Dickinson College Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- Affordable fixed or variable rates
- No application, origination or disbursement fees
- Loans from community lenders that put people before profits
- Easy, online app with ability to add a cosigner in minutes
- Simple, straightforward student loans with an easy application
- Flexible repayment options, and strong borrower protections
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.34 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.41 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.41 responses
Most Popular Majors
International Business70 Graduates
Political Science and Government36 Graduates
International Relations and National Security Studies27 Graduates
Biochemistry and Molecular Biology22 Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.44 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.52 responses
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.16 responses
Dickinson College Reviews
I love Dickinson! My first year here was very satisfying all around as a student-athlete. I found the ability to balance both athletics and academics, which is crucial to all coaches and athletes. My expectations were surpassed especially with regards to campus awareness. This college is very aware of diversity and contemporary issues. Two of the main pillars of a Dickinson education--global citizenship and sustainability--are present in every major's curriculum. I've found that alum have been able to apply their skills to jobs that might not even be related to their major. This skill is more important than ever because in 5-10 years, there will be jobs and industries that do not even exist yet.
I am a first year student at Dickinson and I have enjoyed my experience so far. The community is great and this was a concern for me being a person of color. However, the POC community is more than welcoming as well as the nonePOC community. Your experience here is what you make of it, if you go out and attempt to assimilate into the community you will do just fine but if you hide and stay away from people then you will not enjoy your experience. The classes are great the professor take a personal interest in your well being in class, to the point of emailing or calling you if you are absent. There are many clubs and activities to get involved in. Greek life is present but not mandatory to have a great experience at Dickinson. The party scene is great and accommodates all kind of people. From major parties to smaller kickbacks. I recommend Dickinson for anyone, it’s a great school!
I've loved Dickinson from the moment I stepped on campus. The landscape is well maintained, however some of the buildings could really use an update. The dorms are typical of any college, and they are adding a nice new dorm this year. There is special interest housing which is worth looking at. The class sizes are small so lots of one-on-one time with professors. The sciences are amazing even though Dickinson doesn't recognize them as much as the large population of business majors. My professors are great advisors for grad school and job options, and Dickinson has many resources for finding internships. Pretty diverse population and the food is awesome. I personally don't think this is a party school, good options for sororities but not so much fraternities. Greek life doesn't interfere with non-greek students. Carlisle is a nice town with lots to do in the surrounding area. Dickinson also provides great financial aid resources.