Delaware Valley University is a private university located in New Britain, Pennsylvania in the Philadelphia Area. It is a small institution with an enrollment of 1,767 undergraduate students. Admissions is somewhat competitive as the Delaware Valley University acceptance rate is 68%. Popular majors include Animal Sciences and Husbandry, Business, and Wildlife and Fisheries Management. Graduating 57% of students, Delaware Valley University alumni go on to earn a starting salary of $32,900.
Delaware Valley University Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- Simple, straightforward student loans with an easy application
- Flexible repayment options, and strong borrower protections
Niche may be compensated by the third party lenders and others who place ads on the website. Niche is not a lender and does not endorse the products of these advertisers. Fees that Niche receives for ads do not affect the terms you may be offered by the lender you choose. There are many additional borrowing options available.
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.33 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.33 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.33 responses
Most Popular Majors
Animal Sciences and Husbandry78 Graduates
Wildlife and Fisheries Management51 Graduates
Equine Studies24 Graduates
Zoology and Entomology18 Graduates
Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement Administration17 Graduates
Environmental Science15 Graduates
Counseling Psychology13 Graduates
Food Science12 Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.34 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.40 responses
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.22 responses
Colleges like Delaware Valley University
- BWilson College
- 4 Year
- Chambersburg, PA
- 223 reviews
- C+Centenary College - New Jersey
- 4 Year
- Hackettstown, NJ
- 270 reviews
- C+Albright College
- 4 Year
- Reading, PA
- 632 reviews
- B-SUNY College of Agriculture & Technology at Cobleskill
- 4 Year
- Cobleskill, NY
- 298 reviews
Delaware Valley University Reviews
I recently transferred from Rutgers to Delaware Valley and I can honestly say it was the best decision of my life. Everyone is genuinely kind and friendly, professors are willing to help and are eager to teach, and students enjoy the smaller class setting compared to larger schools. Everyone at DelVal is willing to help you move in the right direction for your career. I only wish I came here sooner!
Great teachers that really care about your future. Small intimate campus. Farm life makes things fun and interesting. BUT kind of boring, and PARKING SUCKS. Very good school for animal and plant sciences or sports/ business / criminal justice. Art and med student prospects should look elsewhere!
I went to the campus to explore by myself and everyone there was extremely friendly. The entire campus was beautiful. The South campus is where most of the agricultural things are, the scenery is absolutely beautiful. I can't wait to go back and explore with a guide!