DigiPen Institute of Technology Reviews

This institute focuses on what I want to do for a career since I was five. To become a game artist and create my artwork on a professional level. To develop my foundation skills that would be needed for the different types of medium and technology. To be able to let my imagination be free in this kind of career when I participated in their four-week summer program project fun. I got to experience what the students learn and do in DigiPen.
I don’t see anything to change about this institution because to me I really look forward to attending DigiPen.
The teachers are amazing, and the curriculum is spectacular. I am a BFA student and they will force you to learn, get good, and then become exceptional in your skillset.

The bad is they will work you really hard. You need to commit all or nearly all of your time to doing homework and school can be extremely stressful and panic inducing.
I absolutely LOVE DigiPen. I am a freshman BFA there, and it has really become home. It is truly made for people of all ages who have a dream and are willing to go the extra mile to make it happen. You meet so many great people, and learn to spend almost all your time there. The teachers are amazing and genuinely care about your progress, the classes are truly geared toward your degree, and no body throws parties because everyone is just too busy, though we do have select special events where we can all gather and just hang out, which is amazing. The work load is definitely prominent though, and I've seen a number of people under estimate it. But, if you can get past DigiPen, you can get past ANYTHING handed to you, in your field, in the real world. Best choice of my life, so far, to come here.
Start Your Review of DigiPen Institute of Technology
I am a older (28 yo) Bachelor of Fine Art Student for Animation and Digital Art at Digipen with a little more interest in the fine arts vs. game art/production art, but I came here because I wanted a more technical education in drawing and painting both traditionally and digitally. I like that the school will make me into a jack of all trades type of artist, from which I will be able to refine as I leave school and start giving the professional artist life a go.

The school is definitely geared and accommodating to those who want to go into game design but also has an option for pursuing film projects.
The work load is pretty insane and time management is most necessary It's a little unfortunate, but most students don't produce stuff they're all that proud of for that first year but the improvement in quality and efficiency as artists because of the curriculum is very apparent.

Some of my peers are able to hold part-time jobs and attend school. I haven't found that balance yet.
The campus is not the typical large college but rather in an office building of sorts with three levels which makes navigating and getting to class very easy. The teachers are laid back, willing to get to know you, answer questions and touch base if you have any concerns.

The work load is tense, much more than the typical college experience and will be a constant thing to remember when it comes to work but at the same time, this is preparing you for the workforce, meeting deadlines and staying motivated. You get to know everyone eventually.

The staff are dedicated and friendly - when living in the dorms you get to meet your RA's who set up weekly to monthly events and the university itself is very driven by holding events and getting everyone together.

The price of attending here is expensive, but considering the result that you get out of it, it is worth the effort.
Very up to date on their information for students going in their respective feilds. Teachers are willing to help and has a great atmosphere for students.
DigiPen is a school you need to be ready for. It offers alluring courses that describe ideal opportunities and careers that you may find fascinating, but it does not sugar coat the four years it will take you to get there. It is a grueling, difficult course sequence to get through, and they make that very clear. As a currently enrolled student, allow me to amplify that message: To get through any of the degree programs at DigiPen, you need to really know what you're getting into and be determined to get through it. This is not a cheap school. If you have second thoughts, spend your money exploring elsewhere. But, if DigiPen offers exactly what you are after and you are ready for a brutal first few years, there is no better school out there.
Digipen overall is a fantastic school. The professors and administration are all great. Of course, like any school it has its pros and cons, but everyone at this school is dedicated to achieving its goal. The cafe is wonderful, the connection opportunities the school provides you with are insanely fantastic, it's lived up to all the expectations I've had for it and I'm glad I am going.
Most classes are geared toward your actual majors, however when you first start there's a lot of general studies to get through your first year. Things get more specialized the longer you stay. Faculty is nice, and all of them have worked in the industry in some way shape or form, so everyone knows what they're talking about! (Mostly)
Being at DigiPen Institute of Technology is like stepping into another world. It's different from most colleges because you are learning your degree right from the beginning, and you're treated as an equal among your peers and professors. If you get stuck, there is always someone around who can help you or point you in the right direction for help. The campus is very diverse, with people from all walks of life, and the faculty and students take great steps to make sure that everyone feels welcome.
Digipen is not a learning institution in the sense that you don't go there to learn. You go to prove that you already know. Most of the teach are unqualified to even teach. In my experience, Digipen doesn't even test if the teachers can speak English proficiently or even have a viable academic plan. There is a reason why Digipen only less than a 30% retention rate and the dropout rate is so high. The degree programs are so experimental that they burden the students with unbalanced workloads and poorly planned assignments. There are many teachers who are simply unqualified to teach their respecting class. For example, some of the teachers who teach in the design degree program have never designed a single game in their entire life and just copy and paste their teaching materials from the Youtube channel "Extra Credits." If you want to learn and don't have much experience in coding and/or want to learn game design; go to any other college that has software engineering or psychology.
I feel DigiPen is a good school. One thing you have to be willing to do is work. No matter what degree program you go into, you WILL be piled with work throughout a semester. It's important that you have decent time management; if you don't have time management, you can still get by, but it's crucial to get those time management skills.
I'm love this school, not because this school is easy or stress me out less. It's because they gives us a chance to do, or learn what student want.
DigiPen is a school where you put hard work in and get out amazing work. I get to work countless hours on the things I love. All the assignments and art courses are relevant to each other. I get to explore something I love and continue doing it as a passion and a career.
It all depends on what you have taken
Availability in each semester is a problem.
I haven't found any helpful things for me yet.
Start Your Review of DigiPen Institute of Technology
It's hard work, but if you can do it, then do it.
It's a great school for those who love games.
As a student who is specializing in audio, it is very interesting how my course sequence has been laid out. Just this year, I took a class about writing a synthesizer using code. It was an amazing experience. We get access to some of the best audio technology in a special room filled with music equipment, it's great.