Dartmouth College Reviews

I really enjoyed my four years here. The flexibility of the D-plan was a definite plus, and I got to explore way more classes and do a lot more things than I otherwise would have done, including study abroad and research. Also a wide variety of student organizations that are welcoming and allowed me to try many new things.
Visiting the campus was a surreal experience. Coming from NYC, walking around Hanover and seeing the close knit community was amazing. Not only is the academics great, the culture and student life is alive and extremely active.
Nothing to change about Dartmouth. I absolutely love this place and people. Despite having a very harsh weather, the atmosphere is very warming.
Start Your Review of Dartmouth College
Dartmouth is my uncle's alma mater, and I have therefore always visited it since I was a kid when visiting my uncle and aunt. Living in the heart of New Hampshire, it is a bit of a drive to get to the campus but it is always so worth it. His friends that he introduced to us are kind and compassionate people brimming with an intellectual aura. The instructors that walk by whenever I visit are certainly world class professionals. The campus itself is a magnificent architecture of grandeur.
Dartmouth has a great community, with supportive students and professors. The campus is beautiful and there are many resources available to students. I wish there had been less of an emphasis on Greek life and better career and advising services.
I loved Dartmouth from the minute I set foot here as a freshman. Very opening and friendly environment, and professors are high caliber educators. Everyone wants you to succeed and there are a variety of extracurriculars to get involved in.
Dartmouth is simply wonderful. It has such a wonderfully cozy and collaborative atmosphere, which combined with the unparalleled focus on undergraduate students makes it the best college there is. The only thing people should be aware of is that there will be a large number of wealthy students, so be prepared to face some new socioeconomic diversity. Overall, it is such a safe and fun college set in a beautiful part of the country!
I am a dual enrollment high school student who has taken one class at Dartmouth and hopes to take another one before I graduate. I had a very good experience in my class. The teacher was really nice and helpful and was willing to spend lots of time with the students to help. She encouraged questions and when she couldn't find time to help she had a TA there to help. One thing that would have made the experience better was there isn't a lot of parking accessible to commuting students so you would have to walk from far away parking lots.
Dartmouth is a unique place in that many colleges will never give you the freeing chance of focusing entirely on schooling in such a beautiful location. Rural location means fewer distractions and a better overall creative way of entertainment within a community.
The Dartmouth Experience - how we call it - is unlike any other. It allows you to challenge yourself in ways you never though possible. I do wish that mental health was talked about more, as I have struggled the past 2 years and have only recently received support from professors and staff.
Dartmouth has outstanding professors who make it a priority to interact with students. Dartmouth offers a superb education in a beautiful environment. The people are hearty, adventurous and authentic.
The atmosphere is extremely homey despite there always being a large workload. Everyone likes to include the entire student body in activities, and the staff like to get involved as well.
Excellent professors who engage individually with students, beautiful campus, diverse community, increasingly progressive, responsive to students, ideal for top-notch students who prefer nature over urban setting.
I thoroughly enjoyed my experience at Dartmouth College. If you are looking for professors who love to teach, a beautiful college campus, and a vibrant student body, Dartmouth is the place for you! There are also many outdoor opportunities to take advantage of.
Wow, my time at Dartmouth has gone by so fast! I have absolutely loved the last 3 years and there is still so much I haven't done yet! Everything is amazing here, but the Dorms could be a little better.
So far, I have thoroughly enjoyed my time at Dartmouth. The professors are amazing, and the students are genuine and kind. I would highly recommend Dartmouth to anyone who wants a stellar and memorable undergraduate experience. Go Big Green!
Lots of things to do on campus. Homecoming is fall highlight. D plan gives you flexibility for study abroad and internships away from campus.
Start Your Review of Dartmouth College
I am a current sophomore ('19), and I had a great freshman year, but I waited for this past Fall term to confirm that Dartmouth is, in fact, one of the best choices I have made in my life. Dartmouth has a small community in which everyone knows each other directly or through one degree of separation (which can be a pro and con at times!), but it's so easy to find a sense of self here and be integrated into a great community as well. Everyone knows stress levels are high, so hiding it does no good, but the community is incredibly supportive regardless.
Rages, but fire the pres and make the school less PC. The frats are great, perhaps the best in the nation
This College is amazing. School spirit and the general positive vibe is wonderfully balanced with intense academics. The highly invested, highly qualified professors and small, interesting classes are unique among peer research universities.