Dartmouth College Reviews

Would not have wanted to go anywhere else! I have loved my time at Dartmouth. Great education and students.
Covid 19 - would have wanted to be on campus! The school did the best they could given the situation.
I didn't take any online courses during my time there, but I'm sure the quality of current courses is high.
Start Your Review of Dartmouth College
The professors are some of the best in the world. It's a small college in a beautiful setting: close-knit, challenging, and deeply engaged in things that matter.
I have really liked Dartmouth so far. I have met some amazing people from my freshmen dorm, and can't wait to return sometime soon. Academics are tough but rewarding, and most profs seem pretty accommodating and helpful.
Dartmouth, in the Ivy League, is simply different. The atmosphere is more constructive and personal, as the size of the graduating classes are smaller. But this does not mean that there are less opportunities! Dartmouth's graduate schools are incredible, so if you have the desire to study for a graduate degree, there are opportunities to enter into one of these elite graduate schools at the end of your undergraduate study. Socially, it is also an excellent school. I highly recommend Dartmouth if you wish to have a bright future.
Dartmouth is a great mix of rewarding academics and a close, social community. Being in the small town of Hanover creates a tight knit community, although also fosters a bubble that is often unaware of the "outside world". It has easy access to the outdoors and a generally athletic student body.
It is hard to imagine a better college than Dartmouth. The mix of academics, clubs and outdoor activities, and social scene is (in my opinion) unparalleled. Everyone is academically driven, and I feel like I can have an intellectual conversation with anyone on campus. There is a sport, club, or outdoor activity for everyone at the college, as most people I know are heavily involved in at least 2 extracurricular clubs. Lastly, the social scene is fun and inclusive. There are different frats and sororities for different all types of preferences, and every house has an "open door" policy. There is little to no social hierarchy that I've noticed (Football players aren't treated differently from comp sci geeks), making it so that anyone can be friends with anyone.

One additional note: sophomore summer is the best term of all time! Look it up.
I am very excited to start at Dartmouth this fall and absolutely love being on campus because it feels like home.
From only being on the campus a few times, I can easily say that the atmosphere on campus is amazing. From sitting on the Green to socializing within the tightly-knit student-body, Dartmouth is one of the best schools within the east coast. I'm so glad I have the opportunity to attend this coming fall!
Diversified Campus. It had the most other Native Americans at the campus compared to other colleges I toured. Very secluded environment and beautiful. Plenty of stuff to do environmentally. Sports are a little lacking but that can be made up for with the academics.
I like the whole student experience. It is a charming little college where you know everyone who goes to school with you. The one thing at dartmouth that I would fix is the need for more food places to eat.
Dartmouth has a small teacher to student ratio which encourages intimate learning. The quarter system is however short making it stressful to grasp content
I had high expectations going into Dartmouth at the beginning of freshman year. Now, after just one term, I can say that they were utterly blown away. The College is an amazing school, where academics and connections between professors and students are cherished. I had lunch with a professor earlier and we had a wide-ranging, incredible conversation. The campus itself is astounding in its beauty and traditional nature. Also, the College was accommodating to the utmost degree when I had to return home for a week due to a severe family emergency. But most of all, my fellow classmates and students are what make Dartmouth exceptional. They are all bright, intelligent, thoughtful, and most importantly, filled with compassion. At this moment, I cannot comprehend a better school.
I love the community. Students will build each other up academically, it's not a contest between students. Super inclusive campus
Dartmouth is a very prestigious university. There are many resources students can utilize. Additionally, it allows students to come out of their comfort zone since there are so many activities and clubs.
I attended Dartmouth for 2 summers on a college program. I really loved it out there because of how nice everyone was and how beautiful the campus is. The food at the college was great and the dorms were really nice. I got a chance to be able to have a football player and we made a really good bond. I got a chance to meet the head coach train at there field.
Start Your Review of Dartmouth College
There were both positive and negative aspects of my undergraduate years at Dartmouth College. Beginning with enrollment and affordability, Dartmouth College gave me the best financial aid package in comparison to the schools I considered attending. The college did an excellent job of reaching out to answer questions, providing me with peer mentors before enrolling, and giving me the chance to tour the school (without having to pay for it myself). Regarding academics, Dartmouth's student to professor ratio is unmatched by most elite institutions. The ability to meet one on one with professors, enjoy small class sizes, and receive individualized attention in my classes is overall what made my experience and the cost of Dartmouth worth it. However, the college does not do an adequate job preparing or supporting students who come from less rigorous academic backgrounds. Many of the classes my peers had taken were subjects that were not even offered at my high school.
Love the tight-knit community; however this isn't a school for everyone, especially for those who prefer big cities and aren't interested in outdoor activities. Professors actually care about you and want you to succeed.
Has some awesome people, a very diverse group of individuals that know and accept one another. Very supportive community with awesome professors all around