Des Moines Area Community College Reviews

Des Moines Area Community College has a comfortable atmosphere. It’s a great place to learn what you want to go into later in life for better price range then some colleges. They have a very unique “culture“ all of their own. Staff are friendly and very helpful. The student are very friendly. There are no real racial boundaries or even popularity hierarchies.
Many opportunities while at this college, I would recommend someone thinking about going there to do it!
I attend the Urban campus so I don't know a lot about the Ankeny campus. Urban has been wonderful! I am a non-traditional student so going back to school was scary. I am a TRIO member and I highly recommend applying to try to get in.
Start Your Review of Des Moines Area Community College
It is a good community college to start out with before you transfer onto another school. The only downside is the lack of specific classes available, and sometimes communication with staff can be a little tough.
When I first went to DMACC I thought it was okay. The teachers could have been better. Half cared about you and your grades and the other half didn't care at all. I want to return to get my accounting certificate, I'm just glad I can take the whole thing online. being a working adult it really helps that DMACC is very diverse in there options for taking a class.
Good option for college, they have a plenty staff in all the areas, and always they try to help to succeed and achieve your goals
I'm new to DMACC, but what I've seen so far I've liked. I took on-line classes previously, which were also satisfactory.
Everyone at Des Moines Area Community College is extremely helpful and generous, and extremely nice about everything! They make registration and getting ready for classes non-stressful. Everyone I've met has been extremely well mannered and I am pleased to be a part of this college. It's my freshman year in college, but I highly reccomend this place! They help push you to better yourself and achieve your goals when you think you can't do it. Apply at DMACC! It's a great place to learn and grow as a person, to get to where you want to be in life!
Went to DMACC's RN program. Greatly enjoyed to program and the teachers. Would recommend the program to anyone interested in pursing a career in nursing.
I would like to see comparable program requirements to similar schools in the area. I have taken both Nursing and Medical Insurance through DMACC and the requirements seem to be significantly different than most. Full program information seems to be lacking in some areas as well as informing the students of possible issues that may come up. I am also disappointed with the cancelattion in classes needed to graduate with no lack of sympathy. I hope that my meetings with program directors has opened some paths for other students.
It was a good for how much it cost. would prefer to go back there do to how much cheaper it was. It had very good instructors. The Ankeny and Des Moines campuses are very nice looking. As stated before the price was nice, but the down side is that it is only a 2 year college.
Its pretty good. Some teachers are awesome, others aren't so much. You get your aa and thats what your paying for
The staff is very helpful and the Ankeny campus is beautiful. There are a ton of options for work study and I have heard great things about programs other than nursing that I am attending.
I had a very positive experience while attending DMACC. The professors were nice and very interested in seeing their students succeed. Everything was fantastic. The only thing I would like to see change is the level of involvement with extra curricular activities. I was not even aware that DMACC had sports teams or games I could have attended.
The tuition is relatively cheap, and it's easy to get around the buildings. The professors are very connected, and take time with students since the classes are smaller in size. My personal experience with DMACC so far is the last year has been very pleasing.
DMACC is a great community college with a diverse and knowledgeable faculty who really care about their students.
My favorite thing about Des Moines Area Community College (DMACC) is the staff. I have yet to meet a member, from janitors to the provost, that is sultry or discouraging. Everyone always seem happy to help and listen, creating an atmosphere that inherently combats the stress accompanied through the schoolwork. My only possible complaint would be the lack of music based classes (there being only one), but whether the student is looking for a degree or a transfer, DMACC should be a consideration for anyone in the area.
Start Your Review of Des Moines Area Community College
I like DMACC because the professors have great office hours so that you can go and get help whenever you need it. I also like the small class sizes because it is easier to ask questions and work with other when there aren't as many people in the same classroom. The professors work very hard to help you through your classes and give you advice and ideas about what line of work you could go into.
Like how there tuition is affordable and staff always there to help you I like the most where the campus at Ankeny has Day care. That's very helpful comes in handle.
I personally love how small my classes are. Every student can get that one on one time with their instructors and if they can't they can go to the academic achievement center and see one of the free tutors there. DMACC really wants to have successful students and it shows.