Defiance College Reviews

Defiance College has made a positive impact on my College career. They are very friendly and care about you as an individual person. The professors take it upon themselves to help you succeed and learn the knowledge required for your career choice. Overall, a very welcoming and encouraging place to call home for the next 4 years.
Defiance College is definitely a small environment. However this is what makes the school so unique. On campus living is compared to having one big family. Everyone is involved with one another as a support system. They just updated our food service, and add new classes every semester from things like Yoga to learning how to coach. The only thing about Defiance that could make it unlikable is the low diversity rate. Being an African American female it would make one feel more comfortable to not be approximately 1 of 20 African American females on campus.
Career center/services is very willing to help students when needed. There are also courses that students can take to prepare for graduate schools, internships, resumes, recommendation letters, etc.
Review Defiance College
Classes and professors seem to be a hit-or-miss. I would have liked to see a greater variety of courses offered, and more convenient times for students. It is extremely difficult to double major, or even have a minor, as required courses for each major often only have one class available a semester and they are often at the same time. Class sizes vary greatly depending on the course. I have had classes with 3 students (including myself) and other classes with 20 or more students.
I have not been faced with any health or safety issues at Defiance College. The campus is relatively illuminated at night for students who take evening classes.
Overall, I have enjoyed the professors I have had. I would not choose to attend this college again, however, if I were to do it all over. The students are not friendly and a large number of them are involved in athletics, so unless you are in a sport you can feel left out.
It isn't anything awesome and it really wasn't what I was expecting for college to be like.
The school tries its best, but we all know a person who has been sexually assaulted who is afraid to go to the school or they play it off.
With the tiny rooms you might as well just pay the extra money to have a room to yourself.
We have Tau Kappa Epsilon(The only remaining Fraternity that just came back to campus) and Alpha Xi Delta(A Sorority struggling to stay afloat). Everyone sees TKE as snobby, while no one even notices AXD
Compared to my High School, the athletic facilities are poor. The school also feels like they should cut sports programs do to loss of funds elsewhere and it is pitiful.
The school has cut too many programs without student interest.
Security seems okay but personal experiences with sexual assault showed that the school is not as concerned as they seem.
Most students get jobs right out of college
my major is great, others i've heard bad stories
Not many options and must stay on campus 3 years
There is no greek housing. Greek life is up and coming
Review Defiance College
The majority of students on campus are athletes and are passionate about athletics. However, our facilities are not that great and overall our athletic department is average.
Defiance College offers the students there every opportunity to succeed and it's up to the students to own their education. However, sometimes the student life department hinders the experience.
There is so much help from teachers and tudors. Impossible to fail, too much help available