1. Greencastle, IN
  2. 4 Year

DePauw University Reviews

DePauw University is the best education you will every receive besides an Ivy League School. I transferred out and had to come back because no other education compares to DePauw. They set you up for success, and you will feel prepared for life after graduating.
Beautifully and enriching liberal arts school in quite and rural Indiana. Students are given a great deal of attention by professors and community activities and life on campus are strong.
I love the small classes, the ability to study music at the School of Music although I am a non-music major, and the individual attention I have received from professors, career center, and staff. I wish the social atmosphere was not so dependent on sorority and fraternity life (70% of students are involved). But, I have navigated this by jumping into Christian organizations and being involved as a Resident Assistant. I think the biggest advice I'd give to someone who feels like they are an "old soul" and not interested in your media definition of "college life" and who wants to attend DePauw is this: Know yourself and find things that strengthen who you are. The academics are top notch and you can find what you love.
I have really enjoyed my time at Depauw. The faculty and staff are attentive, the campus is beautiful and their endowment for financial aid is great. However, I wish that their were more resources and funding for multicultural and LGBT services. Another issue is much of the campus is not ADA compliant and at times inaccessible to people with mobility issues.
The professors are very accessible and always willing to help you with your studies. They're very passionate about what they teach.
The school helps students find the best internships for them, and the alumni network is very strong.
  • College Junior
  • 6 months ago
  • Value
I personally feel safe, but I know other students (of different races, ethnicity, etc.) don't at times.
Most of the dorms on campus are in good condition, but there are some that have had specific problems in the past, such as mold and water leakage.
As a member of greek life, I'm fairly content with how things are. However, there can be barriers between greek life and the rest of the community.
There are certain sporting events that are attended very heavily, but sports here are not seen as incredibly important.
I always feel driven and that I am getting the best attention and care from my professors. I love this school.
Good courses, mainly great professors except for a small few. Good academic support, food could be a lor better.
The Hubbard Center is a great student resource and helpful in finding us students many funded opportunities.
  • College Senior
  • Value
New gym recently opened, state of the art machinery and pool.
In some parts than others I based my opinion here of the supportive computer science department.
The academics are rigorous and diverse. However, the location of the campus is not nearly as interesting.
The school's Hubbard Center works hard to ensure that opportunities are continually available for you. Great team of advisers.
  • College Sophomore
  • Value
Never have I felt in danger on campus.
Gets better as you become an upperclassman.
  • College Sophomore
  • Housing
Apart of the fabric of this school.