DePaul University Reviews

3,473 reviews
I did not take online classes at DePaul. I would imagine that they are good but I have absolutely positively zero input on the matter at hand because I never had to experience online learning at DePaul.
I really like DePaul. The two campus approach lends itself to getting to experience the city of Chicago and getting to live on a college campus. Chicago is DePaul which is really nice because you get to experience the amazing city and call it home for 4 years while at DePaul. I also really like the quarter system. The food at DePaul could be better but that’s about it.
I'm a freshman and even though I've never been to campus or met my professors/classmates because all of my classes are online, I truly feel that I'm receiving a high-quality education because my professors always go the extra mile when teaching and checking in on all of their students.
Start Your Review of DePaul University
DePaul was my dream school and I was so thrilled when I got accepted. I'm a student at The Theatre School, and even online I'm having an amazing experience. The professors are the nicest people I have ever met and always take the time to reach out and check on my progress.
Overall great academic experience, but financial aid office is never helpful. Financial aid tends to blow off the students and does everything possible to not assist.
Online classes are pretty straight forward and very flexible. Also, the teachers are always helpful and provide tons of feedback.
My professors were clear with their expectations, worked hard to make our Zoom classes useful and engaging, and every resource I could imagine was available.
As an incoming freshman during the COVID-19 pandemic, my experience has been far from what it's supposed to be. However, DePaul has worked incredibly hard to make this virtual time better. The dedicated professors, never-ending stream of activities and resources, and consistent support has been incredible. The only thing that hasn't been great is not getting to live on-campus of have in-person classes, which is due to the pandemic, not DePaul.
DePaul has been a great experience for me since I transferred here. Even though everything has been online because of Covid-19, the teachers and classes have been phenomenal.
My online experience with DePaul University has been really good so far. My teachers have made everything easy to access and have been super accessible themselves.
Professors were very understanding of what was going on in the world yet still maintained a reasonable expectation for us all.
DePaul is a great place for computer science (and related fields) majors. The teachers are wonderful and fun, they help you with networking and understanding the field you're going into. Downtown Chicago is lively and fun to explore (with friends for safety). Overall a good place to study and cool teachers to guide you along the way.
When you've been on the deans list your whole time at the school but when its a pandemic during your senior year and you're $2000 short; this is not the school to come to. They (DePaul Central) would not make an exception for me to register for classes even though I held prestigious standings sat the university. #HereWeDoNot
Depaul Is a great place to go to college. If you are rich and your parents are paying for your college.
I am sure that anyone in college would say right now go and apply at your local community college. Don't go to college because of their name.
The teachers were awesome when it comes to communication with their students. They made sure they were able to stay in touch with us and to see if we needed any assistance with our work.
Start Your Review of DePaul University
DePaul University is a safe space for their students. I believe that the only issue was the amount of money having to be paid for going to school there.
If you're looking for a school with a friendly environment of student colleagues and staff that go out of their way to help connect students to useful resources then this is the school for you. My overall experience so far at DePaul has been marvelous, the resources that the school offered allowed me to pursue options about my career interests and helped me thrive in my classes. The students I encountered in my classes have been friendly and I've had a pleasant time networking with fellow classmates. The location of the campus also allowed me to discover the city that the college rests in. This gave me the ambition to start exploring and connecting with the community and helping me get immersed into the culture. With classes that helped challenge me and professors that pushed me to go above and beyond I can safely say that my experience at this school so far has been met with excitement and gratitude for the connections I've made and the advancements I've made in my field.
My online experience at DePaul thus far has been swell, at first I had my doubts about how the curriculum would change but I was surprised by how the classes were able to challenge me as a student and still pushed me to connect with those around me. That being said I will say with online classes I was unable to access some of the school's resources like the library and writing center that would be useful for grammar checking and proofreading. But I will say that the online class environment wasn't terrible, it just lacked those elements that would normally be available in person. The classes were still able to challenge me and helped me gain a valuable understanding of the material. I didn't expect online classes to feel the same as being in person but they still were able to maintain a steady work flow with a primary focus on seeking to go beyond the surface level of understanding.