Drew University Reviews

Drew is an excellent college. I enjoyed spending four years at Drew. I can't speak for anyone else, but my experience there was memorable, challenging and life enhancing. I recommend Drew for studious applicants who are looking for a small intimate setting to spend four years.
Drew is a beautiful campus. However the surrounding town is quite small and not much to do there. Not your typical college town. New York is only about 45 min by train. So far I've been very happy with my classes and teachers and like the small class sizes. It is very expensive to go here though and they don't seem that generous with financial aid. So I hope it will all pay off in the end.
Drew University is what you make of it. There are plenty of academic and professional opportunities here but you need to take advantage of them as soon as you get on campus and not wait until later. Drew has great professors and the academics are good. The campus is beautiful and it's very serene. It's often quiet on the weekends but with a great group of friends then you should be fine.
Start Your Review of Drew University
Drew is a great university with a lot of opportunities for graduate school and jobs, however, you need to take advantage of them early on and not wait until last minute. Drew is quiet and serene, which is good but at times it can be too quiet. It can be very fun with a great group of friends at your side. Drew University is what you make of it, if you want it to be a great experience, get involved and simple take advantage of all academic and professional opportunities early on.
If the academics (especially the Theater Department) were not as amazing as they are, i would have transferred. The food is slop, the dorms are terrible, the parties are lame, the clubs do nothing, and public safety is a joke. Not a fun safe place to spend your 4 years.
Girls, be aware that this college does not take rape or sexual assault seriously. They have let multiple people who have several charges against them for rape and sexual assault slide by with little to no repercussions. They are more concerned with stopping a party with music that is too loud than sending rapists to jail.
This school couldnt care less about the well being of the student body.
If you plan to go to Drew, be a commuter and save yourself the over priced room+board and food plan money and your sanity.
10/10 would not recommend.
The coursework isn't as crazy as people said it would be, but it does keep me busy, focused, and working hard. Really, the only issue is that when I don't have work, I have nothing to do.
An exceptional university on the rise, with dedicated professors, a progressive, intelligent and effective administration and top notch facilities.
Most of the Biology and Chemistry departments as well as majors make you feel as if you are not welcome. They are arrogant. There is rarely anything to do. On the slim chance there is, about 5 people show up...? This school is money hungry they will start out with giving you financial aid but slowly take it away each semester you stay........... This school has an extremely small population. Food isn't good. I'm transferring. I'm telling you this so you don't make the same mistake. Run.
Words cannot describe what this school has done for me. I have read many reviews that seem to give it a bad rap simply because of it's size. YES it is quiet on the quad sometimes, as only about 1,500 undergrads attend the school. YES it would be lovely to pass a new stranger every few steps on a beautiful, sunny day while walking down the path. However, when it's rainy and life isn't easy and every single fellow Drew student you walk by offers you their umbrella and engages you in small talk about that professor that you all know, you will realize that coming to the forest was the best decision you have ever made. 1,500 of the finest people you'll ever meet.
I love the rolling green lawns, and the campus in general. The professors strive to see you succeed, and hope the very best for you!
Drew University is an AMAZING school that had provided me with a very strong academic education, solid business connections but most importantly, life long friendships which, as those who may be a little older, are what really matter in life. I left Drew, went on to an Ivy grad school and currently do very well in business. The relationships and memories made at Drew are priceless. Drew provided a solid foundation for life. I think Drew is a hidden gem in the national ranks.
Such a welcoming environment. Everyone is so friendly and caring. Loved the campus. In a nice safe are where there are plenty of things to do on the weekend. NYC is 45 minutes away so its a good place to attend school.
- Decent academics
- Social life feels like high school, very cliquey and centered on mediocre sports
- Needs more emphasis on safety
- Very easy to feel trapped on campus
- Food is pretty good
The campus itself is gorgeous in the warm weather. Everyone here is friendly and willing to lend a hand to those in need. The food varies, sometimes they make something really good and others they try but it doesn't work out well
Drew has great academics and professors. Many people form great relationships with their professors which makes the environment open to ideas and very helpful when you do not understand a subject. Although the food has been better than previous years it still needs work.
Drew University is a great place in a perfect location. Madison, NJ is such a nice, safe town that is great to relocate to after graduating. You also have the luxury of going into NYC as a student or working there after graduating. The professors at Drew are one-of-a-kind. They are very passionate about what they teach and truly care about their students. At Drew you will feel a great sense of community which is important when you are in such a major life transition. Almost everyone I know who graduated from Drew is doing great in careers or graduate school because we were so well-prepared.
I love the teachers, they work with students one on one and always make time to help out. The students here are friendly, but are cliquey and often it is difficult to find things to do if not involved in a sport activity.
Start Your Review of Drew University
I am a junior and I have had a very mediocre experience. The professors are wonderful, very hands on, and the academics are amazing. But social life does play a huge role in the college experience and if you're looking to constantly have fun and get your mind off of things, good luck. The night life varies from weekend to weekend and sometimes so many people go home that there isn't even a single thing going on. You really have to find the right group of friends, also you REALLY have to have a fake ID, otherwise you won't be the happiest. If you're looking for an all in all full on college experience, drew may not be the place for you.
I was between this school and a school that gets a slightly higher rating for academic rigor. I must say that this school challenges me intellectually in a way so intense that I know I made the correct choice. Please take a step bak and forget about the ratings of colleges and how well they teach their students formulas. This school educates your soul. With each class I can feel my soul developing and stretching. I am who I am because of this institution and I know the world more and more each day because of it.
I feel extremely safe on/around campus. No companies here