DePaul University Reviews

3,196 reviews
Everyone at DePaul is very kind and welcoming. There are many opportunities for internships and study abroad programs. If you need employment assistance the career center offers services such as mock interviewing and resume prep. There is also free tutoring and a variety of other resources to aid in your college success. There are also a variety of campus events for students to get involved. The school also has two campuses one in the heart of Chicago and in Lincoln Park.
Depaul is a friendly community. All of the people there are so happy and outgoing. It seems like a very nice environment to surround myself in.
While not all professors are great in the classroom, they make themselves very available during office hours. The wide range of classes offered means anyone can find their path.
Start Your Review of DePaul University
I received my Bachelors Degree from DePaul and I loved every single class. The class sizes are just right so you can learn as an entire class but also get your one on one with your professor. Every professor was extremely qualified for their position and every single one of them brought in real world experience. The campus always had something going on so if you had free time, you were always welcome to join. I had a memorable and amazing experience that I will never forget about! Go Blue Demons!
I am currently a six year senior at DePaul University. Prior to attending DePaul, I went to a community college, so when I transferred to DePaul, I was told all my credits had transferred but later was told there was a mistatake and I had take more courses than I had expected. That has been the worse thing that happened to me at DePaul, but it ended up also being the best. Although I was misinformed by an employee that is no longer at the university, that extra year and a half I have been at DePaul have given be the opportunity to think about what I want to do when I actually graduate. The professors at DePaul and among the best, they are really understanding and easygoing. I attended the Lincoln Park campus and dorm on campus for two years, and I loved it. I would recommend DePaul University to a person who is not afraid of a fast pace environment, since we have a quarter system which means are courses are only 10 weeks long.
Pretty good school. Lots of homework for certain classes and nearly none on others, but it's manageable.
I like the unlimited supply of clubs at DePaul. There is something for everyone, and in fact so much, that it is difficult to me to narrow down clubs. The teachers are very kind and helpful - I've only had one bad experience with one teacher in the 2 years and assortment of teachers that I have had. The location in the city is the best of all the Chicago schools and that is something that holds DePaul above the others.
I love the area and the people in town. Everyone is very nice and talkative at the school! There are countless resources for the students to use to help them learn and understand the materials they learn in every college and department. There are also resources for inclusiveness and to help the students stay involved within the school and its atmosphere. DePaul offers unlimited opportunities for internships, and they have a Career Center to help the students write their resumés, fill out job applications, prepare for job interviews, and find jobs for during and after attending the university.
I did visit but I heard good information about how nice the campus looked, how the professors helped the students, and that it will not be a decision that I would regret.
I transferred from a semester school, so it was very difficult to get used to the fast pace of the quarter system. The professors I had my first quarter did not seem too considerate of the fact that everything goes so fast, but I have improved and not all professors are like that.
DePaul is an urban Chicago university that offers many opportunities to its diverse student body. I have had many great professors that have helped me succeed in both lectures and in the laboratory. My only complaint is that I am a science major and the university has very limited majors for students interested in medicine.
DePaul is an excellent urban, multicultural institution with an emphasis on social justice and community engagement.
Very diverse and accepting environment. Lots of opportunities to explore your interests with the many organizations. Everyone is very helpful and with Chicago as your campus there are endless opportunities.
I am starting Depaul University this fall and I am so excited! I have visited Depaul a few times and I must say that everyone (staff, students, professors) are all very kind and welcoming! The campus is very beautiful and is located near the heart of Chicago! Depaul offers many incredible internship and study abroad opportunities. There is something at Depaul for everyone! The academics here are challenging but the only issue I have with this school is the price. If the price was lowered then it would be more affordable and allow more people to attend this lovely school without finding themselves in debt. Other than that, I have no complaints.
I really do love DePaul the class sizes are the perfect amount of people usually 30 or less. The professors I've had so far are all great even the bad ones you might find something you like in them. Everything is fairly new, the gym is excellent. Some things that might discourage people is the housing. It is very expensive and your not getting a lot for the money your spending. Your better off saving money and living off campus. The selection of food for dorm students is pretty limited. And for being in Chicago, one of the greatest cities for food, is really lacking in healthy well balanced delicious foods.
Perks of DePaul is free entrance to the Art institute and Chicago History museum. An unlimited L pass that will come in big handy. Your close to Lincoln park zoo which is free and a short ride will get you to wrigleyville. If you have friends at columbia, UIC, and Loyola you'll probably see them a lot more than you think.
I like that there are 3 10 week trimesters which allow you to take more classes in your area of study. With the trimester availability, you also have access to on-line classes which help with the commute.
I have enjoyed my school, but being a student in any marginalized community on this campus is hard and at some points very hopeless. DePaul is slowly trying to make changes, but they still have a long way to go. Overall it's a great school, academically and experientially as well. Going to school in a big city is so worth while.
Start Your Review of DePaul University
Extremely accepting, with a lot of great majors. People here are very nice, teachers and staff are great and really want to work with students. The campus is lively and there are great restaurants and things to do there. Wonderful school and glad I transferred there. Very safe neighborhood, with campus safety looking out for everyone. Very diverse, and a lot of bars within walking distance.
Excellent school in a great location. Great classes and professors who really care about their students. The campus is a good size. The furthest walk is 10 minutes, but in actuality the furthest walk is the gym, which is seven minutes from my dorm. You can walk everywhere and can get anywhere in Chicago by walking, car, or taking the L. The gym is really nice and has a bunch of classes to choose from. The library is very nice and stays open late too.
Absolutely loved the city feel, but was not looking into going into such a populated school! Other then that, DePaul was in my top 3 list when determining on where I should go to college because they have such amazing academic programs.