Delaware Technical Community College - Stanton-Wilmington Reviews

I like the teachers, they are very dedicated people and willing to help. Math tutoring is such and amazing thing and I also loved their ESL program.
I was in the nursing program at DTCC as a first time college student. The faculty and staff were supportive and wanted to see me succeed. I made lasting friendships with the other students in my class. It was an excellent investment, as I paid very little for a career that will allow me to have a steady income while doing what I love.
I would like to say my over all experience in college is wonderful, however, due to some mistakes and miscommunications I found my first and second semester stressful. Constantly having to worry about financial aid and the changing rules of the school that favor students less, is worrying but over all I have enjoyed the learning experience and had some really great teachers, so far. I hope to have a better 3rd semester. I doubt you ever really enjoy college unless partying is your thing and you go to a party school, which Delaware Tech is not. Overall Delaware Tech if an affordable school with pretty good activities and events as long as you understand it is a community college, not a four year college that probably has more to offer but with a much higher price tag so would suggest coming here to lighten your financial burdens.
Start Your Review of Delaware Technical Community College - Stanton-Wilmington
Del tech is a very good place to get basic introduction classes. with that being said they still do an outstanding job. the facilities there are great from the labs to the math center. moreover, the teachers are great sure there are the ones that don't care but there are a lot of them that really do care and want to help people learn. If you can get the SEED scholarship do it pays for three years!
Its close to work. the professors have all been very good so far. Has a good selection of class times, especially if you work
Variety of course options and times for working students. Understanding faculty, but quality is hit or miss. There are some exceptional instructors mixed with others who barely deviate from reading off of power points. Some students don't make much of an effort and can drag others down especially during mandatory group projects. Overall, affordable and helping me work towards my goals.
I enjoyed my time at Del Tech. Everyone was really nice and friendly. I enjoyed meeting new people and learning more about new things and more about myself. I loved the teachers, they were nice and helpful all of the time, they helped whenever I needed it. The classes I took there were great too, they were challenging but not to challenging. I really enjoyed the chance of doing internships during a couple of my semesters here. I enjoyed the activities that they offered, like the spring break trips that were offered to New York and to Washington DC. It was a safe environment to be in, I felt comfortable.
DTCC is a great college for high school graduates and those who haven’t been in a classroom for many years. It’s accomadating to work schedules (although more classes should be offered on nights and weekends), and it is challenging enough to keep you on your toes.
Del tech provides me ample resources in my major. Teachers are super understanding but also do hold their ground like they should. It doesn't feel like a college rather than a second but more mature high school.
This is a pretty good school in my opinion because of the staff and students. They are all very friendly and try to help in any way possible. The instructors looked after me to make sure I get my work done and be successful in their courses. The school is very diverse from staff to students. There's many people from different cultures which is pretty cool. There's four different campuses which is convenient if you need to take a course closer to you, you can so you don't have to travel far for every class. From what I've had, the campus food is good. I would eat from there everyday if I could. The school has everything you're looking for as far as education wise but if you're looking for partying and rooming in dorms, check out Dover.
this is one of best community. its not too crowd and professors are really helpful, everyone always here to help. if you need any help for math , they have math tutoring center which is great also for some major classes!
I am a current student at Delaware technical community college. I am taking classes toward my associates and love the experience i have had with the teachers and staff members. Every one of the teachers are more involved in their students studies and take time to help those who need it. also the opportunities are endless when knowing the right people.
Staff is extremely friendly i feel as though the whole school curiculum is set up so that you are successful.
Everyone is friendly with each other and the atmosphere is beyond relaxing. Students who come to college here are well aware of what they would like to major in. There is plenty of majors to choose from with help from caring counselors.
It's a community college and you get what you put into it. It is the perfect stepping stone into a better education.
So far I'm liking the college it wasn't anything I was expecting and there are a lot of help . If I have any questions and concerns. They will make sure they answer the question and explain clearly for you to understand. Overall my experience at Delaware tech was good.
As a new student I have experienced nothing but, great help from staff and current students. This alone encouraged me to pursue my college education at Delaware Tech. Community College.
Start Your Review of Delaware Technical Community College - Stanton-Wilmington
I am not sure if this hasn't already changed, but when I went it was 2014 and I wanted to go into the Nursing program but was highly intimidated by how competitive it was. There were people there because of how cheap it was to get started but didn't want to ACTUALLY attend the school, and people like me that wanted to be there. They didn't have a contingency for those who didn't make it but didn't want to lose out of all those credits. I don't want to forget the reason we do come to the school in the first place, the faculty cares about the students, even if they don't care enough about themselves. We aren't in high school anymore, it isn't free education and it is on us if we learn or don't learn. I love coming to this school.
I really like the small classes, I feel like it's a good feel if you really need the extra attention. Food is ok, it's also in the vicinity of other various food shops around downtown Wilmington. I'm only a freshmen and my major is Culinary Arts and I'm only taking my prerequisites but so far so good. In-state tuition is decent and affordable, they have the SEED scholarship if your a graduating from H.S. They a have a variety of ways to pay for school, just have to e willing to look.
I really appreciated the small school. I was able to connect well with all of my professors and the small class sizes really helped me adjust from homeschool life to college life. I will also be graduating this semester, debt free!