High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- Loans from community lenders that put people before profits
- Easy, online app with ability to add a cosigner in minutes
- Simple, straightforward student loans with an easy application
- Flexible repayment options, and strong borrower protections
- Apply online in just 3 minutes
- No origination, application and processing fees, no fees for early repayment
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.20 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.26 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.26 responses
Most Popular Majors
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.31 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.36 responses
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.11 responses
Davidson College Reviews
Davidson is definitely a small school. By that, I mean that it's smaller than my high school. To be quite honest, there really isn't much to do within the town of Davidson, and without a car, Charlotte isn't exactly accessible. I knew all too well of this, but I still decided to come here because Davidson genuinely is an amazing school. Professors are very engaged with their students and I can definitely see how passionate they are about the courses they teach. Class sizes are great as well, with several of my classes having fewer than 15 students and none over ~30. While diversity of the student population leaves something to be desired, Davidson is slowly improving.
My first year at Davidson has been a great experience. The new science building is incredible, and I've received a lot of support and encouragement from my professors. Although Davidson is a small campus, there is always something to do. The eating houses are a great way to meet people. Whether you want to get involved academically or socially, there is something for everybody. The quality of life at Davidson is superb. The town has shops and restaurants within walking distance. But if you need to go a little further, the campus has free bicycles that you can borrow through a phone app.
Davidson is an absolutely phenomenal school, but it is definitely a school meant to work you very hard. While you typically only take four classes a semester, these classes will keep you up busier than you could imagine. One of the most important factors of the college is the quality of professors. Davidson is consistently ranked one of the top colleges for professor qualifications and experience. All the professors you will be taught by are extraordinarily distinguished in their field with numerous connections that they are willing to pass on to students for their own success. They will push you hard academically, but studying and learning from them is one of the most rewarding experiences you can have. Also, prominent professors are larger institutes that care about graduate students and their research more, you will have their undivided attention at Davidson. The professors genuinely care about their students and are always willing to help you succeed.