De Anza College Reviews

has a great environment for people who really want the college experience. They professors here are amazing. They are so kind and helpful with every single question you ask. The people are very friendly and the counselor office was very easy to handle.
I like being able to save thousands of money by taking my general education classes at a community college rather than a four-year university. I have more control in using my free time since I am most familiar with the area. Since I still have my car, I can still have a part-time job and be flexible with my schedule. I don't have to worry much about transportation. Like any school, you have to make most of it and create your own experiences rather than depending on school status/events. I reached out to many opportunities like interning at the Euphrat Museum and applying to the Mellon Scholars Program specifically for FHDA students. Staying local has helped me grow as a person and create a strong foundation for my major classes and experiences to come.
Honestly, the only worst con is traffic.
UC De Anza as it's known at other 4 year colleges will give you the best education for a 2 year JC and better than some 4 year colleges. The parking, like all college campuses, is packed during peak hours. It's convenient location gives you plenty of access to nearby food and grocery stores. The campus buildings are decent with some gems like the renowned planetarium. There's grassy spots, trees and fountains sprinkled about to give you outdoor peace during warmer months and a great library to study in winter. The cafeteria food is affordable given the usual over priced offerings at other cafeteria campuses but is better in quality beyond comparison. Most of the teachers are amazing and will give you the opportunity to become a better student, invest in your future and successfully graduate in a program or transfer to a 4 year. I prefer this college to Foothill and West Valley, they have nothing on De Anza.
Start Your Review of De Anza College
Professors are average, but a diverse background of students make academics challenging, yet rewarding.
From my experiences of being a college student in De Anza College has been an amazing journey so far. As one of the international students in the crowd, I have managed to immerse myself in a different environment where there's a lot more than i could have asked for in the education system. Along with the foreign exchanges in every corners, I'm able to adapt quickly over a year and the atmosphere here in De Anza is very helpful at the same time. I've met incredible professors throughout my course of studies and not only I've mastered their classes, but also I've learned a lot from their materials where I can use them in real life situations.
Professors are really helpful. They try their best to explain in every possible way. Community friendly college.
at De Anza there are very good resources, it is a very diverse campus with tons of clubs to be a part of and the student involvement always there.
Deanza is an excellent school for students looking to save money before transferring to a 4 year university. Many of the professors are knowledgeable, helpful, and responsive. However, some classes, especially chemistry, can be extremely difficult to register for. Knowing ahead of time which classes you'll be taking, and maintaining priority registration status are necessary to transfer within two years.
I graduated from De Anza College this past Spring Quarter. I majored in Business Administration and really enjoyed my time at De Anza. My time spent at De Anza was incredible. My professors were very kind and allowed me to expand my thinking in ways that I never thought about before. The academics was challenging at times, but the main purpose of going to a community college is to prepare students to attend a 4-year university after graduation.
I had a decent amount of professors and most of them do care and do their best to help you succeed. Overall it's not that bad it's in a decent location and people are very friendly.
I would like to see more diversity, currently there are many students from Asia. De Anza is a nice and friendly campus with many places to sit down and study. Something I would like changed is the amount of Engineering teachers that we have.
I'd say De Anza College is great for its diversity in its students. However, not just ethnicity and age wise. When you enter De Anza community college you will meet many different people from different parts of the world, from different circumstances, and it's such an eye-opening community rich in everyone's cultures. Other pluses about this school are that the school runs on a quarter system so you'll be able to complete your education more quickly, there are many tutors that will help you in your education, the counselors are friendly and helpful, and the faculty will try to help you out the best they can. I would just say as negative commentary, there are some tutors that are not that helpful and some teachers, particularly teachers from the math and science department, that seem reluctant to help you learn the subject. Besides that, I think De Anza College is a wonderful selection for a community college.
This is an amazing school! there are so many programs and communities that you can join and make a real difference.
On a personal note, De Anza college isn't a bad college but it is not the best experience that I ever had. Some teachers are really great, and some others should really be retired by now. In terms of atmosphere, it is very often racially divided, the Asian always hang out with Asian, black people stay together, etc. It is hard to fit in and make new friends out of the box. Some classes are so hard to get such as Maths classes, you literally have to fight for it, but you don't get lucky all the time because some people have early registration dates and you don't. The food is average, some stuff are good, some aren't. Overall it has a good reputation and it doesn't hurt to attend De Anza.
De Anza College offers a large variety of courses pertaining to Arts/Humanities and Soc/Behavioral Science. I especially love their ICS and WMST classes.
I can honestly say, that De Anza for a community college has given me an opportunity to venture and meet new people. This place has gone from both ends of the spectrum when it came to youth to the elderly, but never leaving without a great memory. Safety sometimes tends to be an issue, but they do always try to remind us of the options we have when leaving campus. The education I received there, has helped me when it came to receiving a raise and giving me a better perception of people, by allowing me to understand them. Classes like Psychology, stress management, accounting have helped me further my career in business management.
De Anza College is a community college, which means there is not much of a social life, since everyone leaves after their classes. You have to really try to make friends. Depending on your major, some professors do NOT KNOW HOW to TEACH and therefore, you have to teach yourself. Although, there are some professors that do teach well. There are a lot of students, so to get the classes that you want, can sometimes be very difficult (unless you are in a sport or are part of some honors program, which gives you priority enrollment). They do offer financial aid which is great. Diversity, there is not much. The food is average, not much to choose from. There are some food places around, some walking and driving distance. The area is pretty nice, it is in Cupertino, so it's pretty rich and safe. De Anza does have the highest rates for transfer and they do offer the TAG program. There is counseling services available, however you have to go to reach out.
Start Your Review of De Anza College
De Anza college is an amazing area where people are willing to start fresh and get their transfer as fast as possible. Sometimes it's not going to be fast enough for some people but you'll get there. I've seen many people go to De Anza because of the financial situation, it is an amazing place to be if money is a problem for people. I wanted to start fresh from high school and I was able to transfer and get the best out of it. Meeting new people and making connections is the best to make out of De Anza College.
I love everything about De Anza, there is not a single reason I can think of to not like my school or recommend it to someone. So many options, opportunities, and life that the school runs by, such an amazing school.
I enjoyed going to De Anza college,over the last couple years I was able to grow as a person, based on everything that I learned there. The professors are great and willing to go out of there way to support you. Its in quarter unit so you learn last, good place to network. I loved it!