Duke University is ...
NCAA Division I-FBS
Atlantic Coast Conference
Duke University Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- Affordable fixed or variable rates
- No application, origination or disbursement fees
- Loans from community lenders that put people before profits
- Easy, online app with ability to add a cosigner in minutes
- Simple, straightforward student loans with an easy application
- Flexible repayment options, and strong borrower protections
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.65 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.73 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.75 responses
Most Popular Majors
Computer Science175 Graduates
Public Policy Analysis173 Graduates
Bioengineering and Biomedical Engineering103 Graduates
Mathematics & Statistics91 Graduates
Electrical and Electronics Engineering89 Graduates
Neuroscience and Neurobiology88 Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 46 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is pretty big.76 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.91 responses
What one word or phrase best describes your school?
Based on 47 responsesReport
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.42 responses
Duke University Reviews
Choosing to go to Duke has been one of the best decisions I've ever made. Its campus is BEAUTIFUL; we have lush gardens and there are so many birds here, from towhees to even the occasional hawk. The opportunities here to get involved are almost overwhelming. We have this program called DukeEngage where students go to all parts of the world to work with communities through research and volunteer work. I will actually be going to Costa Rica this summer to help in rainforest restoratuon and conservation through this program!But what I truly love most about this school is its students. The atmosphere here is not competitive but collaborative. I came to Duke feeling insecure about my qualifications compared to those of the other incoming freshman. But never once did I feel belittled or patronized. Students here want each other to succeed, we want to see each other grow and challenge ourselves to improve. Here at Duke, 'Southern Hospitality' is the real deal!
I’m an freshman this year (2018-2019) and I can honestly say going to Duke was the best decision I’ve ever made. Although I haven’t been to campus yet, the online friendships I’ve already made with classmates have been extremely exciting! Duke ensures that each incoming class is extremely diverse and that’s part of the reason I elected to enroll. I can’t wait to start my Duke career this fall!
If you aren't entirely decided on what you want to study, or want to combine two fields that don't seem to fit, Duke is the best school available to you. The flexible pathway through Duke is one of its best features, and it guarantees there's something academic for nearly everyone here. Not to mention everything that goes on outside of academics. Whether you're a performance artist, coder, engineer, service-learner, researcher, intense athlete, or a just for fun one, there's a place for you here. If you're anything at all, and looking to challenge yourself, then come to Duke!