Delgado Community College Reviews

Benefiting from the 1 on 1 focus with your professors really allow you to get the best results. The advisors do everything they can to help you succeed.
The level of care and understanding you receive from the instructors are awesome. Delgado provides a wide range of courses that fits our ever changing economy. Make sure your financial aid is complete and turned in on time...processing tends to be a little slower than usual.
I was mostly an online student, but my one on-campus class, Intro to Theatre, was an absolute joy to be a part of. The teacher was easy going and made class time enjoyable. I found ways to become involved with their theatre program through that class. I discovered a passion for backstage work, and the theatre professors were very encouraging of my interests. I am now a theatre arts major aiming to become a successful stage manager in the future. The campus itself had a bright atmosphere. There is a pond with benches and tables around it that I often used as a relaxing spot to have lunch after class. The geese are friendly, and it is very calming to watch the large koi and turtles swim around. There were many musical and free food events held on the campus that were open to all students for their enjoyment. The staff members were always friendly and patient when helping students. I thoroughly enjoyed my time there.
Start Your Review of Delgado Community College
They never have anything important information done when it comes to Financial Aid.
However, they do keep up with there campus ( the city park location).
First of all the campus is beautiful. It's situated in an area call City Park, which is a very nice part of New Orleans. The main campus is easy to get around. If you need to reach admissions or financial aide the service is prompt. As far as the teachers/professors, they are very helpful, knowledgeable, and nice. There are other locations/campuses in New Orleans that makes it convenient for those who cannot make it to the main campus. Overall this school is a great place to get an education any many fields. Definitely a great stepping stone for those who want to transfer a major University.
I liked how all of my professors were willing to work with me in order for me to get a good grade in their class.
I love most of my teachers I've had here. The tutor centers are helpful and I enjoy the online learning I've had through the school that coincides with face to face classes, like Wiley Plus, for example. The school campus at City Park needs a serious face lift though.
I have a degree from a four year institute, but I will say that your college experience is what you put into it. I have found some classes at Delgado to be very challenging - as challenging as classes that I took at the four-year, private institution I previously attended. However, there are some caveats. For example, there is a lot of bureaucracy and some departments seem poorly run or understaffed. Overall, you can get a good education here. You just have to be willing to put in the work.
Delgado Community College ( City Park campus) is an awesome institution for obtaining vocational degrees, as well as for taking classes to transition to a university. Whether prospective students are interested in enrolling in a vocational program or just obtaining prerequites, students will ultimately acquire a strong foundation that will be useful in their academic career. I was able to develope effective studying methods and time management skills. This is a special thanks to the professors who are friendly and motivating. I would definitely encourage students to enroll at Delgado.Delgado Community College is great start and great finish.
My experience with Delgado College thus far has been that I am just a number. From beginning to first day of class, there is very little help available for new students. You are expected to know or seek advice from other students.
Very hit or miss. I have had some really great classes with wonderful professors, and others have been a joke with professors who only sometimes decide to attend class. There are many great tutoring resources on campus that are incredibly helpful. The campus itself is in a beautiful location, just across the street from City Park. There are also quite a few events that take place on campus that can be fun. It is a bummer that the school environment is not taken seriously by some professors and many students. Overall I had a good experience.
I currently attend Delgado Community College and it has helped by providing the basic educational needs especially since I applied later than the original date. I believe that the website, LOLA, could be better at providing more services.
All of the information is correct. I will never be able to make it with out Delgado. I'm going to school today and forever because of the information I will accept. It's vibrant yet vintage enough for me.
For the nursing program lectures are inconsistent with the (very expensive) textbooks that are given. The tests are inconsistent with the lectures and the textbooks in Level 3. There's about a 50% chance of moving on from one level to the next depending on how you study, but don't expect your study habits that worked in one level to work in the next level because testing is also inconsistent across levels. It's difficult to study and it takes many many hours before you even begin to understand the material.

Some professors are very nice and will help outside of class as much as they can, going so far as to stay past their office hours to give students a leg up. It does very little good in the long run, though, and students just have to muddle through every semester until they figure out how to study for the tests in that level.
It was a very nice experience, the office workers try their best to help and to provide support. Their online study is very excellent and smooth. the have very good and professional teachers that make you love the course. one thing they need to do more is to do advising online so it can be convenient to all kinds of students and another things is to do testing services in all their sites so it can be available to all students from different places.
Delgado is a good vocational school. As far as applying for financial aide, the task is daunting. The student is on their own to figure out the steps to take to receive financial aide.
Delgado is a very good and diverse community college. It offers a lot of different options and the classes are very affordable. A lot of the teachers are also very hands on and the classes provide just as much information one would recieve from a university!
Start Your Review of Delgado Community College
Delgado is a very good school... Its super easy to get admitted, great teachers who really care about the students. They academic courses needed in this country and the credits from them are extremely transferable to other colleges. Their well recognized worldwide and great reputation especially for the Nursing program because they have a lot of hands on experience in their clinical groups. The government is wonderful in regards federal loans to students and different programs to seek . If your looking for a school that has all the best tools available , come to Delgado !
I had a great experience at Delgado, Flexible schedule which permitted me to work. I didn't have a lot of time for the college life experience due to being a parent, but I enjoyed everything that I did have an opportunity to partake to. Overall it was a good decision and I recommend Delgado.
Delgado is a quiet community college with lots of different people. It's different if your not from New Orleans, but is the same as high school if you are. The only problem is that some of the teachers you may not understand. Environment wise and social wise you'll love it.