- 4 Year
- CHICAGO, IL
DePaul University Campus Life
grade B minus
Based on housing cost, capacity, student reviews and additional factors.
On-Campus Housing Available
Freshmen Required to Live on Campus
Freshmen Live On-Campus
Undergrads in College Housing
Average Housing Cost
$10,647 / year
57%of students say overall dorm quality is great. 152 responses
65%of students say the dorms' social atmosphere is great. 286 responses
grade B minus
Based on meal plan cost and student reviews on the food.
Meal Plan Available
Average Meal Plan Cost
$4,446 / year
What are the best food options on campus?
Based on 293 responses
- Deli (Custom Sandwiches) and Scramble (breakfast)18%
- Pasta, breakfast, chicken tenders and fries15%
- Cheeseburgers, fries and sandwhiches13%
- Pasta, salads, soups, sandwiches13%
- Coffee Shop Sandwiches (Brownstones)9%
- Fresh sushi provided every day8%
- Pasta and sandwiches.7%
59%of students highly rate the dining facilities. 183 responses
Map is loading
Based on quality of housing, food services, student reviews, and additional factors.
Based on campus diversity, social scene, student reviews, and additional factors.
What is your overall opinion of your school and the campus community?
Based on 155 responses
- I love everything about my school and have a lot of campus pride.34%
- I like mostly everything about my school, but there are some things I wish were different.55%
- The school community is okay-we're all just here for an education, nothing more.8%
- I hate my school and have no school spirit.4%
Based on crimes on campus, local area crime rates, and student reviews.
75%of students say they feel extremely safe and secure on campus. 208 responses
How does peer pressure affect students' use of drugs and alcohol?
Based on 150 responses
- You can have a great social life without drugs or alcohol.39%
- Most people partake in some form, but no one treats you differently if you don't.47%
- You'll definitely feel a little awkward if you don't drink.10%
- If you don't partake, you're left out.4%
How visible are the campus police on campus?
Based on 182 responses
- Extremely present and willing to assist students.28%
- There if you need them but not overbearing.55%
- Just there to bust up parties or give out parking tickets.4%
- Not very visible.8%
- We have campus police?4%
How popular are varsity sports on campus?
Based on 304 responses
- Almost everything on campus revolves around them.3%
- Varsity sports are a big part of campus life.33%
- Varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.51%
- No one pays attention to varsity sports.13%
Men's Varsity Sports
All Track Combined, Basketball, Golf, Soccer, Tennis
Women's Varsity Sports
All Track Combined, Basketball, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, Volleyball
Clubs & Activities
Campus Ministries, Dance, Drama/Theater, International Student Organizations, Literary Magazine, Model UN, Radio Station, Student Government, Newspaper, Film Society
Choral Groups, Concert Band, Jazz Band, Music Ensembles, Musical Theater, Opera, Pep Band, Symphony Orchestra
What are your favorite campus events or traditions?
Based on 86 responses
- Vincentian Service Day19%
- DePaul-Marquette Game10%
- New Student Service Day10%
- Turtle Tug (Delta Zeta)7%
- Alpha Phi Eat Your Heart Out1%
Based on access to bars and student reviews on the party scene.
What is the party scene like on campus?
Based on 217 responses
- Tons of raging parties almost any night of the week.6%
- Lots of options Wednesday-Saturday.36%
- Some decent frat/house parties, weekends only.20%
- Good parties are few and far between.20%
- Parties? What parties?18%
What is the biggest party event of the year?
Based on 108 responses
- DePaul FEST50%
- St. Patricks Day/weekend19%
- No idea6%
- It's always a party5%
- We don't party3%
Men in Fraternities
Women in Sororities
46%of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join. 251 responses