Davidson College is ...
Private not-for-profit, Presbyterian
NCAA Division I-AA
Pioneer Football League
High School GPA
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.20 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.23 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.23 responses
Most Popular Majors
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.28 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.33 responses
After Davidson College
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.11 responses
Davidson College Reviews
Review Davidson College
Davidson is an absolutely phenomenal school, but it is definitely a school meant to work you very hard. While you typically only take four classes a semester, these classes will keep you up busier than you could imagine. One of the most important factors of the college is the quality of professors. Davidson is consistently ranked one of the top colleges for professor qualifications and experience. All the professors you will be taught by are extraordinarily distinguished in their field with numerous connections that they are willing to pass on to students for their own success. They will push you hard academically, but studying and learning from them is one of the most rewarding experiences you can have. Also, prominent professors are larger institutes that care about graduate students and their research more, you will have their undivided attention at Davidson. The professors genuinely care about their students and are always willing to help you succeed.
While there are always people (professors included) that one does not like, generally the professors are super engaging, great teachers and want to help their students! Most classes are challenging and professors always offer their help.
The people there were very friendly and the professors were incredibly helpful. Not much to do on the weekends except go to the same places and hang out with the same people. The campus is beautiful yet small, even cramped at times. Unfortunately due to its size, it doesn't have very many majors and I wasn't interested in any that were offered. I transferred midway through my first year.