Delaware State University Reviews

1,127 reviews
This school has great diversity, but the staff is not helpful. Financial aid is slow with everything and is ran by student workers. Professors are not bad, but they are not the greatest; help with learning is not offered for everyone. Housing process is ridiculous and rooms are torn apart and filled with black mold.
The faulty and staff are really nice but some facillities need to be changed they are getting too old.
Delaware State University is a Public African-American based college with the acceptances of other races. They have of 15+ majors with great programs in each major. This school wants each one of their students to graduate in four years or less. Every faculty member is very friendly, professional, and want to see you succeed and they do everything in there power to help you attain your goals. This campus is very safe, they often host campus activities for students to enjoy themselves and get to know their fellow students and faculty members.
Start Your Review of Delaware State University
i personally enjoy DSU, but sometimes the vibe can be kind of down and the females can be stuck up sometimes.
My experience at Delaware State University has changed me into a educated woman. This experience overall has definitely built a stronger me from handling my own responsibilities to running an organization on campus Delaware State University's college of business has granted me the connections with many different business corporations in aspects of internships and scholarships. A lot of different programs to help build your resume such as STOMP and SAP.
The diversity and cultural experience are truly unmatched! I love HBCU experience! Most of the professors are really friendly and easy to talk to as long as you talk to them outside of class times.
One of the grievances I have are the sidewalks/roads. THEY ARE HORRIBLE. Potholes, cracks, broken chunks scattered. I've tripped and hurt myself so many times. It's ridiculous honestly. You would think that they would try to fix at least SOME of them.
The surrounding area is okay. It's VERY safe but not super interesting so if you are looking for a nightlife or interesting adventures, avoid the whole state of Delaware at all costs (New Castle County isn't too bad).
I went to the DSU JumStart program during the summer, where I had my first experience living independently from my family which I like. The daily routine was very strict but was meant to keep us regimented and safe. This helped me decide to live on campus, which I like a lot. Choosing when to eat, sleep, and go to bed (or hang out) has forced me to mature. I'd like to see the way registration and financial aid is handled. Financial aid is confusing and for whatever reason when I went to pay my balance, the total due changed several times. The effect of this delay was not having funds available for my online supplies and required codes to online resources for the majority of the semester. I know registration can be hectic, but it just seems a bit too chaotic.
I really like Delaware State. Initially it was not a school I wanted to go to but that quickly changed my first semester attending. One thing this university does is make you feel like you are in a big family. There very good with encouraging school spirit and they help remind all the students how united we are as a student body. They offer many resources so you can have the best chance at excelling in your classes.
I am a sophomore here at Delaware State and I would say that the out-of-state tuition is not worth coming here. The administration is very disorganized and unprofessional. To add with that, the food places never have it together; you can never get exactly what you pay for.
I like how the class sizes are small and professors are able to connect with each student individually. The campus population is small, so everyone knows almost everybody.
Delaware State University is the only Historically Black College or University in the state of Delaware. I am currently a nursing major and I love how I am being trained as a professional. I feel like the school takes a lot of time in planning the best possible way a student can succeed in their major. The school is very clean and it provides a therapeutic environment to learn. I am a proud hornet and I would recommend anyone to attend the school. I think all students if they apply themselves will be successful in their studies and careers.
I love my HBCU! The atmosphere on this campus is conducive for learning and instilling pride in not only yourself, but also your culture. I enjoy going to school everyday and feel like the professors take pride in their jobs and actually care about teacher and more importantly making sure their students are truly learning. This is an excellent school and if I could do it all over again I would choose Delaware State University every time.
I’m an upcoming freshman. I’ve visited multiple times. I’ve been on tours, open houses, events on campus and my entire family attended DSU and I absolutely love it ! I had so much fun and connected with others they were extremely welcoming, I feel at home when I’m at Delaware State University. DSU has truly been my dream school. I’ve gotten offered to other schools all over the world but my first option is Delaware State and I know that’s where I’m meant to be after high school. I’m excited and eager to be a hornet and to be going from class to class on DSU campus!
I love how their class sizes are and how they go about with activities. Also, I love their dorms and Greek life.
I am a born and raised New Yorker. The environment is unwelcoming, and the administration is completely disorganized. The course work is great preparation, but you better quality education within your state. It is not worth the extra cost of out-of-state tuition. Good luck!
Delaware State University is a very good school. It is diverse, the students are very involved in activities, it is a very welcoming campus, and the college is active with its students.
So far I have no complaints with Delaware State University. I think the issues may arise from the student body and not the school as a whole.
Start Your Review of Delaware State University
Networking was easy but when it comes to trying to speak or communicate with Finical Aid or student accounts it is very difficult.
Delaware State University is a good school, but they are a little unorganized in the summer program wise.
I love Delaware State University at every school theirs going to be positives and negatives but at this school the positives outweigh the negatives. Most students would be afraid of leaving home; but Delaware State is like a second home filled with good vibes and lots of helpful resources available at your finger tips.