Daytona State College Reviews

1,388 reviews
I plan to study all four years for my Nursing degree at DSC. Three years ago, my sister went to Daytona State for her Cosmetology degree, she loved it and would always recommend DSC for a college close to home.
I enjoy taking classes at Daytona State College. It is affordable and they hire great professors. They care abut your success and will help you through any problems you have.
I have had a very good experience at Daytona state college. I am in a TRIO program and they are amazing, they are always here for you when you need them and will help you out with just about any problem or issue that you have. The one thing that very much needs to change is security. They are always just sitting around never doing anything and just the adults get away with too much stuff, there definitely needs to be a different group of security there.
Start Your Review of Daytona State College
I love it here, it’s close to home, cheap, and as long as you use rate my professor it’s easy to find a class that suits your learning style.
I started back in 2011 and took a break for a few years and upon returning this year i have experience great staff and help from the guidance office as far as getting me on track to finish my degree. I couldnt be any happier with my decision to return to dsc.
The teachers tend to be good as well as the prices. The teachers know there subjects and do a good job presenting them in class. If you still need help most of the teachers are willing to help you during office hours and many will even stay late to help you.
This was the best experience in college that I have ever had. The professors are very knowledgeable and engaging.
The professor are very helpful in their student success. The professor works side by side to help student understand the course and achieve their goals. If students do their best and study hard, it'll all pay off in the end.
Daytona state college is a community college. Even though it is a community college, the academics are very good. The teachers are very good at teaching and explaining topics. When you are struggling with an assignment, teachers are there to explain and help you understand. For counselors, if you have any questions they will be answered.
I like how the class sizes aren't too big. It helps me focus on the professor more and it isn't as hard to get help if I need it.
Love this college. The staff is very helpful and nice. I‎t is a welcoming place where everyone is welcome! There is an overwhelming sense of community to be found by anyone from any background, and academics are challenging and prepare you for anything you may want to pursue after college. The atmosphere and school spirit are always lively, and it's an overall great place to be.
Great campus, tons of programs and buildings for any educational needs. Very helpful staff but it's easy to get lost.
Over the course of two years, I liked many of the professors at Daytona State. They offer a lot of time to help the students progress. However, I wish the administration could have been more helpful and they promoted transferring more to increase the graduation and transfer rate.
The professors are amazing, the workload is lenient for those who work daily, and I really love how there's free tutors to access to. The one minor thing I didn't like is that I'm taking Calculus 3 next semester and there is only one class which is located in Daytona Beach, so I have to drive for over half an hour to go to class everyday. Other than that, this is a very great school for those who want to earn a Bachelor's.
I would love if the Palm Coast campus was updated. The buildings are very old and it's not very technologically advanced. Tuition is good, so I can't really complain too much.
Never had any problems at this school academically, socially or administratively. The campus is easy to navigate and there's little events going on all the time.
It's a good school, they can be a little delayed when it comes to giving up to date information. It can take them a little time to respond to emails or calls, but that is to be expected given the size of the school.
Start Your Review of Daytona State College
I been going to Daytona state for about 2 years now. I currently switched my major from Nursing to Radiology. The campus is always clean I love love love the food. Specifically their breakfast! At great prices also. The teachers and staff here are very helpful everybody wants you to succeed. Daytona State is a very friendly environment, I enjoy being here everyday!
I have only been at Daytona State College for a a couple semesters at this point but overall I enjoy the college. The college campus is very well kept and scenic (minus the current construction project). The student life is very calming, an interactive and peaceful institution. I hope to enjoy the rest of the time that I will spending here educating myself.
I appreciate the fact that the class sizes are smaller than most schools. The professor/instructors actually seem to care about what they do and they sometimes go out of their way to help in any way they can.