Dallas Institute of Funeral Service Reviews

It is very clear from day one that every single faculty member at the school is invested in your success. The program is designed not only to prepare you as best as possible for the national board exams, but also to shape you into a well-rounded and knowledgeable funeral professional. The staff truly cares about every student's individual success and are willing to help every student succeed however they can. The only thing that is lacking with the school is communication. It can be exceedingly difficult to get responses from certain faculty and professors, which can get very frustrating. However, for the cost of the school and length/quality of the program, I am more than satisfied!
I am currently enrolled in the distance learning Associate of Applied Science program, and I am pleased with the program so far. The classes are difficult and require a lot of work and self-discipline, but as long as you put in the effort you should be able to pass with no problem. The courses are engaging and truly relate not only to funeral service in general but also to the families and situations we will face every day in the funeral profession. I truly feel like this program is helping to prepare me for my future in this field as well as for the national board exams. Every faculty member is willing to help students succeed. The only thing lacking is communication. Sometimes trying to get a response from certain professors or faculty members is ridiculously difficult.
All the teachers have been great so far. The administration has been very great with communication and willingness to answer questions and help in any way.
Start Your Review of Dallas Institute of Funeral Service
Its been a great experience. They are still pretty new at online, but they are great with communication if any bugs pop up. Teachers have all been great.
I unfortunately was a student here when COVID became an issue. So, I spent an entire quarter taking poorly executed online classes. Obviously, no one asked for this. However, the way this situation was handled was extremely problematic.

Money was returned only to those who receive financial aid, even though the CARE act was intended for all students. The DIFS administration decided to only divvy it up to those receiving aid. Despite the fact that this was a troublesome time for everyone.

Teachers were allowed to be irresponsible, with the excuse that this isn't ideal for any of us. Things were constantly being changed. For our exams, we were given an absurdly short amount of time to complete them to "prevent cheating." For example, this looks like 75 questions in 30 minutes.

Throughout all of this, we were still being charged premium rates of tuition.

This school will rob you. They do not care about your success or well being. My wallet is empty. I feel very let down by DIFS.
So DIFS is not a difficult school. Yes, it's an accelerated program, but if you're a competent, responsible person it is not difficult whatsoever. The work load is not what makes this school terrible. The teachers and administration are what make this school astronomically inferior.

Keep in mind, this does not include all of the staff. Mr. Brian Mullins and Mr. James Wilhelm are exceptional and influential educators at DIFS.

However, the remainder of the staff are careless, inconsiderate, and often times just flat out rude. They do not care about the success of their students. They show up because they get a paycheck-- that is very clear. They are extremely rigid when it comes to personal student accommodations and concerns. Teachers are extremely unprofessional and childish. Administration does not handle these situations whatsoever.

When coming to this school, be expected to be treated with disrespect, and get absolutely robbed, financially.

Beware.
I wouldn't recommend coming to this college. I feel they try to make you take your exit exams just so you can fail. If I could redo I would choose a different college. Even though I have passed all of my stuff I still feel it isn't fair.
Dallas Institute of Funeral Service is a top notch school. You can expect to be challenged with the shear volume of information from your classes that you take each quarter. Be prepared to learn and grow when you come to this school! The good thing is that the staff and instructors are there to assist you and provide all the resources that you need for success. The staff make it clear that they are here to serve you not only during your time as a student, but afterwards as well. You become part of an industry family when you come to this school!
1st quarter started out with 50 plus students. The 5th quarter was left with about 8 students from the 1st quarter. This place is meant to take your money, happiness and time. You have 10 classes a week. Only get a 2 week brea every 3 months. 3 or 4 exams a week , every week. This school isn’t for the AVERAGE college student. This school is for someone who already has ties to a funeral home to get immediately hired with actually good pay. I wish someone would had warned me about this school. And tuition isn’t 12,000.00 , it’s $3700 per quarter for 5 quarters for full program. $3700 * 5= $18,500. Theeeen if you fail a quarter you MUST pay the $3700 again and pay for classes you already even passed. This place is for profit only.
Still a junior at the college and absolutely love it, I've learned so much in such a short time and it's all for my passion. Staff and professors are very supportive, and great with guidance.Although, very fast paced it's a great environment to reach your goal of funeral directing and/or embalming. Fellow classmates, upper and lower classmen as well as alumni provide a different fresh perspective and are willing to help with just about anything if only asked because they know exactly what road your on.
The tuition isn't as costly as most other schools, $17,500 by the time I graduate. I haven't received any financial aid from the school yet.
It's a heavy workload, but the professors are nice and helpful. Curriculum is fast paced and every day we learn something new; we never spend a long time on the same subject.
There's no flexibility at this school. Classes are set from 7 a.m. to 12 p.m. so most of the work is done out of class. Since the work is so fast paced it makes it difficult to get all of it done on time. I have to work around my classes (i.e. studying, working, family, friends), but I have the weekends school free.
Heavy workload and fast paced classes, but I learn much more in a shorter time period. Because of the shorter classes and school day (7:00-12:00) I have more time to study at home and work.
Teachers are nice, professional, and very helpful. The other students on campus are friendly and easy to get along with. The classes are smaller so the teacher can individually work with all of us. It's an all around great environment to learn in.
Everything is always up and running clean and tidy...
Our library is a great resource center ....clean neat and very organized
Start Your Review of Dallas Institute of Funeral Service
The financial aid department in my school is wonderful and the staff has been very helpful in every way
I love the hours of classes. It leaves you with plenty of free time to study or have an after school job. I took some of the classes at a previous school that would not transfer, which was frustrating.
Unique Mortuary School – My school has great clubs you can join and seem to have very charitable organizations. Classes are fun and easy to participate in. The teachers are not only instructors, but also seem to be a friend.