Delaware Technical Community College - Owens Reviews

To cover a benefit of going to Delaware Tech- it has saved me thousands of dollars. Unfortunately that is the only benefit I have found in my two years at the institution. Not only does Delaware Tech offer terrible advisement, but they don't even offer classes you need during the semester they are advised to be taken. Classes and teachers are constantly changing and are unorganized. Moreover, the technology is outdated, labs are not stocked with necessary equipment and the environment is depressing and miserable. If I could go back, I would have spent the money and saved my time and just went to a four year university.
As a first time student in Delaware, I was surprised how helpful, knowledgable and nice the staff are! I wouldn't change a thing about it!
What I love about Delaware Technical in Georgetown, DE is that the professors take the time to go step by step through each learning process, and help with individual needs. The campus is very accommodating to anyone and everyone providing a safe and fun learning environment for all.
Start Your Review of Delaware Technical Community College - Owens
In the three and a half years I was there before I had to take a financial break, it was likely one of the greatest experiences after high school I ever had.
I've been in college for a couple years now, it took me a little while to figure out exactly what I wanted to do with my career path. I've recently discovered the field of occupational therapy and I fell in love. The teachers are one of the reasons that I've been drawn to this path. They go above and beyond to make sure that the students are prepared and are competent in what they need to know for fieldwork. Considering that Delaware is so small the staff is very well connected and most of the time knows someone that can give you real life examples or is able to talk to you if you have in depth questions. They really care about the future of their students. I dealt with the school advisors and I feel that they are well educated on how to guide students in the right direction. The tuition is very reasonable, and the finical aid office is always open with questions.
The teachers are very dedicated to the success of their students. They take time to provide help with studying and will help the student look for additional resources, whether it is material to assist with learning material for any class or looking for assistance with issues outside of school or in the workplace. Not only do the teachers help students learn material, but they also understand that many of their students are balancing other classes, work, and family, and will accommodate as best they can. The teachers are also friendly and supportive, so the learning environment is fun and enjoyable. The success of the student is very important, and the teachers go the extra mile.
The college is very manageable and good for a student living at home and working. The commute is easy and work load isn't too much.
When it comes to flexibility the only thing i did not like about one of my class is that its a four hours causer and i not able to work on other class work since they it takes up the rest of my day.
I prefer face to face course but since i have to interact with them online it is very understandable and students are very respectful
since this a an accredited college i will be able to transfer to the college i originally intended to go to school for my bachelors degree. Students are well prepared , and trained. Which makes it easy for them to get used to the new environment.
School is very affordable, its near my house, I'm able to save up more money for after i transfer to a four year college. The class sizes are very small. Which makes you able to have a better relationship with professors.
Students are inspired by professors to become better professionals, if they any problems its easily solved with communication. Professors are willing to take their time to make sure students are understanding whats being tough.
i get to do labs and experience things i haven't do in school yet. But since this is my second week i haven't experienced much.
so far i haven't really learned anything since its the second week.
Deltech is very flexible and accommodating when it comes to schedule long and attending classes. No problems.
I did not transfer credits in or out of the school.
My one online course was in medical terminology so there wasn't much interaction between professor and student.
Start Your Review of Delaware Technical Community College - Owens
I haven't sought knowledge about post-grad services, as my spare time is helping with my husband who has Alzheimer's and my 3 yr granddaughter whom I have custody.
My experience has been that the professors are really on top of things, make it easy for you to approach them, and are willing to help when you get stuck. Since I hadn't been to school in 40 years, I was scared of failing, but they and the students put me at ease.
I hadn't been to school in 40 years, and one of the things that impressed me was how easy the school made it to apply and get financial aid.