De Anza College Reviews

De Anza overall is a great school that has a beautiful campus and offers lots of helpful resources. They have a health office where you can receive flu shots, immunizations, doctor check ups all for a low affordable price if you don't have heath coverage. The professors for the most part are encouraging and you can tell they care for their students and make it a priority to help their students succeed. There are many extra curricular activities, dozens of clubs for all different interests, sports, musical events, even bible studies. They also have many programs directed for certain careers, one I have heard is very successful is the nursing program. De Anza has a very good transfer rate and with it being quarter system classes fly by and you are able to get a lot done quickly, however it is important to stay on top of your work since each quarter is only 3 months its easy to get behind fast. But, as long as you keep focused and determined De Anza is a great community college.
It's really easy to make friends there and you get a really good sense of community and belonging. The professors are very nice and caring but choosing classes can be hard. The food could be better and I wish they would have more options.
I have attended De Anza College for three years. During my time there I experienced an abundance of quality education and diversity. Almost every single professor I had gave me all the resources and assistance I needed to succeed in their class. The campus is gorgeous; Benches scattered throughout the property under tall redwood trees made me feel like I was walking through a National Park. The worst thing about this school would be their very limited parking. Trying to navigate through a parking lot full of 18 year old drivers was never fun, especially as we were all fighting for the same parking space. Overall, I would highly recommend this school to any student from the 18 year old fresh out of high school, to the parent looking to further their education.
Start Your Review of De Anza College
De Anza is very popular and is great for any incoming students who want to get a head start on their GE and/or lower-division major requirements before transfer. This community college has decent professors, programs, and other resources that are available to anyone and everyone. Cheap, diverse, and a great place to start your higher education.
My experience at De Anza College has been very pleasant and satisfying because of the many activities and opportunities that are offered. The student body and administrative people are all very understanding and help us in what we need in order to graduate or transfer. I think I made a good choice in applying here instead of going to a university because it lets you be more free in your academic choices and helps you when wanting to no be in debt and saving money. I really recommend people to apply to a community college if you are unsure of you really want to do just yet because it can help you a lot in the future and in your economic future.
A great school for transferring out. Has connections with every UC and makes the crazy college process just that much more simple.
De Anza is famous for being the 1st school with most successful transfer to higher universities in California. The campus is wide open and the facilities are fairly advanced. There are many activities for students to engage in throughout the year, and the school staff is caring with lots of students' concerns, including international students.
The living expense and renting are expensive though and it can be quite challenging to find a decent place to live.
De Anza is pretty diverse and the students are really nice, It's easy to make friends. The teachers are accessible and care about the students. The counselors facilitate your college journey and they help you make a plan for your chosen major. It offers a lot of clubs for all sorts of interests. The cafeteria food is pretty good, especially Una Mas, you might just have to wait in a decent long line during lunch hour. The location is convenient since there's plenty of food options within walking distance.
My experience at De Anza College was a very good one. After graduating high school I was nervous to see what college life was going to be like. Luckily, I was exposed to many great teachers and counselors who made my experience at De Anza an enjoyable one. Many of the teachers at De Anza work at nearby universities including San Jose State and UC Berkeley. Because of this, you are able to receive a high quality education at an affordable price. The biggest issue at De Anza is that the school is impacted. There is simply too many students but this is mainly due to De Anza's good reputation and high transfer rates. Despite this, De Anza remains a great choice for anyone serious about transferring.
The best part of De Anza college is that it's super diverse and it's easy to transfer if you are on track. Once you know your major, you can quickly go through the classes and apply. The counselors are quick to reply to your messages and they help you build your two year plan. The faculty has strict and heartless teachers but that can be said about any college. I'm glad that I went here because I got a lot of financial aid and I got to meet so many diverse people. The LGBTQ community is vast and popular. Everyone is tolerant and it's very peaceful here.
First of all, this college is probably one of the best college in the bay area. It offers a wide range of lectures which fulfill the needs of most students. Also, the quality of most classes is great. The only issue is that the efficiency of the college sometimes is low.
This community college really helps those students who are looking to receive a higher education. There are many great programs that facilitate the students college experience. There is a lot of guidance which is very helpful. I believe that you should look into this community college.
The campus is really nice and the environment is calming. Yet, the traffic is horrible; even in the campus parking lot it gets jammed.
De Anza has been supportive and very helpful. Getting involved is important and De Anza has so many programs that you can be part of and they are all so fun to join.
I absolutely loved De Anza. Great starting point for transferring to a 4-year college/university. Good classes. Good professors. Really good food at cafeteria! Students are all very kind.
Good environment and have a good program. Everything in De Anza College is seem to be more fit for me and the dorms was really nice and also i got a nice roommate too. Even the foot seem to be delicious and nice. Beautiful place, good classroom.
As a student-athlete, I have had a great experience at community college. The enrollment process was quick and easy. Many resources were made available to me. For starters, I had priority enrollment because I was an athlete. This was extremely helpful when I needed to get a heavily impacted class. Also, athletes have their own guidance counselors, which made getting academic help possible. I did not have to wait in a long line to see a counselor. Within five minutes I was in and out of the office. My overall experience these past two years with professors has seen both sides of the spectrum, both amazing and terrible. De Anza College is one of the most diverse campuses I have experienced. Settling in was not an issue and finding my way around campus was not difficult. Something I would like to see changed and improved would be the food court. The variety is lacking and most of the food is not on the healthy side.
Start Your Review of De Anza College
Everybody here is really nice and helpful. Many course options and a community where people come from all over the world. You get in and out pretty fast here if you focus.
De Anza College is a great environment for any type of student, providing more than enough resources to help students succeed, from counseling services to tutoring. The professors at De Anza are top notch, dedicated and inspiring professors who teach a wide variety of subjects. It's nice that the president also sends out emails showing his care and concern for all students. One of the best aspects about this college is that it is a very nonjudgemental and diverse environment where you can meet others who share the same opinions and interests. A con that comes with such a huge school would be that student involvement is very minimal, so I would like to see the general student population as a whole have more representation regarding certain issues about the campus and student body.
It is way too crowded with lack of computers and chairs in the library! Too noisy and students clutter inside study rooms despite library rules.