instructors are excellent. I learned a lot and I'm grateful for the opportunity to continue my education.
this place is disgusting and so are all the weird freaks at it dont come here if you want your sanity
I feel as though the education I am receiving currently at Duquesne University is of great quality. The class sizes allow me to get to know most of my professors and feel comfortable asking for help when I need it. Duquesne's campus is the perfect size for me and I feel comfortable and safe here. Overall, my experience at Duquesne has been great so far.
What I liked most about Duquesne is the city and its people. Pittsburgh is the most livable city in the United States, it has many activities every single day. The people at Duquesne are very personable, especially professors.
I love how Duquesne University is in the heart of the city of downtown Pittsburgh. There is always something to do whether it be a sporting event or going out to eat. You can reach other parts of the city such as South Side or Mt Washington in minutes. The campus is safe with police at all times. Even though the campus is in the heart of the city, it is closed off on its own, which gives it a private school charm.
I love Duquesne, excellent and friendly professors who actually care about your learning. Campus is beautiful all four seasons long. And love the fact that it is in the heart off the city, which is easy to go any part of the Pittsburgh. Local area is safe and excellent.
Duquesne is a decent school, with a well known reputation. My biggest complaint would be that for the high price we pay towards on campus housing, there should be nicer dorms and more options for suite style living. It would be nice if the current food locations on campus were larger because the liens can get so long that you are left with only five minutes to scarf down your food before your next class.
Start Your Review of Duquesne University
I like the overall atmosphere of the university along with its sport teams and reputation for going/graduating from there.
This was my safe school, but I ended up coming here due to the substantial financial aid that was offered and its proximity to home. This school isn't horrible, but if you are truly not in love with it in the first place, you never will be. In classes you will feel like you aren't progressing to the level you should be, like you're still in high school. If you're looking to be entertained during the week or the weekend do not bother to come here! This place turns into a ghost town since most students are from Pittsburgh they go home on weekends so they don't have to sit around in their dorms. No parties happen unless you're involved in Greek Life and occasionally go to mixers, but Greek Life here isn't the way it is at bigger schools. Also there is absolutely NO school pride. Overall Duquesne is the school you choose if you're not ready to leave home yet or have real life experiences.
I have loved attending Duquesne. However, I feel that sophomore and junior years are the only times your social life is real. Freshmen year it is hard to find your friends since it is such a small school and you associate with everyone. By the time senior year comes, you are tired of seeing all the same people.