1. Thomasville, NC
  2. 2 Year

Davidson County Community College Reviews

I spent 3 years at the college. I really enjoyed that they offered lots of resources. The tutoring was great as well as teachers. However, I felt that I was not placed on a good path to reach a long term goal. The advisors didn't place me in proper classes to reach a degree
Davidson was a wonderful experience. i was there for 2 years and i transferred. the academics was great, the professors work with you and help you they best they can. the tutors at the schools was great as well every time i had issue with my work i was always in there studying getting help. i really enjoyed my time there.
the online courses were very helpful
don't get any help from them
  • 7 months ago
  • Value
amazing the school staff was so helpful
the professors are good they take a long time to get ahold of but once you got in contact with them they are helpful
the school should have been more clear about the fact they don't have dorms
Taught things again if we did not get them the first time
Everyone is kind to one another
Bosch & Cat are awesome instructors as both know their stuff and are always willing to help.
There are always other colleges on campus to talk to you about transferring and able to answer questions if you have them.
  • 10 months ago
  • Value
I hate that I can't take a course to explore possiblities because they are not in my "program of choice" and you have to get permission from your advisor to take courses before you can register.
I hated the online PED course because I am bad a memorizing things and that is all this class was was memorizing the textbook for proctored exams. The other online clases I had were AMAZING!!!
They have a class that will walk you through transfering when you are ready to do that.
  • 10 months ago
  • Value
You can't take classes outside of your program just to see if you *might* be interested in something different than what you are doing That's the part that makes it bad. Otherwise, the teachers are great, asking for help is all you need to do if you have an issue. The free turtoring and open computer lab make it easy to get help you may need.
If you need help, just ask. That's all you have to do; ask.
I went to this college straight out of high school. I had no idea what to do. My advisors helped me in finding what steps to take. My first year for general education courses, there were a lot of different class times and options. However, my next two years were predetermined so that internships could be incorporated.
I haven't taken many online courses. I have taken hybrid courses at this college and one online course. The workload was not overbearing at all. Registration for these classses is as simple as any other class. Peer to peer interaction is limited to discussion boards, but this is not the instructors fault. Students have the abilit to contact one another to form study groups.
My first year at this college I lived in the learning commons, utilizing every resource I could, be it a math or biology tutor, a writing coach, the library archives, computer systems, seminars, you name it. This college provides so many resources that I never would have imagined available at a community college. I have gone to career services countless times for advice, guidance, mock interviews, network opportunities or career building information sessions. If I need help, career services is there, they all know my face and name and are always pleasant, kind, and ready to help.
  • College Senior
  • 12 months ago
  • Value
The quality of my courses are outstanding. By the time I graduate, I will have learned the general information for almost every species of animal. This gives me a very well rounded knowledge and competative edge for any future job interviews. My professors are considerate and empathetic. They will work with any student that needs extra help. Having a smaller class size really allows them to be one on one with each student. I can come to my teachers at an time for help in school or outside of school as well. Not all of my professors have the same style of teaching, but thats okay, not everyone has the same style of learning. This is a challenge for me, but I like to be challenged, and earn the grades that I want and have, by working hard for them.