Defiance College Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- Affordable fixed or variable rates
- No application, origination or disbursement fees
- Loans from community lenders that put people before profits
- Easy, online app with ability to add a cosigner in minutes
- Simple, straightforward student loans with an easy application
- Flexible repayment options, and strong borrower protections
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.12 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.11 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.11 responses
Most Popular Majors
Police and Criminal Science19 Graduates
Sport and Fitness Management15 Graduates
Athletic Training7 Graduates
Early Childhood Education7 Graduates
Social Work and Youth Services7 Graduates
Forensic Science and Technology5 Graduates
Graphic Design5 Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say Greek life is pretty low-key and has little effect on the social scene.13 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.15 responses
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.7 responses
Defiance College Reviews
My experience at Defiance College has overall been excellent. Defiance gave me an opportunity to move away from home and pursue a Bachelors degree. During my 4 years at Defiance College I have completed internships in my field of study to give me a better understanding for what comes next. I have also been a member of the Defiance College Softball team the last 4 years in which has taught me time management and has enhanced my leadership skills tremendously. There is nothing I would have changed throughout my time at Defiance College, it has prepared me for my future and brought me life long friendships.
Defiance College is very small in terms of both student and faculty population, as well as campus space. The college does not have much diversity to offer, is super expensive, and many professors are overly strict. The small number of faculty really limits students options in regard to course schedules. Most required courses are only offered either in the fall or spring, and typically there are only one or two options of what time it can be taken. Furthermore, there are not many elective courses offered in ones own major: Students often have to take courses that are irrelevant to their major in order to fill credit hour requirements.
Defiance College is definitely a small environment. However this is what makes the school so unique. On campus living is compared to having one big family. Everyone is involved with one another as a support system. They just updated our food service, and add new classes every semester from things like Yoga to learning how to coach. The only thing about Defiance that could make it unlikable is the low diversity rate. Being an African American female it would make one feel more comfortable to not be approximately 1 of 20 African American females on campus.