De Anza College Reviews

I graduated from De Anza College this past Spring Quarter. I majored in Business Administration and really enjoyed my time at De Anza. My time spent at De Anza was incredible. My professors were very kind and allowed me to expand my thinking in ways that I never thought about before. The academics was challenging at times, but the main purpose of going to a community college is to prepare students to attend a 4-year university after graduation.
I had a decent amount of professors and most of them do care and do their best to help you succeed. Overall it's not that bad it's in a decent location and people are very friendly.
I would like to see more diversity, currently there are many students from Asia. De Anza is a nice and friendly campus with many places to sit down and study. Something I would like changed is the amount of Engineering teachers that we have.
Start Your Review of De Anza College
I'd say De Anza College is great for its diversity in its students. However, not just ethnicity and age wise. When you enter De Anza community college you will meet many different people from different parts of the world, from different circumstances, and it's such an eye-opening community rich in everyone's cultures. Other pluses about this school are that the school runs on a quarter system so you'll be able to complete your education more quickly, there are many tutors that will help you in your education, the counselors are friendly and helpful, and the faculty will try to help you out the best they can. I would just say as negative commentary, there are some tutors that are not that helpful and some teachers, particularly teachers from the math and science department, that seem reluctant to help you learn the subject. Besides that, I think De Anza College is a wonderful selection for a community college.
This is an amazing school! there are so many programs and communities that you can join and make a real difference.
On a personal note, De Anza college isn't a bad college but it is not the best experience that I ever had. Some teachers are really great, and some others should really be retired by now. In terms of atmosphere, it is very often racially divided, the Asian always hang out with Asian, black people stay together, etc. It is hard to fit in and make new friends out of the box. Some classes are so hard to get such as Maths classes, you literally have to fight for it, but you don't get lucky all the time because some people have early registration dates and you don't. The food is average, some stuff are good, some aren't. Overall it has a good reputation and it doesn't hurt to attend De Anza.
De Anza College offers a large variety of courses pertaining to Arts/Humanities and Soc/Behavioral Science. I especially love their ICS and WMST classes.
I can honestly say, that De Anza for a community college has given me an opportunity to venture and meet new people. This place has gone from both ends of the spectrum when it came to youth to the elderly, but never leaving without a great memory. Safety sometimes tends to be an issue, but they do always try to remind us of the options we have when leaving campus. The education I received there, has helped me when it came to receiving a raise and giving me a better perception of people, by allowing me to understand them. Classes like Psychology, stress management, accounting have helped me further my career in business management.
De Anza College is a community college, which means there is not much of a social life, since everyone leaves after their classes. You have to really try to make friends. Depending on your major, some professors do NOT KNOW HOW to TEACH and therefore, you have to teach yourself. Although, there are some professors that do teach well. There are a lot of students, so to get the classes that you want, can sometimes be very difficult (unless you are in a sport or are part of some honors program, which gives you priority enrollment). They do offer financial aid which is great. Diversity, there is not much. The food is average, not much to choose from. There are some food places around, some walking and driving distance. The area is pretty nice, it is in Cupertino, so it's pretty rich and safe. De Anza does have the highest rates for transfer and they do offer the TAG program. There is counseling services available, however you have to go to reach out.
De Anza college is an amazing area where people are willing to start fresh and get their transfer as fast as possible. Sometimes it's not going to be fast enough for some people but you'll get there. I've seen many people go to De Anza because of the financial situation, it is an amazing place to be if money is a problem for people. I wanted to start fresh from high school and I was able to transfer and get the best out of it. Meeting new people and making connections is the best to make out of De Anza College.
I love everything about De Anza, there is not a single reason I can think of to not like my school or recommend it to someone. So many options, opportunities, and life that the school runs by, such an amazing school.
I enjoyed going to De Anza college,over the last couple years I was able to grow as a person, based on everything that I learned there. The professors are great and willing to go out of there way to support you. Its in quarter unit so you learn last, good place to network. I loved it!
De Anza is a great school to start or continue achieving your educational goals. The teachers are great and the counselors are invested in helping you see your goals through.
I am a Freshman at De Anza Community College. I am really enjoying attending classes there because I am saving a lot of money and still getting a very high-quality education. For what it is worth, I am completely satisfied with De Anza except for the fact that it is very hard to make and keep friends due to the quarter system. It all goes by like a whirlwind!
I am an international student and I have already joined in De Anza College for a half of year, which absolutely enjoyed the college life in here. At the beginning of fall quarter of 2017, I was nervous about my college life because it is my first time to study in the American college. However, the professors and students in De Anza college are really enthusiastic and willing to help me out when I met problems, which helped me eliminate the nervousness. I appreciate everyone I met and everything I experienced at De Anza College.
THIS IS A GREAT SCHOOL, THE CAMPUS IS VERY NICE. MOST TEACHERS ARE VERY HELPFUL AND THERE FOR YOUR SUCCESS. I MOSTLY TAKE ONLINE CLASSES, I ENJOY THE MATERIAL.
The campus is amazing, food tastes so good, internet is not good, but everyone else is friendly, and very diverse! A lot of clubs to join, and electives to choose from. Plus it's easier to transfer from here to a 4 year or university. The places where you can chill, read, or play games with your friends feel so good. I feel relaxed sitting on the benches near the white house replica as I listen to birds chirping around. I highly recommend this college! :)
Start Your Review of De Anza College
De Anza has been a great experience so far. I am a business administration major that will transfer in two years. This community college is nice to be at because of the faculty and cleanliness of the campus. I heard parking used to be horrible there. But their new parking structure makes finding parking everyday easy. In the Flint parking structure, it has four levels and De Anza invested a lot of money into it. Choosing my classes is easy and I usually get all the ones I need for the quarter. Professors have impacted my life in positive way. Looking forward to future courses.
Some professors are AMAZING and very inspirational. What I like about De Anza is that they updated the priority enrollment system, so it is not as difficult to get the classes you want with these amazing professors. This was not the case when I first started two years ago. Admissions and Registration office is not always pleasant if you are experiencing issues with refunds/general information about prerequisites etc., though the campus offers an online inquiry form which is usually very helpful. De Anza College is affordable, so I also enjoyed taking extra courses over the summer for classes unrelated to my major, and satisfied that I was able to do this.
De Anza college is a great school to attend. As someone who tried many colleges and other methods of schooling, I find that De Anza is where my home school should be. I love the teachers, who are funny and help out the students when they are in need. The counselors here are very friendly, and help those who don't know what to do in life. I once went to De Anza when I first started, and decided to leave for education purposes. When I attended at other schools, it just didn't feel right. Once I came back I realize that this was home. I felt comfortable. Everything here feels like a family, the student and teachers, all feel like a family, and that what this school does best. I highly recommend this school for those who knows, and don't know what there carrer life would be like, and to those who don't, you'll will find it here.