Diablo Valley College Reviews

Diablo Valley College has a really beautiful campus. There are tons of ponds, resting/studying areas, and trees to sit by. Their bookstore is pretty good; it has a Peet’s. The cafeteria food is also amazing, the culinary students make the food themselves. The one downside is the counselors and financial aid office at DVC aren’t as helpful as they should be.
I am a currently a returning student at Diablo Valley College. I first attended Diablo Valley College as an immature and naive high school graduate. Going through the motions in order to please my parents, I study my way to transferring to San Francisco State University where I earned my B.S. in Business Administration. However, I was so sure of my self and my future.

To my relief, I received a job offer to work in New Zealand as an outdoor guide. After working in ecotourism for two years and attending a two-week Wilderness First Responder program, I fell in love with medicine. For the first time in my life, I knew what I wanted to do.

I returned to the United States in August 2017 with the intention of pursuing a career in medicine. Since then, I have been able to attend Diablo Valley College and successfully complete 30 units of graduate school prerequisites. Diablo Valley College has enabled me to pursue my dreams.
I have been attended this college for about two and half years starting as ESL student. I have to say that this college impressed me a lot. I am glad that I had this experience.
First, I have to say that this college gives the opportunity to earn the education for the not very big price. If you compare the tuition for the DVC and any university, you will see that DVC is much cheaper. Therefore, it is a good idea do not go to university right after High school but go to the college DVC, CCC...) and take some classes.
But remember, DVC is very popular college, and you use your chance to register for the desirable classes as soon as possible (as the system can allow you to do this).
Start Your Review of Diablo Valley College
It feels like a 4-year college. The best professors you can find, and interesting, engaging courses. It is the perfect place to prepare you for transferring to a University or give you vocational skills like nursing/dental hygiene.
DVC has provided an overall fantastic education for me as a student. As a community college, it has allowed me to learn more within my field, catch up in my weaker areas of study, and explore new subjects I now find myself incredibly passionate about; moreover, it has saved me a great deal of money, and helped me transfer to a 4-year college, preparing me and giving me enough confidence to succeed, (I believe it's currently the #1 leading transfer college in California).
Ultimately, like any college, it has its shortcomings (as you'll see within my ratings), and as a community college, you definitely won't get the same college experience as you would at a 4-year college. But ultimately, DVC provides you with a good education, with a lovely community of both teachers and peers.
This school has helped groom me into a student who's ready for a four-year university. Only problem I'd say would be parking and hard to get classes in the beginning as a freshman
I think there should be more unity between the campuses. Other than that, the program is really geared towards helping you become a better student and achieve your academic goals. The San Ramon Campus is definetly the nicer campus out of the two. However Pleasant Hill has a lot more options and feels much more like a college campus than DVC SR does.
It motivated me to transfer and to pursue a higher degree, loved the environment that I was in and made me want to work hard.
This is a great first college for me. The professors can teach very well and most of them are passionate about what they teach. They want you to succeed and ALL take times out of their days to help you and open up their office for students. It's a great place to hang out, whether you're studying in the library, meeting friends in the cafeteria, or just hanging out outside. I feel that the students work together to improve the school.
Diablo Valley College provides one of the best community college educations in the state of California. Particularly in the areas of physical and life sciences, the professors and community is supportive of students in all of their endeavors and goals. Small classroom sizes means more one on one time with the professors. There are minor adjustments to be made logistically, such as a larger academic counseling service, parking, and housing options. The international community is large at this campus, so meeting new and interesting individuals is quite easy.
Really great school that has great people. The school also has a great support system that really has your goals in mind about transferring and getting you to where you want to be. The teachers are amazing and I was able to build a great relationship with many of them that were able to support me as well.
The college was a very good experience. The professors were very good at connecting with their students as most classes were very small. Each subject was well taught and easy to understand.
DVC has allowed me to grow as a student academically and as a leader. I have created great relationships with professors and mentors along while working full time.
Great environment It's a really nice community college! The class and tuition fees are super low which allows you to take more classes with less money. Financial aid is always there to help and always have some sort of aid to hand out. The campus itself is super beautiful with new and modern-looking buildings and classrooms. There's a large pond in the middle of the campus where students like to hang out and study. All around the college, there are warm grass areas in the sun to chill between classes. The campus is right next to downtown pleasant hill where you can find the sunvalleey mall and tons and tons of stores and restaurants.
I have never had a professor that I didn't find helpful at DVC. Campus is easy to navigate. Parking is pretty crazy. Overall, good experience.
DVC is very welcoming to all! Professors make sure you're prepared for transferring. It has a lot of extra activities and clubs to be involved in, along with programs to explore options and interests.
Start Your Review of Diablo Valley College
There are some miracle staff members on this campus. If you want to excel in your academics then it is absolutely crucial to use Ratemyprofessor.com because not all staff members are created equally here. Being a part of sports teams and academic clubs surrounded me with positive and driven people all working towards transferring and graduation. If you want to succeed I would definitely recommend this campus. Many of my friends, including myself, has transferred into great four-years due to this college.
The diversity is great, which is a plus. I took a summer class and my professor was very nice and chill, not overwhelming students.
Diablo Valley College is a great school. Teachers work with their students and truly do care about their well being. This school is located near Sunvalley mall and there are a lot of places to eat and socialize. There are also many students from different backgrounds which makes DVC even more unique.