Dordt College Reviews

Love the professor to student ratio, very small, personal classes. Somewhat limited resources/opportunities due to the lack of size and diversity (also, the town that it is in is very small).
You'll find a community of like-minded people, 90% of which comes from a Reformed Christian, Dutch-American background. The saying goes, "if you're not Dutch, you ain't much." You'll fit right in if you're one of them. If not, then you'll find yourself a minority here. Overall people are generally friendly and helpful, through not necessarily open-minded.
Dordt College is an awesome place. The academics and professors are both interesting and helpful. It has a beautiful campus and the student involvement is really high so you get to know the others around you.
Start Your Review of Dordt College
I LOVE it at Dordt. The education is great, professors are friendly, and campus is so fun! The community here is amazing and I've made so many friends in the past two years. If you're looking for a great Christian college, check Dordt out!
I visited Dordt College and instantly fell in love with it. The campus is beautiful and the atmosphere is wonderful. Dordt College does a great job in educating their students. I also love that there is not a big party scene. My favorite part about Dordt College is that it is christian based and they do a good job of incorporating that in their classes.
Dordt College, academically, is excellent. I feel engaged in my classes and enjoy getting to know professors and my fellow students. My professors have been accommodating to my three-year graduation plan. Dordt College has a wonderful community as well.
I have really enjoyed Dordt College. The professors here are great and easy to talk to and everyone in the community loves the college and will do anything to help you.
I'm having a wonderful time at Dordt! I have fun weekends and evenings with worship opportunities and sporting events. I also have amazing professors who honestly care about how I do and make sure that I am learning and understanding the material presented in class. They also make great accommodations for disabled students!
I love Dordt College because of the friendships and the community I have experienced here. As a student wanting to grow in my education as well as my Christian faith, this place has helped me become the person that God has created me to be. I am going into my sophomore year of college, and I was so excited to come back! It is home to me. The small class sizes allow me to get to know more students and my professors on a first-name basis. There is not much that I would recommend they change. This school is a great choice!
I like the community of Dordt. There are a lot of friendly faces on campus, and you feel at home right away. However, I would like to see maybe a few more classes offered, not necessarily major-focused, but more for electives or outside studies as a way to broaden student's intelligence and knowledge.
Very racist school that hates native Americans, blacks and Latinos. Popular saying by professors is "You ain't much if you ain't Dutch".
The atmosphere at Dordt College is all about community and everybody is kind to each other. People are always willing to help you out if you need it! Something special is happening on this campus!
Dordt is a great school that definitely will help prepare you for the future. A large majority of the professors really care about the students and do their best to help you learn. The town of Sioux Center is a bit small for those who are used to living in larger cities, but the campus and student life are pretty good, with activities going on very often. I would recommend Dordt to any student committed to their academics and wanting a good campus around you where you can make friends quickly.
I am currently a senior at Dordt College. I have absolutely LOVED the past four years at this school. The campus is beautiful and close, so everything is an easy walk away (helpful when running late to class:) I have found the faculty to be extremely helpful and passionate about my learning. All have been more than willing to write references for me, and I can be confident they can attest to my identity due to the small ratio and personal relationship with each. Finally, the students on campus are phenomenal. I am not looking forward to graduating out of this campus and leaving all of the wonderful people I have met and my roommates. Dordt has been fundamental in my physical, emotional, and spiritual growth as an individual.
Dordt College is a fantastic place for higher education. It is small and personal. The professors are always interested in the student's learning. There is a great campus community.
I currently attend Dordt College. I am enjoying the experience of being a college student. The facilities are very nice. The campus center, classroom buildings, chapel, rec center and dorms are all very up to date. The campus is beautiful especially in the spring and fall with all of the flowers that are planted. I am currently a Communications major. I am able to take a number of my major courses right away as a Freshman. The professors are helpful, and they are willing to meet with you individually if you need it. They have also been helpful in guiding me on which classes to take during each semester. I appreciate the different activities that are held on campus. These have helped me to meet a lot of different kids from other areas of the country.
Dordt is a great school with a great reformed christian background. The professors and staff there are caring and supportive of all the students and offer help and support to make sure all students succeed. It may cost a little more than other schools, but the overall investment is worth it. The students get to know each other by name throughout the whole campus regardless of grade and social status. The school gathers, grows, and treats each other as a giant caring and loving community.
Start Your Review of Dordt College
Dordt is awesome, it was definitely the right choice for me. I love the community there and how much I am learning. The professors really care and go out of their way to let you know that. It is easy to be get involved and make a difference on campus.
The atmosphere at the college is very chill and relaxed. The students are nice and polite to each other, and the faculty does its best to help the students learn. The campus is very Christ centered and there are always events that can be attended. The classes are interactive and much of the content is hands on in some way. One change that I would suggest is the food. The facilities are nice for the small amount of people on campus yet the food quality could definitely improve as well as the variety.
Our son is thankful that he is making it through, and he had an awesome engineering internship this past summer.