Dine College Reviews

Dine Community College is a great college. I have been here for almost 6 years and I am proud to be a Warrior. The instructors, school advisers and classes definitely work with your daily lives. I meet quite a few new fellow and past students while attending. Also the main campus area is a definite view to see with the wilderness surrounding you. The one thing I would like to change is maybe adding more building to the other outside classes.
Currently a first year student. I enjoy my time here with many of my peers and instructors who are very insightful on many of the subjects they teach.
Every day, every week, every month, every semester and every year this College is changing. Degree programs are growing, allowing some majors a bachelors program. I love this college because other colleges can't teach and give me the hands on courses of the Dine (Navajo) Language. The Navajo culture is interpreted within the syllabus, the class and the environment. It's just a welcoming learning environment.
Start Your Review of Dine College
The College is Fantastic. Excellent teachers who know what they are doing! You get the higher education that you need and for such a great price! The food here is excellent and the students are great to get along with. With fast WiFi you do not have to worry about online classes taking forever you will always be up to date. The college is a bit isolated so there are not many stores to travel to, but they do know how to have fun here! The dorms are old but in good condition and you have just enough living space to be comfortable. The safety on campus is OUTSTANDING. The campus Police are always patrolling day and night 24/7 rain sleet or snow! the diversity is not too diverse with it being a native school so as expected it is a majority native population. The athletics here are OK with there being a basketball team and an archery team with a coach who was elected coach of the year for archery. All in all this is a great college and highly recommend it. 4 stars!
A wonderful and affordable community college. Full of all sorts of natives right in the heart of the Navajo Nation. Culturally rooted in the Navajo culture. Diné College is perfect for any person of Navajo heritage and is also great for anyone wanting to learn about the culture. Building are old but what college isn't old. Diné College campus is off the grid so it is great for anyone who enjoys the mountains and truly being off the grid.
My experience at Dine College was different from what my family members said when they did attend here. I am isolated from fast food restaurants and the urban setting because your in a small area on the Navajo Reservation. I like the dorm setting but I feel like the rules are strict, the professors here are nice and willing to help you with whatever you need in helping you approve your grade in classes. You get to know people from across the reservation and the class sizes are small which is great! Being here made me more focused on my education as well as going outdoors and exploring around the area. I feel like the place could improve on the food in the cafeteria because it seems like your always eating the same thing.
They worked well around my schedule and I still got to do things that I wanted to do, and my credits transferred easily.
Although they have minor difficulties here and there the online courses allow you to work around time that is flexible to you and this is great help if you are working or trying to pursue another career and you still get the same education if you were on campus.
Many of the positions offered at the school work greatly with alumni students, because they are able to describe the life of the college. They also support your decisions to higher institutes and work with your major and transferring credits.
Many of the teachers understand where you're coming because they are from the same background. They connect with many of the students in ways that enhance your trust in them and the courses they instruct which eases the burden off most students.
They offer many opportunities to expand your knowledge on the major you're pursuing and they include internships, outreaches, and clubs to become more involved and more educated.
They work to educate you on furthering your careers, and they provide transferrable credits so that you're able to continue your education at a bigger institute.
It's an amazing start for any high school graduate who is looking for a slow start and an affordable education. They also work hard to inform students on their culture and traditions which most colleges don't have.
I do have trouble with some classes because I have to go to doctor appointments and some classes are either in the middle of the day or morning. I have to miss a day or two every semester. Some classes aren't provided at the campus but they are available on a different campus.
I currently am taking an online course and I have to say it is kind of difficult because I'm not used to having to check everyday for homework or discussions. Most of the time I forget about the discussions and I'm probably counted as absent. The instructors can't really do a one on one with students but It's a good learning experience, well I think.
My classes are pretty big with small classrooms. I had an experience with one class being too big that there were not enough computers for the students to work on.The professors give you their phone number and office hours so you can do one on one with them if you are having trouble with homework.
The student workers are learning to be independent with a small job working at the college, helping other students get paper work done.
Start Your Review of Dine College
I am a Computer Information Systems major and it deals with a lot of mathematics. I am learning a lot of new things with number and I am getting excited for learning the computer systems. It's something new to me and I am willing to do my very best to learn more about computers for my future career as a computer technician.
Dine College is a small and affordable school. I especially like the fact that it has a small campus.
Like the classes are decent size, not like 250 students to a classroom kind of deal. Like it's more of 20 to 30 students. So, the professors are easy access. Also the professors make like an effort to teach you and make sure you understand the lesson or lessons.