B-
Overall Niche Grade
How are grades calculated?
  1. Professors
    C+
  2. Value
    C+
  3. Diversity
    B
  4. Safety
    A+
  5. Student Experience
    B
  6. Location
    B
Des Moines Area Community College is ...
Public
Athletic Division
NJCAA Division II
Athletic Conference
Address
2006 Ankeny Blvd
Ankeny, IA 50023
Website

Admissions

Cost

Net Price
$10,370/ year
National
$15,431

Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.

Net Price by Household Income
  • <$30k
    $9,445/ year
  • $30-48k
    $10,176/ year
  • $49-75k
    $12,263/ year
  • $76-110k
    $14,034/ year
  • $110k+
    $14,241/ year

Academics

Professors
C+
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
20:1
Evening Degree Programs
Yes
83%
of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.101 responses
64%
of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.90 responses
76%
of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.88 responses

Majors

Students

Full-Time Enrollment
7,566Undergrads
Undergrads Over 25
25%
Pell Grant
48%
Varsity Athletes
2%
Poll
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
  • More opinions are needed to display this poll.Take our surveyto add your opinion.

Campus Life

Freshmen Live On-Campus
Day Care Services
Yes
39%
of students highly rate the athletics/recreation facilities.96 responses
40%
of students highly rate the dining facilities.96 responses
35%
of students highly rate the performing arts facilities.31 responses

After Des Moines Area Community College

Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
$34,500/ year
National
$33,028
Graduation Rate
20%
National
47%
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
88%
National
83%

More opinions are needed to display this poll.  Take our survey

Colleges like Des Moines Area Community College
More

Des Moines Area Community College Reviews

784 reviews
All Categories
It is a hit and miss; I would say 70% of professors are absolute geniuses and are amazing people that will go out of their way for a students success. The other 30%, not so much. The courses transfer well to four year universities and the school has many partnerships with other universities that allow smooth transfers and most partnerships offer financial awards. The honors program is phenomenal, and there are so many opportunities to succeed!
Review Des Moines Area Community College
One thing I like about DMACC are the ratio of professors to students in the classrooms. If I have any questions, I feel like I have a voice that's heard, even more important - wants to be heard. I'm not just a body in the masses at DMACC, my professors know my name and are more than willing to help me with my assignments if need be.
One thing I wish DMACC had were American Sign Language classes - then DMACC would be perfect!
It is great! There are a wide variety of classes to choose from for a Liberal Arts - AA or even an AS degree. They have helpful tools and staff to help you plan out your classes. They offer a variety of times for classes as well, you can have a class that is early morning, mid afternoon, or even night classes. With the range of class times, it makes it easier for more people to get a degree. They have a few set teachers per class, but they offer many classes per semester so you do not have to wait long on a waiting list.