Drake University Reviews

Drake University is a fabulous establishment! The University has small class sizes, a great professor to student ratio, the professors are very accessible and truly want to see their students succeed in college and in life.
I love the sense of community at Drake. There are so many clubs and organizations that there is something for everyone. I have the privilege of constantly seeing my friends from the clubs I'm involved in around campus because of the smaller population of Drake.
Students are not accepting or open to new people or ideas. The professors and faculty are great and very helpful. I feel as if I am getting a good education for the amount that I am paying. Scholarship opportunities are great. The students are some of the cliquiest, most close-minded people I have ever met. If you are not interested in drinking and partying, there is nothing to do on campus during the week or on the weekends. The only organizations that have events are Greek organizations. The dining is awful and I have gotten food poisoning from it twice in the year I have been here. The area surrounding the campus is very dangerous. Shootings are not uncommon in the blocks surrounding campus.
Review Drake University
Drake University is a great school! I enjoy the academics. I learn new things everyday in class and it's a great school for my major. The only thing I would like to see change is having more diversity. Drake is slowly but surely trying to work on this now.
Drake is a great place to meet amazing and passionate people as well as get involved in all sorts of activities and causes. It is the perfect size, small school with just under 4,000 students. I know every professor and they know me. Everyone goes out of their way to make the best experience for you!
Campus is great. Definitely a community and welcoming environment everywhere you go. One thing that needs improving is the entrepreneurship program. The classes right make the major feel completely useless and there's a better use of time elsewhere.
Drake is very inclusive of all different types of people from different backgrounds. There is some sort of club for every single person, because Drake offers such a large variety of clubs. I also feel like Drake is very good at preparing their students for the future.
Most professors are very caring and do their best to help each student. The worst thing about Drake is probably the dining options.
I think Drake is a good option for students who want a small school setting in a more metropolitan area. Drake is located centrally in Des Moines which allows students access to restaurants, shops, entertainment, etc. Drake does lack diversity. Most of the students are upper-middle to upper class and white. Drake has a tradition of excellent academic achievement. There is also a large presence of Greek life (fraternities and sororities) on campus.
Drake University has a beautiful campus in Des Moines, Iowa. The campus is filled with tree and the live mascot, Griff, can often be found around campus.
DU is prestigious with many opportunities.
student support, but education top priority
DU is private, comparable students, challenging
I really do enjoy attending this school and am happy that is where I am
The SJMC has a +90% student placement rate, meaning most students find a job or get accepted to a grad program within 6 months of graduation
Not worse than any other American college campus.
Not the best but all the residence halls have air conditioning which is nice
Review Drake University
I like greek life at my school, it's a great way to get close to a group of people
I absolutely love my school! You get to know your professors and they really care about your success.
Our campus is very accepting, however there isn't much to accept. It's mainly christian white kids from affluent families. However those in minorities are not looked down upon, they work into our campus just as any other student. I personally haven't ever seen an instance of racism on campus.