1. Granville, OH
  2. 4 Year

Denison University Reviews

Sucks. Totally sucks. The dingobats that invaded in the winter of '99 were hostile, and people could sense it was going to get ugly. Mickey was repressed, jaded, and paranoid. Senssenbrenner had some good formulas, but his ilk were haughty and confrontational. Seriously, go somewhere else.
Denison University has a small, beautiful campus in the quant town of Granville, Ohio. The community is very close-knit with only about 2,000 students. However, there are always new people to meet and new organizations to become involved with. One problem that the campus faces is that it is know to be segregating into cliques. Most students are very academically driven and focused. Classes are small and often quite challenging but professors are always willing to help. Professors and students work very closely and often conduct research together over the summers and through out the school year. Overall, Denison fosters an amazing community environment and provides a great education in almost any field. However, there are not many major options, so look into their options before applying. The dorms are very average and so is the food. There are not many options for food on campus but the restaurants in the town are quite delicious.
I really like Denison because the staff are amazing. The campus is beautiful and always clean. The education is very challenging, but I think that is great because we are learning more.
I love the professors. The campus is super gorgeous, especially in the fall. Most of the people are super nice. It is very hard to be bored. Almost everybody stays on campus over the weekends.
Denison is a phenomenal place. Classes are challenging but the professors are accessible and want you to succeed. The Fine Arts building is amazing, as is the Mitchell Center athletic center, and a new/expanded music and theater facility is in the works. There is no single type of Denison student, there are artists, musicians, social justice folks, sustainability folks, jocks, liberals, conservatives. Greek life is there, but not a big part of campus life. I appreciate that freshman are together in freshman-only dorms since that helps developing good friendships. Granville has enough for when you want to get off the Hill, and Columbus is close enough that you can get to major concerts etc. Denison is the kind of school that sneaks up on you -- after visiting about 15 small liberal arts colleges, I realized how special a place Denison is.
Denison University is a wholesome and endlessly giving environment, full of different niches and unique people from all around the world. The moment I visited campus, I knew I would find myself loving and enjoying everything that Denison had to offer. The classes are interesting and full, and the professors are patient and helpful. They are always willing to lend a hand and an ear, and at times, a shoulder to cry on. The community aspect at Denison is indescribable, and well worth the four year on-campus residency it enforces. I have met and exceeded my greatest challenges while there, at the same time as receiving and learning every single day.
Denison isn't perfect. It's a wealthy school that can be very stuck up. But if you're there for an education, there's no place better. The academics are amazing no matter what you're studying.
Walking alone at night can be a bit scary, but there are measures to take.
The alumni network is great, not too big and impersonal, but small enough to feel close-nit. Career explorations is trying a few new things to help the students better prepare for work.
  • College Junior
  • 6 months ago
  • Value
I hear lottery is extremely stressful, and last year's new system hasn't been very stable.
I don't participate in greek life.....................
I don't really go to the gym too often, but the facilities are pretty good. Sports is not too big, but lots participate.
It's a great school and the professors are amazing, but the food could use some improvement.
Not many people are told about the harm of mixing
I get to be a part of a small program that loves me
  • College Sophomore
  • 9 months ago
  • Value
At Denison relationships run deep. We care and love
It's a safe place, but we are ignorant to some things
It's great if you make it. Housing lottery sucks
  • College Sophomore
  • 9 months ago
  • Housing
I would have never rushed if I went somewhere else
We may not be D1 players but we have D1 hearts.