Dartmouth College Reviews

There were both positive and negative aspects of my undergraduate years at Dartmouth College. Beginning with enrollment and affordability, Dartmouth College gave me the best financial aid package in comparison to the schools I considered attending. The college did an excellent job of reaching out to answer questions, providing me with peer mentors before enrolling, and giving me the chance to tour the school (without having to pay for it myself). Regarding academics, Dartmouth's student to professor ratio is unmatched by most elite institutions. The ability to meet one on one with professors, enjoy small class sizes, and receive individualized attention in my classes is overall what made my experience and the cost of Dartmouth worth it. However, the college does not do an adequate job preparing or supporting students who come from less rigorous academic backgrounds. Many of the classes my peers had taken were subjects that were not even offered at my high school.
Love the tight-knit community; however this isn't a school for everyone, especially for those who prefer big cities and aren't interested in outdoor activities. Professors actually care about you and want you to succeed.
Has some awesome people, a very diverse group of individuals that know and accept one another. Very supportive community with awesome professors all around
Start Your Review of Dartmouth College
My experience at Dartmouth was medicinal. It is a luxurious campus surrounded by beautiful nature. The campus is huge, and the student population is small, making for a grand Dead Poet Society experience. This Ivy League school still sticks to traditional values and embraces strong outdoor activities. The courses are challenging and taught by the top minds on the planet. Don’t be surprised to have lunch with a head of state on Tuesday and have drinks with a top scholar on Thursday. This is what a college should be like.
Very challenging, but full of people that absolutely love their school. It truly feels like a home and everyone is so welcoming. The social life can be repetitive, but the nightlife is still fun and there are a ton of cool things to do near Hanover. Professors are fantastic, people are smart, and career support is top notch.
One thing that I love about Dartmouth is the tight nit community and the wonderful relationships I have established. I don't like how cutthroat the academic culture is and the unrealistic expectations.
Dartmouth College is more than what I expected when I began here a few years ago. Because of a health issue, I wasn't able to attend for 2 years and the college was very helpful and encouraging when I was able to return. Even though I was supposed to graduate in 2018 and now I'll graduate in 2020, I'm still a 2018. The classes are challenging (of course), but the professors are incredibly motivating and love what they do.
Dartmouth is a great combination of a very rigorous school and a fun place to live with great quality of life. People are extremely dedicated to schoolwork and to their extracurriculars, and students are really exceptional at whatever they do.
My favorite thing about Dartmouth is that we have a very strong school culture which helped me to transition from high school to college because I had all these weird Dartmouth traditions and practices that made me feel like I was a part of Dartmouth. In the future, I’d like to see Dartmouth make more of an effort to find ways to reach students who aren’t into the quirky Dartmouth traditions, because I think while these traditions are helpful for some students, other students may be a little overwhelmed by it and feel gen more isolated from Dartmouth, in conclusion, I would like to see Dartmouth actively engage students who are often marginalized and on the fringes of Dartmouth community.
I am about to embark on college life this fall, and although I have not experienced much of Dartmouth yet, it has been quite rewarding so far. I have already connected with a number of amazing people from all over the world, and have sampled a little of the vast course offerings at Dartmouth. i am super excited to begin my very first term in September!
Dartmouth is providing me with an unmatchable opportunity to pursue a prestigious education that will allow me to excel and exceed any and all expectations while accomplishing my goals.
Great school. I wish Dartmouth spent more of its endowment on housing. Dorms are pretty old, but there are lots of grants for students to start their own startups etc. Teaching is amazing, probably most undergraduate focused among the Ivies.
I like the small student body and faculty to student ratio, the small class sizes allow for greater classroom learning from peers and professors.
I think in the end, I look back and love the time I've spent at this school, because I've grown so much as a person compared to when I first got here: emotionally, socially, and academically. The school has given me many gifts of friendship and maturity, along with many challenges in the classroom and lab that have made me think about myself and my future goals. The professors here are generally amazing and make an honest effort to connect with students, no matter how many there are. Some even memorize everyone's names beforehand!!
I definitely ran into some really rough spots here, and the pre-med track is incredibly difficult at times, but all of my gratitude still goes to Dartmouth for an amazing four years.
Dartmouth was the best way I could imagine spending my formative years post-high school. The close knit community and sense of belonging I felt at this school was unparalleled, allowing me to connect with students and professors alike to enhance my learning. This is truly a college unlike any other, with traditions and lingo and an experience that is shared by every student who walks through campus. Not only is this what a college should look like, this is what a college should feel like—support at every turn and constant smiling faces around every corner. The College on the Hill is a transformative place.
When I was at Dartmouth not too long ago, we were ranked top 10, we had the Aires competing, Greek life was the best, academics was involving and fun, now to see where the school is, is just a pity.
I really enjoyed my four years here. The flexibility of the D-plan was a definite plus, and I got to explore way more classes and do a lot more things than I otherwise would have done, including study abroad and research. Also a wide variety of student organizations that are welcoming and allowed me to try many new things.
Start Your Review of Dartmouth College
Visiting the campus was a surreal experience. Coming from NYC, walking around Hanover and seeing the close knit community was amazing. Not only is the academics great, the culture and student life is alive and extremely active.
Nothing to change about Dartmouth. I absolutely love this place and people. Despite having a very harsh weather, the atmosphere is very warming.
Dartmouth is my uncle's alma mater, and I have therefore always visited it since I was a kid when visiting my uncle and aunt. Living in the heart of New Hampshire, it is a bit of a drive to get to the campus but it is always so worth it. His friends that he introduced to us are kind and compassionate people brimming with an intellectual aura. The instructors that walk by whenever I visit are certainly world class professionals. The campus itself is a magnificent architecture of grandeur.