Dartmouth College Reviews

My favorite thing about Dartmouth is that we have a very strong school culture which helped me to transition from high school to college because I had all these weird Dartmouth traditions and practices that made me feel like I was a part of Dartmouth. In the future, I’d like to see Dartmouth make more of an effort to find ways to reach students who aren’t into the quirky Dartmouth traditions, because I think while these traditions are helpful for some students, other students may be a little overwhelmed by it and feel gen more isolated from Dartmouth, in conclusion, I would like to see Dartmouth actively engage students who are often marginalized and on the fringes of Dartmouth community.
I am about to embark on college life this fall, and although I have not experienced much of Dartmouth yet, it has been quite rewarding so far. I have already connected with a number of amazing people from all over the world, and have sampled a little of the vast course offerings at Dartmouth. i am super excited to begin my very first term in September!
Dartmouth is providing me with an unmatchable opportunity to pursue a prestigious education that will allow me to excel and exceed any and all expectations while accomplishing my goals.
Start Your Review of Dartmouth College
Great school. I wish Dartmouth spent more of its endowment on housing. Dorms are pretty old, but there are lots of grants for students to start their own startups etc. Teaching is amazing, probably most undergraduate focused among the Ivies.
I like the small student body and faculty to student ratio, the small class sizes allow for greater classroom learning from peers and professors.
I think in the end, I look back and love the time I've spent at this school, because I've grown so much as a person compared to when I first got here: emotionally, socially, and academically. The school has given me many gifts of friendship and maturity, along with many challenges in the classroom and lab that have made me think about myself and my future goals. The professors here are generally amazing and make an honest effort to connect with students, no matter how many there are. Some even memorize everyone's names beforehand!!
I definitely ran into some really rough spots here, and the pre-med track is incredibly difficult at times, but all of my gratitude still goes to Dartmouth for an amazing four years.
Dartmouth was the best way I could imagine spending my formative years post-high school. The close knit community and sense of belonging I felt at this school was unparalleled, allowing me to connect with students and professors alike to enhance my learning. This is truly a college unlike any other, with traditions and lingo and an experience that is shared by every student who walks through campus. Not only is this what a college should look like, this is what a college should feel like—support at every turn and constant smiling faces around every corner. The College on the Hill is a transformative place.
When I was at Dartmouth not too long ago, we were ranked top 10, we had the Aires competing, Greek life was the best, academics was involving and fun, now to see where the school is, is just a pity.
I really enjoyed my four years here. The flexibility of the D-plan was a definite plus, and I got to explore way more classes and do a lot more things than I otherwise would have done, including study abroad and research. Also a wide variety of student organizations that are welcoming and allowed me to try many new things.
Visiting the campus was a surreal experience. Coming from NYC, walking around Hanover and seeing the close knit community was amazing. Not only is the academics great, the culture and student life is alive and extremely active.
Nothing to change about Dartmouth. I absolutely love this place and people. Despite having a very harsh weather, the atmosphere is very warming.
Dartmouth is my uncle's alma mater, and I have therefore always visited it since I was a kid when visiting my uncle and aunt. Living in the heart of New Hampshire, it is a bit of a drive to get to the campus but it is always so worth it. His friends that he introduced to us are kind and compassionate people brimming with an intellectual aura. The instructors that walk by whenever I visit are certainly world class professionals. The campus itself is a magnificent architecture of grandeur.
Dartmouth has a great community, with supportive students and professors. The campus is beautiful and there are many resources available to students. I wish there had been less of an emphasis on Greek life and better career and advising services.
I loved Dartmouth from the minute I set foot here as a freshman. Very opening and friendly environment, and professors are high caliber educators. Everyone wants you to succeed and there are a variety of extracurriculars to get involved in.
Dartmouth is simply wonderful. It has such a wonderfully cozy and collaborative atmosphere, which combined with the unparalleled focus on undergraduate students makes it the best college there is. The only thing people should be aware of is that there will be a large number of wealthy students, so be prepared to face some new socioeconomic diversity. Overall, it is such a safe and fun college set in a beautiful part of the country!
I am a dual enrollment high school student who has taken one class at Dartmouth and hopes to take another one before I graduate. I had a very good experience in my class. The teacher was really nice and helpful and was willing to spend lots of time with the students to help. She encouraged questions and when she couldn't find time to help she had a TA there to help. One thing that would have made the experience better was there isn't a lot of parking accessible to commuting students so you would have to walk from far away parking lots.
Dartmouth is a unique place in that many colleges will never give you the freeing chance of focusing entirely on schooling in such a beautiful location. Rural location means fewer distractions and a better overall creative way of entertainment within a community.
Start Your Review of Dartmouth College
The Dartmouth Experience - how we call it - is unlike any other. It allows you to challenge yourself in ways you never though possible. I do wish that mental health was talked about more, as I have struggled the past 2 years and have only recently received support from professors and staff.
Dartmouth has outstanding professors who make it a priority to interact with students. Dartmouth offers a superb education in a beautiful environment. The people are hearty, adventurous and authentic.
The atmosphere is extremely homey despite there always being a large workload. Everyone likes to include the entire student body in activities, and the staff like to get involved as well.