Duke University Reviews

1,024 reviews
As an international student, I had a big cultural shock and housing issues when I arrived. However, the staff really helped me out and is easy to contact.

Also, Duke has wonderful facilities and is well maintained.

The courses and professors are excellent, I am very satisfied.
I love it here! It's a very welcoming environment and an extraordinary experience. I go here many times a year and there's always new things to experience.
I like the atmosphere at Duke, especially the professors. Even though Duke is a very tough academic school, the professors work with you. However not all professors are understanding and try to help out especially in harder classes when you need the support the most but most are.
Start Your Review of Duke University
Duke definitely has many positive attributes, especially the academics, athletics, and connections fostered there. My only real complaint is that the social environment can be pretty toxic, with students tending to judge based on status and wealth, and a fragmented housing system. But in terms of classes and opportunities, it's absolutely incredible. Definitely worth the investment.
The school is an amazing but challenging experience. Kids are great, education is amazing, professors are amazing, the sports are so fun to watch, the food is good, the dorms are not bad. My very good friend goes there and loves it
Duke has an excellent core of teachers, a beautiful campus, and the gardens are one of my favorite places on the planet. There were definitely great people in the student body as well, but overall people there are very self-interested and juvenile. As long as you can navigate that, going to Duke will be a very enjoyable experience.
Duke has great academics but I wish they would stop overcharging their students fro everything. The facilities are great but parking is expensive and not worth the price.
I love Duke. It has been a great place for me to both learn about myself and the world around me. The campus is beautiful and the student body is very focused on growing and learning!
Duke University is one of the prestigious University. My experience at the University was awesome right from the professors to the staff and the students too.
I absolutely love my school! I have more school pride than I would have ever anticipated and I highly recommend this university. It is only my first year an I could not be happier here.
Duke offers me so much more than what I expected, with various classes offered, flexibility to collaborate and dive into interdisciplinary projects, various certificates and programs to choose from, to friendly and accomodating stuffs in academic, administration, and even nutritionists and mental help. The campus is breathtaking with amazing library and high quality of food provided.
Choosing Duke is definitely one of the best decisions I have made.
In my first semester, I appreciated the experience at Duke University. The Academic Rigor and the power of the school allow many doors to open when you attend this prestigious institution. I know personally that people find jobs swiftly.
Concerning Diversity, the school representation is similar to the demographic makeup of the U.S. (Except that there is a higher percentage of Asians). With that in mind, many minorities complain but do not realize that this representation is a reality, this is how the rest of the U.S. is regarding variety. It is very diverse in comparison to so many other colleges around the United States. Furthermore, Duke has a plethora of international students ranging from countries like Zambia to Venezuela.
The West campus is gorgeous and East Campus is inviting, but Central Campus is extremely ugly. There is so much to do on campus: parties, food, clubs, and more. Inside of Campus is also very safe.
Honestly the best choice I’ve ever made. Everyone’s intelligence is beyond words and there’s a good range of socioeconomic background people come from. Everyone’s very respectul to each other and to themselves, and the consensus is to work amazingly, amazingly hard. Boundless opportunities are constantly fed to us by the university; everyone here gets summer internships/super high-end jobs with the minimum effort of looking around.
I loved Duke, pretty much everything about it. I made amazing friendships and had an excellent time. I made strong relationships with my professors, which was key for preparing me for graduate school. Only complaint is that if you are not associated with a frat, there is not much of a party scene. But then again I would be embarrassed to be associated with a frat.
Duke is incredible. It is a highly rigorous academic institution, but it also provides plenty of opportunities for growth socially, professionally, and even spiritually should people be seeking that. I could not be more thankful to be a student here!
I fell in love with this school when I visited. It not only has great programs; it's faculty is one of the best in America. The people here are super nice.
This is one of the most prettiest schools in the nation. The school is amazing. They will help you with whatever you need and the basketball games are the best.
Start Your Review of Duke University
Duke offers a rich and diverse student body, with various opportunities at the students' fingertips. Whether it be socially, academically, and spiritually, Duke prioritizes the student first (past, present, or future).
Duke University is one, if not the best, schools out there> they have great programs like FLUNCH where you take your professors out to eat with you, and DukeEngage, where students work in other places funded through the summer. They have some of the best foods in America, and although their basketball team is not the best, they do have a good one. I love the fact that they take new ideas and "make it happen".
I love this school. The food, the academics, the atmosphere, the campus, the athletics, etc. Everything about Duke is great.