Denison University Reviews

Denison University has given me the opportunity to be part of the Swim and Dive team while challenging academically.
I loved the campus and everything it had to offer from academic side and the sport side. Being a student-athlete I have fallen in love with this school as it has shown me that is really is the best of both worlds for other students like me. I couldn't be more elated to share my experience with other people as well as receiving so much positive feedback on my top choice. Denison will be able to offer me a top notch education along with giving me an experience of a lifetime that I will cherish. I hope to be able to attend this school for the opportunity to live out my athletic dream plus prepare for the future as a bright young mind entering the work force.
My professors are cool for the mosf part, as are the people I've met here. The only problem is that it's not as recognizable a name and Financial Aid won't give me that $7k that would have me on a full ride.
Start Your Review of Denison University
A very beautiful college on the hill. Food is great. We have a sushi bar this year. Classes are fun and most professors are reachable. Overall, culture is moderately progressive. Too much biodiversity if you hate insects.
I have loved everything about my experience so far. I have made friends from different countries, socioeconomic backgrounds, genders, sexual orientations and friends who have opposing and differing political opinions than me. I am challenged by my workload, but the professors do care and will assist with whatever help is needed.
Overall, I've had a positive experience thus far. The professors are friendly and helpful, classes are interesting, food is good. Also, there is inclusion for everyone in every way.
At Denison, the small community allows students to easily create lasting connections. There are very good professors and the small class sizes offer tremendous involvement and room for growth. That said, the dorms are not well maintained and there are no options for off-campus housing. The food served at the dining halls and other eating options is also below par and that is putting it lightly.
Denison is truly a phenomenal place to be and to study. Denison has some of the best professors in the country. Most of the classes have considerably high standards and there is no grade inflation. There isn't a "typical" Denison student. We are all free thinkers and very much ourselves. Compared to other similar top liberal arts colleges, we have the best and most modern facilities. Granville is an idyllic college town and has great restaurants and shops. The campus is one of the most beautiful in the nation.

Denison is incredibly difficult to get into; our projected admit rate for this cycle (2018, class of 2022) is just under 30%.

The people at Denison are some of the most intelligent, welcoming, and supportive individuals that I have ever met. They have made Denison my home.
Denison is the best! I love the small and campus and its location is idyllic. If I could change one thing, I would make Whit's serve more than two flavors at one times and of course lower the price of tuition.
I love how the professors are very passionate about what they are teaching us. They are very understanding and work with our schedule during finals. The culture of the campus is very friendly and inviting. The school provides us with so many different cultural events that help us learn about other cultures. Through food festivals, dance, and other traditional rituals. There are mentoring opportunities so that we can give back and grow as individuals at the same time.
The only thing great about it is the class sizes. The school does very little for the students of color, the food is terrible and sometimes isn't labeled which is important for those with dietary restrictions, and the school is not diverse at all. Very disappointed when I started my freshmen year. Some students have no respect for others and greek life is a huge thing.
Great school! I feel that I am going to be able to be extremely sucessful once I graduate. The networking and connections that I have been able to make since i've been on campus is unreal. If you want to be sucessful then I would reccomend going to Denison.
Beautiful college and many different things to do while in college.They have excellent recreation center.The college provides generous scholarship to international student and has diversity.
Denison University is a great campus for the academic and student life. The courses are challenging but the professors always have their doors open to help. There is also a great mix of students. The diversity on this campus can be seen from any corner. Everyone feels safe here because campus safety is just a button away. Denison is a safe, fun, and challenging university that helps students unlock their full potential.
The campus is probably the most beautiful I have ever seen. Mix that with top notch professors that not only teach but care about their students. Small class sizes are the norm and because of that allow you to know your fellow student and your professors more intimately. I can't forget about the sports! Being an athlete myself, I can tell you that don't let this 'smaller' school fool you...almost every sport is represented here with superior athletes playing them. Glad I made the decision to attend this great school.
I love this community. We are caring and our relationships run deep. I often times find it hard to see a strong connection between our administration and our student body. Our concerns are not always taken seriously enough which is bothersome. Although they mean well, some students are cared for more than others and some professors are not given the acknowledgement they deserve. We have our problems but for a small liberal arts college in the middle of Ohio we hold our own in ways that I constantly impressed by.
So welcoming, creative and diverse! A wonderful community with wonderful relationship building. Faculty members engage with students and want students to flourish, and don't do their job "for the money", but rather for the success of their students.
Start Your Review of Denison University
Denison University is a school with two kinds of kids: motivated, engaged students... and apathetic Greeks. The education is fantastic if you choose to be the former, but the environment created by the student body can be oppressive. If you're looking for engaged students, I'd stay as far away from Shorney Hall as possible.
I really enjoy Denison University for the relationships it fosters academically and socially and the knowledge Denison provides for the future. They teach us to become moral agents and to never forget about the unending difference in the world. We need to be able to make decisions that foster growth and a stronger sense of community. I am extremely happy with the school as Denison cares greatly about every individual student.
Denison University has a small, beautiful campus in the quant town of Granville, Ohio. The community is very close-knit with only about 2,000 students. However, there are always new people to meet and new organizations to become involved with. One problem that the campus faces is that it is know to be segregating into cliques. Most students are very academically driven and focused. Classes are small and often quite challenging but professors are always willing to help. Professors and students work very closely and often conduct research together over the summers and through out the school year. Overall, Denison fosters an amazing community environment and provides a great education in almost any field. However, there are not many major options, so look into their options before applying. The dorms are very average and so is the food. There are not many options for food on campus but the restaurants in the town are quite delicious.