Douglas Education Center Reviews

I enjoy this school because it's the only one on the east coast that offers special effects makeup and prosthetics
I'm a graduated student. Do not go to this school for Tom Savani. He is a glorified, self centered, no-show who pays extra attention to the female students. There are two good teachers who, even with their amazing skills and dedication, can't pick up the slack of the other teachers. Two don't understand the materials and teach their courses incorrectly while another has inappropriate relations with students. While giving special treatment to her, he would ignore other students completely. DO NOT go to boss housing!! They will force you out before your lease is up and make you pay for the remaining days. Worse yet, they'll degrade you and LAUGH IN YOUR FACE. The Business Office will give you the run around if you're having troubles getting your checks. They'll say they can't make that decision, send you to someone else, and then call them before you get there to say, "I don't sign off." This school is a joke. Go somewhere else and save yourself the headache.
They give you the run around.
Start Your Review of Douglas Education Center
Most online classes are reading a book and answering questions and writing reports. I don't like that. We had a class were we did art projects online.
They constantly change career services people and teachers so it's hard to get an opinion.
I wasted a lot of money on loans that I have to pay back so that some scam artist could make me feel like I would be working in Hollywood making lots of money, but won't.
I don't think I can survive in this career. The jobs don't pay well if they pay at all. Most of the jobs are temporary.
The make up teachers are playing games, going home early and play favorites with students.
I went to this school for make up effects. They have the name of Tom Savini on it to psych you out so you go. Most of the town looks like a war zone, run down with crazies on the street. A bad ghetto.

The teachers were not holding class, were clearly having inappropriate relationships with their students and were playing favorites with certain girls.

The jobs in this industry are a joke. They pay minimum wage are are temporary. My friends are doing to well. This industry isn't a big industry to work in.

They had some good teachers but most of them left. I could have spent my money on a real career someowhere else where I didn't feel like I was going to school in a dead end ghetto.
Terrible quality and scheduling was a complete nightmare
I tried to transfer and this school has such a bad reputation that I have to retake classes that were not accepted.
The career services personell are clueless. They have new ones in the position constantly which makes it confusing and hard to get honest career aid. They cannot keep people employed here because the school has a horrible reputation.
This school was one of the worst things I have ever done with my time and money. The job placement for their arts programs is a complete joke and excessively overpriced for an associates degree that will get you nowhere. The teachers are mostly unprofessional and leave the classroom frequently. The career services personell know they can not place you with a full time job but lie to your face and upon graduation act like you need to relocate. Anyone I knew who did relocate for one of these said positions had to obtain secondary jobs to pay their bilks because the only jobs available in this degree were bogus. This school is a scam run by scam artists.
Good luck finding a job. You most likely will not.
Meant instructors were not able to properly do their job due to unruly student bodies that the school allows in with their 100% enrollment attitude because they want the money, instead of a quality student body. Many instructors were unprofessional and would leave the room during most classes to do something else.
I attended a few other institutions and decided to give this school a try because it looked promising. I was very wrong because the school truly is a for profit institution and does not care about the student after graduation. I attended the special effects program and was told that placement was high and easy to obtain. They do not specify that they include jobs at Sephora part time making minimum wage as a qualifying placement position all the while the school is a whopping 50,000 for a pathetic associates degree that seemingly has aided me in getting nowhere except debt. The jobs they claim exist are nowhere to be found honestly and the staff is unprofessional. There are even student teacher relationships that nothing is done about but is widely known by the student body. The housing is deplorable. Basically they put you in a run down slum lord of a rental home seeded in the ghetto town of Monessen, pa which is not suitable for students. Anyone I know working with their degree from this school in their faux art program is working part time or eventually needs a second job to make ends meet.
I am learning everything possible to make it in my industry. They are always posting jobs available in our field. The curriculum and are facility are top notch for learning. There are a lot of hands on..so we are not just learning we are doing .
Start Your Review of Douglas Education Center
I am having a great experience so far. The teachers are all excellent and I'm learning so much.
As a military veteran using educational benefits I was jumping through hoops to get a program like special effects signed off on and felt like the administration could've done the same when it came to keeping me informed.

I was a homeless military veteran went to the area with a budget. Found housing not great but financially workable got hooked up at food bank did everything necessary to get on track stay focused and be successful.

Looking back in feel I got set up to fail. The financial aid office instead of asking questions alluded to knowing how to file military veteran education benefit paperwork and I didn't find out until midterms in the first semester that she never processed anything which also put my pell grant (making my budgeted housing monies inexcessable and my storage unit going unpaid). I followed up everyday for a week trying to find the problem between veteran affairs and the college only to have my budget my determination my drive and education suckered by an invoice. They cut my lock losing any and all belongings I owned. My physical health as well as mental weren't good and no one cared.

I was sucked in and excited only to be left disheartened and deserted.
I love the environment of the school. Admissions is a castle theme and it's really welcoming. The professors are very friendly and helpful. Everyone wants you to succeed and will help you reach your goals.