Davis & Elkins College Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.14 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.17 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.17 responses
Most Popular Majors
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say Greek life is pretty low-key and has little effect on the social scene.20 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.25 responses
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.12 responses
Davis & Elkins College Reviews
The equipment is fair; not entirely modern, nor outdated. The weight room is usually either overcrowded or virtually empty (there is only one), and there isn't a schedule for sports team so others are bombarded by their takeover. Events and within the cafeteria, students are usually segregated into their teams, then everyone else. Students sparing attend sporting events, especially if they're friends with someone on that team, and when a team is facing its biggest competition. Moreover, I've recently been given the responsibility of the president of the weight room, which we call the Fitness Center, and I'm looking to make significant changes (scheduling, equipment, cleaning materials, entertainment, etc.).
You aren't treated like a number here, like you are at the bigger schools. You form long lasting friendships with a lot of students. Class sizes are small. The professors want to see you succeed and are willing to help. The dorms are ok. The food has gotten better over the last year or so. The athletic facilities are great for a small school and are D2. The school is next to the city of Elkins and is walking distance to restaurants etc.
Very comfortable setting. I like my classes and professors. So far it is a good experience. My only negative part was freshman required classes (alcohol awareness, at risk students, etc) were scheduled during other classes but they sorted through and fixed it.