Delaware State University Reviews

1,121 reviews
I went to the DSU JumStart program during the summer, where I had my first experience living independently from my family which I like. The daily routine was very strict but was meant to keep us regimented and safe. This helped me decide to live on campus, which I like a lot. Choosing when to eat, sleep, and go to bed (or hang out) has forced me to mature. I'd like to see the way registration and financial aid is handled. Financial aid is confusing and for whatever reason when I went to pay my balance, the total due changed several times. The effect of this delay was not having funds available for my online supplies and required codes to online resources for the majority of the semester. I know registration can be hectic, but it just seems a bit too chaotic.
I really like Delaware State. Initially it was not a school I wanted to go to but that quickly changed my first semester attending. One thing this university does is make you feel like you are in a big family. There very good with encouraging school spirit and they help remind all the students how united we are as a student body. They offer many resources so you can have the best chance at excelling in your classes.
I am a sophomore here at Delaware State and I would say that the out-of-state tuition is not worth coming here. The administration is very disorganized and unprofessional. To add with that, the food places never have it together; you can never get exactly what you pay for.
Start Your Review of Delaware State University
I like how the class sizes are small and professors are able to connect with each student individually. The campus population is small, so everyone knows almost everybody.
Delaware State University is the only Historically Black College or University in the state of Delaware. I am currently a nursing major and I love how I am being trained as a professional. I feel like the school takes a lot of time in planning the best possible way a student can succeed in their major. The school is very clean and it provides a therapeutic environment to learn. I am a proud hornet and I would recommend anyone to attend the school. I think all students if they apply themselves will be successful in their studies and careers.
I love my HBCU! The atmosphere on this campus is conducive for learning and instilling pride in not only yourself, but also your culture. I enjoy going to school everyday and feel like the professors take pride in their jobs and actually care about teacher and more importantly making sure their students are truly learning. This is an excellent school and if I could do it all over again I would choose Delaware State University every time.
I’m an upcoming freshman. I’ve visited multiple times. I’ve been on tours, open houses, events on campus and my entire family attended DSU and I absolutely love it ! I had so much fun and connected with others they were extremely welcoming, I feel at home when I’m at Delaware State University. DSU has truly been my dream school. I’ve gotten offered to other schools all over the world but my first option is Delaware State and I know that’s where I’m meant to be after high school. I’m excited and eager to be a hornet and to be going from class to class on DSU campus!
I love how their class sizes are and how they go about with activities. Also, I love their dorms and Greek life.
I am a born and raised New Yorker. The environment is unwelcoming, and the administration is completely disorganized. The course work is great preparation, but you better quality education within your state. It is not worth the extra cost of out-of-state tuition. Good luck!
Delaware State University is a very good school. It is diverse, the students are very involved in activities, it is a very welcoming campus, and the college is active with its students.
So far I have no complaints with Delaware State University. I think the issues may arise from the student body and not the school as a whole.
Networking was easy but when it comes to trying to speak or communicate with Finical Aid or student accounts it is very difficult.
Delaware State University is a good school, but they are a little unorganized in the summer program wise.
I love Delaware State University at every school theirs going to be positives and negatives but at this school the positives outweigh the negatives. Most students would be afraid of leaving home; but Delaware State is like a second home filled with good vibes and lots of helpful resources available at your finger tips.
Delaware State University is a great school of diversity, and the campus is very engaging. Your first day there you will feel like everyone is family.
When I first toured Delaware State University, I automatically fell in love with the atmosphere. I didn’t know exactly what it was about the atmosphere, but I knew I liked being there. When I became a student there, it was like I was fulfilling a dream. The staff was so nice and the students were very welcoming to me. I liked where I lived at the time, everything was just cool. The food could be a little better, but the food contract is up now, so we’ll be getting a new food company this upcoming year. The education is great, the professors are awesome. My campus is just beautiful. There are so many times where I’m caught stopping just to take a picture of something that just seems so beautiful. I love how safe my campus is, as well. Whenever my college hosts parties, there are public safety officials at every single door. Public Safety is also at every event we have, as well as circulating the campus 24/7.
Delaware state university is a great college 🏫.Everything is about Del State. I like the athletic, the food and other stuff.. The teachers are so nice.
Start Your Review of Delaware State University
It's a good school to attend overall. Academics are good and the diversity is a key factor. It's a good place to start working towards your future career
i like that there are online classes that can be taken during the summer and that most of the teachers are very accomodating.
What I like about Delaware State was the family vibe it had and how I was able to get along with the students and teachers the only thing I didn't enjoy was the food