Dallas Institute of Funeral Service Reviews

Dallas Institute of Funeral Service is a top notch school. You can expect to be challenged with the shear volume of information from your classes that you take each quarter. Be prepared to learn and grow when you come to this school! The good thing is that the staff and instructors are there to assist you and provide all the resources that you need for success. The staff make it clear that they are here to serve you not only during your time as a student, but afterwards as well. You become part of an industry family when you come to this school!
1st quarter started out with 50 plus students. The 5th quarter was left with about 8 students from the 1st quarter. This place is meant to take your money, happiness and time. You have 10 classes a week. Only get a 2 week brea every 3 months. 3 or 4 exams a week , every week. This school isn’t for the AVERAGE college student. This school is for someone who already has ties to a funeral home to get immediately hired with actually good pay. I wish someone would had warned me about this school. And tuition isn’t 12,000.00 , it’s $3700 per quarter for 5 quarters for full program. $3700 * 5= $18,500. Theeeen if you fail a quarter you MUST pay the $3700 again and pay for classes you already even passed. This place is for profit only.
Still a junior at the college and absolutely love it, I've learned so much in such a short time and it's all for my passion. Staff and professors are very supportive, and great with guidance.Although, very fast paced it's a great environment to reach your goal of funeral directing and/or embalming. Fellow classmates, upper and lower classmen as well as alumni provide a different fresh perspective and are willing to help with just about anything if only asked because they know exactly what road your on.
Start Your Review of Dallas Institute of Funeral Service
Never worked in the funeral home in my life never work in the funeral home never work with dead bodies in don't know how to close the casket
The tuition isn't as costly as most other schools, $17,500 by the time I graduate. I haven't received any financial aid from the school yet.
It's a heavy workload, but the professors are nice and helpful. Curriculum is fast paced and every day we learn something new; we never spend a long time on the same subject.
There's no flexibility at this school. Classes are set from 7 a.m. to 12 p.m. so most of the work is done out of class. Since the work is so fast paced it makes it difficult to get all of it done on time. I have to work around my classes (i.e. studying, working, family, friends), but I have the weekends school free.
Heavy workload and fast paced classes, but I learn much more in a shorter time period. Because of the shorter classes and school day (7:00-12:00) I have more time to study at home and work.
Teachers are nice, professional, and very helpful. The other students on campus are friendly and easy to get along with. The classes are smaller so the teacher can individually work with all of us. It's an all around great environment to learn in.
Everything is always up and running clean and tidy...
Our library is a great resource center ....clean neat and very organized
The financial aid department in my school is wonderful and the staff has been very helpful in every way
I love the hours of classes. It leaves you with plenty of free time to study or have an after school job. I took some of the classes at a previous school that would not transfer, which was frustrating.
Unique Mortuary School – My school has great clubs you can join and seem to have very charitable organizations. Classes are fun and easy to participate in. The teachers are not only instructors, but also seem to be a friend.
Mortuary School – So far I have really enjoyed attending my school. The hours are great and give you plenty of free time or time for an after school job. The teachers are very nice and personable. The classes are somewhat small so everyone seems to know you by name. There is a great student center and library. All of the staff if very helpful and it is obvious they want you to succeed. All of there aspects makes it easy to get up and go to school every morning.
The Longest Running – the school is accredited for being the longest running under one single management. the value of family and professionalism and high academia is what has kept the school open as well as the insight of others that believe such a school is needed and in the area it is located. also there are opther schools who have joined the academic family of professionals and also pride themselves on being part of the organization known as the Dallas Institute.