Dominican University of California Reviews

I love the small, tight-knit community Dominican has to offer. As a Nursing student, it is so helpful having small class sizes because the professors take the time to get to know you and help you succeed.
Great location, small school with nice people and nice professors. The campus is beautiful. The tuition is very expensive, but there are good programs for teaching and premed.
Small campus school with an intimate approach to education. Professors are friendly and willing to go the extra mile for all their students. Very high focus on the nursing program. Campus security is always present and quick to respond.
Dining hall is one of Dominican’s weakest points. Lunches are generally okay but dinners tend to be worse. Vegetables generally burnt, food is greasey, salad bar lols unhygienic. Had a very evident rat problem in the past year.
Dorms are given out based on a lottery system. Majority of students are commuters.
Campus is beautiful and located in a upper class, quiet neighborhood. Fireside trail located right behind. About one mile walk from downtown San Rafael, 30 minutes from San Francisco, 15 minutes from Berkeley.
Start Your Review of Dominican University of California
ATTENTION: RECRUITED HIGH SCHOOL ATHLETES BEWARE, SCAM UNIVERSITY

TUITION CONTINUES TO RISE, TRANSFER RATES INCREASE, GPA INFLATION IS RAMPANT, ATHLETICS ARE POOR, ADMINISTRATION IS CORRUPT, FACILITIES ARE DATED, HUMANITIES DEPARTMENTS ARE COLLAPSING
I have chosen Dominican to be my home for the next four years. I'm extremely happy to be a penguin.
My experience at Dominican University has created nothing more than a positive environment that has enhanced my overall experience as a first year student. It has exceeded my expectations that I had for the school. For starters, the professors are all willing to help you in all possible ways to enable success. I feel extremely safe at my school as campus security is always there for you no matter the time of night. Being that I am an African American going to a school where I am the minority I was initially concerned about being discriminated against. However, the school goes to enormous efforts to stress the importance of equality. In today's society, it is nice to know that the university I attend seems me just as everyone else. No matter the background, race, religion, sexuality, etc., everyone is seen as equals and it is the such a beautiful environment to be around and further my education.
Valued the opportunity to attend classes through the Pathways/ADC program in the evening. The quality of education was not diminished - mostly PhD instructors with practice/work experience in Psychology. Would be great to work in cohorts with the opportunity to establish relationships and support for adult students. Also would have benefited from a more involved and consistent advisor throughout my 3 years attending the school.
So far there are a lot more to love than to dislike about this school. Teachers are always caring and are willing to help (most). The campus is beautiful and is probably one of the most beautiful campuses out there. The cafeteria food is inconsistent and usually the only good choices to eat is salad and fries. Financial wise they are a bit confusing. Other than that, I really like the school and it's demographics. You will meet a lot of people with different backgrounds in this school.
Love the small classes and the teachers. Possibly change the tuition price and cost of related school costs.
I enjoyed my time at Dominican. The campus is beautiful and the small class sizes really help your teacher to get to know you and vice versa.
Education depends on the work you put in, I've had a great experience because my professors are very good at answering questions clarifying concerns and being attentive.
The people at this school were amazing. If you establish the proper relationships your opportunities are endless. I do think the faculty could be more accessible to students, unfortunately the current situation is either your teachers are extremely helpful or not helpful at all. The students are great and its very easy to establish relationships.
After completing my first year at Dominican, I am extremely satisfied with my experience thus far. The professors care about the students, and will do all that they can to ensure success. The one-on-one connections at Dominican open many doors for students in the academic world in addition to professions. Their are internships offered for most majors, and personal advisors are great for recommendations. Dominican is a friendly and welcoming environment.
My experience at Dominican has overall been an amazing one. I really think that having the right advisor helps make the experience here truly something worth it. The resources on campus are also very helpful and it's easy to form a real relationship with most of the people you meet throughout your educational career at Dominican.
Dominican has an environment that fosters self-sufficiency while simultaneously providing you with help to palliate the steps it takes to get where you want to go. People here care.
My overall rate of Dominican University of California is of a very nice school. The campus is impressive and beautiful. I like how the professor to student rate is considerably small, because that way students have better communication with their professors. I also like their nursing program and how relatively convenient it is, it makes your internship and college years much simpler. Only thing I wish they did, is to offer more scholarships for students from different backgrounds.
My experience so far at Dominican has been fabulous. I am enrolled in Dominican's teaching program and it has made my dream of becoming a teacher a reality. My professors really do care about me as a person and about my academics. The classes at Dominican are very rich in content and really are worth your investment. The overall campus is beautiful. Wherever you are on campus you will see trees or bushes or flowers. Dominican's campus is composed of over 400 different plant species. Dominican's community is so welcoming, kind, and diverse. The diversity is so beautifully present here. As always, students will want to get off campus and San Rafael is a great location. Located in Marin County, there are many diverse places to eat, malls, movie theaters, book stores, and hiking locations. San Rafael is also just a 30 min drive to San Francisco and a 15 min drive to Berkley.
Start Your Review of Dominican University of California
Wanting to be located in close proximity to San Francisco but also be out in nature by the redwoods was a must for me coming from congested Los Angeles. the location is perfect, and the professors are personal and the classes are challenging but manageable. If you are here solely for a strong education then this is perfect for you. Small classes give you hands-on experience with plenty of internship opportunities. I will be coming back for another year.
When I went to go visit Dominican it was really gloomy but the people there brightened the day. The people there were really generous and the campus is not that big, which I really like. Everyone knows each other there and it is a small community that really make the campus have a positive vibe.
As a transfer student, I wasn't sure what to expect, but I know I received more! The counselors were helpful with scheduling. Classes are smaller but it is not too difficult to get the classes you need.