Daytona State College Reviews

1,404 reviews
I really enjoy how involved the administration and professors are with the students. It seems that nobody is left behind there is tons of help for the students on all levels.
Daytona State College is the perfect local option for an affordable yet excellent education. I enjoyed my time here and will be missing it. I tell all my Daytona friends to enroll!
Daytona State is great community college for those seeking higher education at any age or stage life. I've been back after a couple life events prevented me from finishing and the transition back into college life has always been smooth and easy. The lasses are challenging enough without being overwhelming and the facilities and services provided by the college are all very helpful. The online systems used to sign up for classes and search programs and courses could use some tweaking. I sometimes have trouble with pages or information loading or simply finding the information I need, resorting to just calling the school or showing up in person. Other than that it's a great, affordable school for people in all walks of life!
Start Your Review of Daytona State College
Daytona State College is what a typical community college looks like. From the exterior the school looks great with a lot of beautiful features. What I don't like is that all the staff employees are pretty average as far as teaching and assisting. Whether its your teacher, adviser, or guidance counselors, they all seem to work with a 9-5 attitude. If the staff were a bit more involved and committed to the students, I believe that school can produce a much higher rate for graduates. I also recommend that Daytona State changes all of the guidance counselors for the Deltona campus because they never seem to know what they're doing so it feels like the blind leading the blind. All in all, do you research before you enroll in Daytona State.
It's a nice school but from the start the staff at different campus have different information and make you go back and forth because you get different answers and different instruction from every person you ask. I would like to see the school training their staff better so cater students that need help.
Great school for someone who is looking to get their AA and transfer. The direct connect to UCF is a wonderful asset to have. Professors are really helpful and caring in every class I've taken.
I thoroughly enjoy the fact that when I decided to go back to school the academic adviser I sat down with to talk to called me a few weeks after being in school to check how I was doing. I would say change it so that people can make appointments a few days ahead.
I went to Daytona state as a non traditional (almost 30-year-old) student to get my AA. I found that, for being a relatively small campus, it was incredibly diverse and had a fairly sizable offering as far as curriculum goes. I've attended multiple colleges and this one (regardless of size or reputation) rivals 'bigger' or 'better' schools without question.

Additionally, the location is pretty good - especially if you want to get in on some touristy fun. The area isn't super expensive to live in either, which is a bonus (I recommend Port Orange).
It is actually pretty good for its price. Small classes with professors who care about students and their grades.
I have gone to Daytona State twice with a group of high school students for an AVID field trip and both experiences were great. They have a very nice campus and great classroom studies and a wide variety of things to do on campus.
Very well-maintained community college with convenient smaller campuses for those who cannot reach the main campus. Very friendly and happy staff who treat you kindly if you do the same. The campus is clean and organized, and from my experience at the Flagler/Palm Coast campus, you will be well-managed so long as you keep in touch with counselors. There is also the advantage of grade forgiveness, where if you fail a course and retake it, the grade is overwritten in your transcript. Not every college offers this, especially not many universities.

Only problem I've encountered is that the website itself has some issues with consistency in its layout and is rather buggy on both desktop and mobile, and that the instruction videos for it are outdated now. And that on the smaller campuses, not all the classes on the main campus are offered, but that's kind of to be expected.
DSC has wonderful professors that truly know the subjects they are teaching. I greatly appreciate being able to return to college and learning in such a positive environment!
I believe that Daytona State College is one of the best places to further your education. This college is close to home and to may amenities in town to make anyone's college experience better. Daytona State also has a wonderful campus with smaller classes so students not only feel more comfortable during their college experience, but they also allow for more personalized classroom settings that a student cannot receive at a large university.
My first thoughts before starting at Daytona State where not that good. On a scale one to five, it would be a one meaning not good. The first day, I was lost but everyone was very nice, the professors are very kind and will give you everything you need to know before getting started. If I were to rate it again I would rate it a four. Plus, it has a beautiful campus very clean!
The programs are very diverse and would get you far in life. The professors are very credible and would go far and beyond to connect with you and encourage you not only to pass but to becoming successful in life.
Very involved teachers who care about your success, almost every student really is working to succeed. The range and amount of courses they offer at low prices, and free in some cases, are amazing and really help out several students.
I plan to study all four years for my Nursing degree at DSC. Three years ago, my sister went to Daytona State for her Cosmetology degree, she loved it and would always recommend DSC for a college close to home.
Start Your Review of Daytona State College
I enjoy taking classes at Daytona State College. It is affordable and they hire great professors. They care abut your success and will help you through any problems you have.
I have had a very good experience at Daytona state college. I am in a TRIO program and they are amazing, they are always here for you when you need them and will help you out with just about any problem or issue that you have. The one thing that very much needs to change is security. They are always just sitting around never doing anything and just the adults get away with too much stuff, there definitely needs to be a different group of security there.
I love it here, it’s close to home, cheap, and as long as you use rate my professor it’s easy to find a class that suits your learning style.