Delta State University Reviews

I began researching schools, looking at their tuition costs and distances from home. After researching I found Delta State University, and scheduled a time to come visit the campus. After seeing the campus atmosphere and meeting some of the professors in my department, I fell in love with DSU. I now am a student at Delta State University working to get my private license in aviation.
I enjoyed my time at Delta State. It is a small, quiet campus. Everyone here is very friendly. Greek life is very diverse and all come together to help make that experience on campus incredibly enjoyable. Majority of the teachers are always willing to help out the student, the best way they can. The community, in which the university is located, has a lot of fine eateries and attraction, and is overall a safe, and welcoming environment. Coming to Delta State was one of the best decisions I ever made, but don’t just take my word for it, come see for yourself.
Delta State University is a public institution providing a comprehensive undergraduate and graduate curriculum to approximately 3,500 students representing all of the states and 50 different countries. Dozens of degree programs on the undergraduate level provide educational opportunities in the Colleges of Arts and Sciences, Business, and Education and in the Robert E. Smith School of Nursing. Graduate programs on the master’s, educational specialist, and doctoral levels provide advanced training in a broad range of disciplines.
Start Your Review of Delta State University
I really love Delta State University as Cleveland is a really nice and beautiful town with great people. There is a lot of diversity in this school and everyone is really nice and the professors are great. They teach well and try to know you personally too which is really nice. One of my concerns is the student life. Most times, it gets boring and there are not really much activities during the spring semester. The fall semester is busy because of its football season but there are not a lot of things to do in Cleveland so it will be nice if we had things to do on campus. Also, the cafeteria food is not good. Sometimes it tastes good and they have a variety but other times its really not good. Dinner is always never enough and food starts to finish long before the closing time. This makes the students have to rely on the food court in the union until they run out of flex.
I love Delta State because of its diversity. The campus is full of students from all over the world. I'm an American student, but I've made many friends from Africa, Europe and Asia. It feels good getting to know someone that's different from you. You can learn from them all while they can learn from you. The school has done a lot for the international students to make them feel very welcomed and they seem to fit right in.
I love how personal you can get with everyone there, how nice everyone is, and how home-y the campus feels.
Delta State University has been quite the memorable experience for me. I got to meet people from a variety of backgrounds and cultures and communicating with them has helped me grow in my communication skills. The work has been challenging, but the opportunities and results have been rewarding. I was able to graduate the year I planned with very little delays. Things don't go as you planned, but there are many people and opportunities to help you get where you need to go and your goals will stay set if you take the time to communicate with people.
Great! The classes are challenging, but very educational. There have been and continue to be a lot of work being done to the campus. There is something for everyone here; sports, fraternities, sororities, academic clubs, band, cheer, dancing... something for EVERYONE! The campus is well maintained and is always making improvements. I feel like I will definitely leave here knowing what I need to know (and more) when I go to my graduate program.
Being at a PWI, is always a downfall for African Americans. Not only is a downfall, I have witness being treated differently by my professor that gave me the impression that it was due to my skin color. Not only does my skin color affect my opportunities, whether I'm an athlete or non-athlete affects me also. Most athletes get to attend school for free, they graduate with honors, they receive special treatment from professors, and they receive better grades than non-athletes. Athletes always pass no matter what classes they are enrolled in. Many people try to blame it on study hall, but that is not the case. They will admit that they cheat and their coaches vouch for them. Their tutors also complete their work making their life a lot better. Before you come to Delta State, be sure to weigh your options.
Delta State University made the enrollment and registration process simple and efficient. Overall I am very pleased with Delta State University.
Delta is a university with a family feel. Professors care whether you are happy and successful. Great place to get a quality education.
The most snobbish place I ever stepped foot in!!!! DO NOT EVEN LAY MY BODY OUT THERE FOR VIEWING!!! NOT WORTH MY REMAINS!!!!
Delta State University is a place where anybody can become somebody. I've had family members who have attended and during their stay, I did a lot of reacting with them on and off the campus. From the games to a few parties, Delta State University was a great experience. I got the honor to attend Delta State University my senior year of high school for students who excel in certain subjects. During that time, I really enjoyed the different teaching techniques. I found that high school teaching level is almost elementary level to college teaching. That gave me a heads up then on what I need to expect going into a university for the first time.
I love the small campus and that there is a close bond with everyone on campus. The academics are challenging but with the smaller classes, it is so much easier to receive help. Greek life, sports, and other organizations are very popular.
My experience at Delta State was excellent. It's a very hands on type of school. You will succeed in learning here. The group studies are awesome. The professor here take the time to actually work with you.
Delta State is a great university to get your 4-year degree. There is always fun on the campus. I'm an incoming student, but I've been waiting to go to This College ever since I was a freshmen in high school. I can't wait to attend my first day in class.
When the shooting happened on campus everyone was notified in a timely manner and campus police made everyone feel safe.
Start Your Review of Delta State University
Most of the dorms are conjoined bathrooms which isn't my favorite thing. But the rooms are a decent size.
The teams are pretty great all around, especially or swim teams.
Very straight forward and lets you be able to express how you feel about your current or future alma mater!