Delaware Valley University Reviews

I wish the food was better. The university is fantastic but there are minor little things that remind me of a newer institution that hasnt figured out all of the bumps yet. Overall though i would never choose another school over Delval
Overall it is an amazing school. Great professors willing to help you, unique hands on experience, and a gorgeous campus.
DelVal is a great school for anyone interested in agriculture, animals, or the environment. The professors are all extremely experienced and knowledgeable. The campus is beautiful, with our own farm with horses, pigs, sheep, and beef and dairy cattle. There are also two smal animal labs for pre-veterinary practice and learning. DelVal provides the most hands-on experience out of all the other colleges and universities. I visited before choosing my school. I love it there even though the dorms are below average and the food isn't too great. Everything outweighs the few negatives.
Start Your Review of Delaware Valley University
Lovely, small campus. Dorms for the most part are good, but some do show their age. Overall it is very easy to feel at home there, and everyone is kind.
It's nice going to a school where most students are getting similar degrees (Ag or Animals). Courses are geared in those directions and it's easy to find other students with similar interests.
I love the small campus community making it easy to reach out to others. I dislike the amount of facility to teach classes.
I like how small the campus is. It allows me to get familiar with different areas of the school very quickly. I would like to have a more diverse student body.
I will only be a freshman this fall but I already know that the next four years of my life attending this school will be the best years of my life! The staff is extremely friendly, and very helpful. The campus is gorgeous, and the buildings are clean. This is definitely my dream campus! The professors are there for the benefit of the students, and are definitely dedicated to their job. I have had nothing but positive interactions with the entire campus, and I cant wait to call myself an Aggie!
So far, in my two semesters here at Delaware Valley University, I've been welcomed into a dedicated community of welcoming souls. I've grown in mind, heart, and soul. I've found not only a university, but a home away from home. I'm better off now than I've ever been before.
Delval gives a lot of hands on experience that will be handy in your future career. You have many opportunities to create a larger network and they work with you to obtain internships, or career experience that will make a positive difference when applying for a job after graduation
The small class sizes are great and allow you to create a true connection between the other students as well as the professors. They offer a lot of hands on experience and there are always more opportunities for you to get more involved especially with work relating to your major. Only downsides is parking can sometimes be tricky and the food isn't always the best. But there's plenty of places in Doylestown or that are near by on 611 that provide plenty of other options.
I like how Delval is a smaller school and allows one on one with professors. However, being a business major at an Agriculture school has been hard as it is more difficult to find people with similar majors.
I love the friendly faculty on campus. They do an excellent job making you feel like you are at home. The class sizes are nice if you prefer a High School style learning environment. The athletic events are a huge hit if you are a sports fan. So much to do around campus! The only down fall about this school is the food. It has its good and bad days. Overall, a great school!
My experience at DVU has been exceptional especially with the amount of hands on activities I can participate in.
I don't think it's a problem at this school.
I love and dislike my school equally. My professors are the absolute best. They are very knowledgeable in their field and are very excited to teach. They are just this endless well of resources and have so much experience to share. They get me excited to learn and make me look forward to their classes, no matter how tough the material is. They are not my problem at all. My problem is with the school itself. When I came on the tour, my selling point was that it was a small school with a small student to teacher ratio. That was a lie. They said it would be like 18 to 1 and it's definitely not. I can see my teachers get upset on the first day with how many students they have crammed in a room. It's more like 40+ to 1. My one class now has 68 students crammed into a class meant to hold 30. That also limits the one on one personal interaction. It's quite upsetting and stressful. The parking situation is a joke. If you don't get to school by 7:30am, you will not find ANY parking. You might be lucky to get one like 15 minutes away. They also take in more students than they have living quarters for. Last semester, they had to place students in a hotel. Instead of working on the problem, they keep allowing more and more students in every year. If I was not halfway into my degree and if this were not one of the only animal science schools around, I would transfer out. I am very unhappy with how this school handles things and how they treat their employees, our professors. It's just always about money.
Such a large portion of professors here are so wonderful it's shocking! It's because of them, I love DelVal so much and love my classes.
Start Your Review of Delaware Valley University
The value of our degree is strong. Many of us are going into a competitive field so it can be difficult to find a job, but our on campus career center is very helpful and will always do what they can to help.
I have always felt safe while walking around on campus no matter what time of day it is. Except for one time in my nine months of attending DelVal I felt a little unsafe but in the end nothing bad happened to me. In general nothing bad happens on campus, but like any college, something always does happen.
All the dorms/bedrooms are nice. Depending on what hall you reside in the, the bathrooms can be a bit of a disappointment, but not completely unmanageable.