Daytona State College Reviews

1,368 reviews
Daytona State College has wonderful degree programs for everyone from dual-enrollment students to non-traditional students. The classes have not only been interesting but the material learned is useful further along in one's educational journey. Additionally, the majority of professors have well-designed courses and are extremely knowledgeable in their subject area. The academic advisors are always helpful and truly have the student's best interest at heart. The campus is well-maintained and safety is definitely a top priority of the college. Overall, Daytona State College has provided me with a positive education experience and I am grateful for the opportunities that I have obtained through this college.
Daytona state college has enabled me to do a lot of things. Though dealing with financial aid can be frustrating and take awhile, I have a few professors that I feel they truly care and take the time to help you out along with being very good at teaching you the subjects they are experts in. keep in mid college is what YOU make it, so their are plenty of clubs at DSC, stay involved!
My experience at Daytona State College was amazing. The students there are very kind to one another and the professors are very understandable that you have a life outside of college so they don't try to overwork you.
Review Daytona State College
I love this college. Women's and Men's Center, Academic Support Center, Writing Center and even the Library is some of the programs I use almost every semester. These programs are all included with your tuition so you never have to pay out of pocket. You will receive University Like Education with a Community College like atmosphere.
Not very helpful in financial aid. Admissions counselors were very helpful and nice. Instructors nice and available.Online classes were a little slow to respond but were very willing to help with my needs.
I went to DSC for a work shop for my culinary class. They had great teachers, work labs, mentors and students helping us learn new skills and techniques. No I did not end up attending this school but it was definitely in my top 3. Great atmosphere, environment and the people are great.
Daytona State College is a great option to start your college career. I choose this as an option to do my AA and transfer to another university. Daytona state has provided me an outstanding education to succeed in the future.
It was a great college. I was in the RN program and received amazing clinicals that prepared me for the actual nursing field.
My experience at Daytona state was average. It is a great school for getting a vocational or trade degree quickly and easily. Yet if your going on to get a higher education it is a little bit too summarized if you ask me. Part of the reason is because the professors expect you to study on your own, but in my opinion that still doesn't excuse the minimal amount of information that they cover in their classes. Of course maybe this is just a wake up call that I need to study more in the future; either way I at least got my associates quickly and conveniently.
Great affordable school with structured academics. There isn't too much variety in the extracurricular activities though.
The instructors really go out of there way to help you pass their class. The campus is always busting with an event going on. The cost was very affordable as I saved a bunch of money when considering going to a university for freshman year.
Daytona state is cheap like a state college should be. However most the offices (Advisors, registration, etc) are not helpful. They give you the run and tell you to go to multiple places when in the long run you will end up back in the first office you started in and have to go through it all again. Most classes are online so if you need face to face interaction you are out of luck. Teachers also do not know how to teach and most teach directly from the dry textbooks.
My overall experience at Daytona state college has enriched my life in many ways. Daytona state has provided me with the necessary tools to enhance my skills more. Taught me valuable knowledge about this diverse world, people and concepts in general and eventually will enable me to become more successful in my life when I graduate with my degree. It has also stressed to me the importance of thinking critically, and asking questions in many situations. All these aspects of college have also made me a well-rounded person. The knowledge I gained and experiences I have been through are irreplaceable, and I will always take it with me wherever I go.
In reality most people look down on DSC. But you have to see it for what it is - a college of second chances. How much you learn is up to you. All the materials are there for you to learn. And at the end of the day that's all you can ask of a college.
I attended Daytona State College through the dual enrollment program. I had some great teachers and the facilities are wonderful and everyone is there to help. It is a very nurturing environment in a good place to start a college experience.
Daytona State College was voted as one of the best colleges in FL and yes it is a good school. DSC is a pretty quiet/laid back school, atleast at the Deland campus. There are really no issues or problems i have rn into at this location, but i wouldnt give it a 5 star because, i wouldn't say its perfect.
small , quiet, and very resourceful! love the smaller classes and one on one time with professors. has an amazing library. The ASC building is extremely helpful. Always has tutors available from day to night. Every professor has office hours to speak to students directly to in case extra help is needed. The Café serves healthy delicious food !
Review Daytona State College
Very affordable if that's what you're going for! This is a very smart place to start if you are on a budget and wanting to go to college. Downfalls: most of the staff are not even close to being as helpful as other colleges. I thought that was just how colleges are, you don't get help and don't you dare ask for it... but I was wrong! It's just this college. Something they should really take the time to work on but there's SO MANY people in and out of there every day I can understand why it has been put on the back burner. Not very consistent in any way, shape or form.
I'm currently in the BSN program after graduating from the ADN program. I chose to return as I have had a very positive experience from all the teachers and staff members. I do like the hybrid program as I am an older student and do like being in the classroom setting. I would definitely recommend Daytona State College.
The majority of my classes were online with the exception of 2. I enjoyed the atmosphere of the school and helpfulness of the professors. I do not think the advising and financial aid offices are very organized though.