Daytona State College Reviews

1,431 reviews
I really like the campus and the overall atmosphere present there. It feels like I am right at home. The staff and professors there make you feel comfortable.
I have been enrolled in Daytona State College for 3 semesters and now got accepted into their nursing program. I really enjoy this school and I like how they handle all of their student accounts. They are always friendly and willing to help me whenever I have a question or concern. The teachers are great and so caring- they always go the extra mile for me and I have yet to have a bad experience with anyone. They are currently expanding on their campus by constructing a huge building dedicated to their students and furthering their career and helping them achieve their goals. The only thing I would change is that they went directly for Bachelors as opposed to earning an associates and then continuing to a Bachelors. Other than that I wouldn't change a thing!
I am currently a dual enrollment student at DSC. In my experience, as a college DSC is amazing. My professors have been decent and my workload is challenging but still do-able. The school its self is a little dated but that isn't particularly their fault. There are many services available to you at all times and the entire vibe of the school is very student focused.
Start Your Review of Daytona State College
the college really cares about its students. there are three campus one in deltona, daytona beach is the main campus, and another in deland
The campus is small but beautiful and easy to navigate. The resources that are offered are fantastic and very useful.
This is my first semester at Daytona State. I received my AA in 1984, so this is a big step for me. The counselors and staff at the Deltona Campus have been helpful and encouraging.
I love the Daytona state campus because it is so close to home. The staff is very welcoming and the teachers are great. They're teaching techniques really helped me utilize the material . The courses that I have taken so far have been fun and educating. while I've attended Daytona state I've met a lot of great bright people who share the interests as I do. Im looking forward to the rest of my journey here at the Daytona state campus.
I like the friendly attitude of the academic staff and their effort to help the students accomplish their goal.
What I dislike is the lack of communication between the Financial Aid, Students Accounts, and the rest of departments.
Daytona State College was a great start to my college experience because it was close to home and fairly inexpensive. The advising staff could be improved but I enjoyed almost every professor I chose.
I have been attending Daytona State College for almost a year and the staff has really helped me transition out of the Marine Corps and into student life.
Started Daytona State College as dual enrolled student in high school. I will continue for my AA and may transfer at that time. It is a small school, good classes, very good teachers. There is not any campus life as there are no dorms. A lot of the classes are only offered on line which is nice, but classroom options would be better.
So far I love Daytona State College! You meet new people everyday. The professors are nice and cool. The students are fun. Campus is safe always clean and a Starbucks in one of the buildings so I’m loving that. I diversity here is good you see every race around campus. There is housing all around the city you just have to find it.
The teachers are very helpful and are easy to get in touch with. No one is rude in the office and everyone seems to enjoy their jobs and are determined to help you with any and all of your problems and/or concerns. There are security guards that make sure everyone is where they are supposed to be, which makes the school feel safe. There are also tutors available everyday in the morning to early night that will help you with homework; which does make it very convenient for working adults.
My experience at Daytona state college was basic it's not a bad college to get your degree started. The college offers a variety of degrees in health care, business and education. What I would change ablut the college is that admission counselor be more helpful in getting students started towards there degree.
Daytona state college is a great place for opportunity for all varies of life. Where ever you come from its not a problem. We have a state of the art library that is composed of 4 single rooms for individual study for students. A upstairs and downstairs full of computers with printers to use. A writing center even with a room to study also. Daytona state college has a lot of different places where students can study without noise. We have a lunchroom that's open to everyone.Teachers are always there to help after class.They have a wide range of extra activities you can do after school such as flag football, SGA , etc. We always have a different activity going on every Wednesday that's open to all.
They’re very helpful when it comes to being a first time college student, but I feel like the academic advisor went through things way too quickly and I wasn’t able to fully understand what classes I need.
I have been student at Daytona State for the past two years and I currently still attend this college. I have had no problems with academics, the only problem I have had problems with a student accounts and financial aid. This is a great school to get your general education degree and then transfer to a university for your bachelors degree.
Start Your Review of Daytona State College
Many program to choose from such as A.A, A.S., several Bachelor programs, certification programs, and technical programs. Staff is great to work with. Also offer many user friendly online courses.
My experience at Daytona state has been excellent. I have not had a terrible professor yet out of the two and a half years I have been attending. What I would like to see differently is having the counselors tell you the right classes to take or help assist you in order to prevent taking a class that is not necessary.
Daytona State College is a great place to receive your AA or AS degree. The professors are always willing to help and there are many resources available to help you succeed. However if you are looking for the college experience this is no the right school for you. There are no dorms here, the majority of students are in dual enrollment. There are also not many bachelor degrees available. It is a great starter college.