Dallas Baptist University Reviews

Very great place to learn spiritually, but Super expensive and a lot of mess up towards the student financial acccount
Dallas Baptist University is a wonderful school with a Christ-centered atmosphere. I am a part of the education program, and all of the professors and staff in this department are very friendly and invested in the lives and careers of the students.
3 Reasons Why DBU is NOT For You.

DBU is not for you if you like to
drink & party all the time. There are strict rules against alcohol on campus, which is bad for some and great for others.

You're not serious about your faith.
DBU is very serious about Christianity.
I have friends who went to TCU & SMU, both are not
Christ-centered in overall campus environment.
DBU integrates Christianity into almost every aspect
of the univ.

For EX: Professors begin class with prayer, most of staff is very helpful
in guiding you to grow in your faith. Chapel is required for all students.

You like big classes you can miss.
DBU is famous for small class sizes
are very personal. You dont get to be late without anyone noticing.
Class attendance = mandatory but you dont get marked up for being late
(Cough..UNT..cough)

BUT...

If you're serious about ur faith and growing to be the best person you can be physically, mentally and spiritually
DBU would be a perfect school for you!
Start Your Review of Dallas Baptist University
I love how welcoming everyone on campus is; students and staff. Walking around campus is very uplifting due to the smiles all around. The campus chapel is beautiful and definitely the best part.
Overall a good Christian school. However, everyone looks the same. Not much diversity. Can seem like people are a little stuck up if you are different and fit into the picture perfect person. The professors are nice but if you do not have to stay on campus do not. It is not worth the money and does not let them trick you by saying you will lose the Christain leadership scholarship. It is basically a wash and pays just for the dorm and food.
One word: Fowl. Disgusting male teachers in the science dept with sly sexist comments during lectures as well as pure neglect when it comes to advising. There are a few amazing teachers, but not enough to stay. They’re out for your money and don’t give a dang about their students. As a woman, I never felt heard. I was told I should stay in the kitchen because my grades were not great by a professor. Student workers seem to be pulling a push door. I came in a dedicated Christ follower, I left being scared to step back into church. I know Jesus loves me, but that was not reflected by a single staff member at DBU. (Minus a few) Hold on tight to your money, do not expect much from this university.
I transferred to Dallas Baptist University my sophomore year. Initially, I noticed that the campus was located in a great area of Dallas and the campus itself is beautiful. It is not too big and not too small, which is what I preferred. I quickly realized that the student workers on campus could not answer my questions about ANYTHING. I respect their dedication to working while in school but I could rarely receive a solid answer to my questions to the university. While I have had a great experience so far, I would recommend that student workers receive better training for their job positions.
The campus of Dallas Baptist University is beautiful and the people are so nice. Most of the professors are excellent and really care about each student. A major downside is that there isn't a football team and not a lot of students show up to the other sporting events. Doesn't seem like there's a lot of school pride.
Honestly, this is one of the best schools I could have chosen to attend. It is a perfect balance in so many ways between academics, student life, campus scenery, and culture. A vast majority of the students and staff are wonderful people who make great lifelong friends and mentors. While the smaller campus size at DBU may not be for everyone, it more than makes up for it in every other aspect.
I love this school! The teachers really care about you. Sometimes school feels like "camp", but you will never feel more loved!
My experience was amazing !! My professors were incredibly helpful , they treated me like family . I learned so many valuable lessons from them . I created wonderful friendships that will last lifelong . The entire staff and school makes you feel welcomed , wanted and loved !
I've found two major downsides to DBU. Cost, and space. Cost makes sense because it's a PRIVATE university, so it WILL be expensive. And housing space is low, which doesn't make much sense considering how much land DBU has. BUT, other than these two things (cost also including some wonky things with the rent pricing) DBU is an amazing school. All of my professors that I've had truly care about each of their students, make a point to learn your name, and want you to succeed, so they're willing to help you. The people here are wonderful and the campus is beautiful. The classes (most of them) are Christ-centered and many professors pray before and/or after class. I love this university and it's been a blessing receiving the quality education you get for the price you pay. Plus we have D1 Baseball in a D2 school and it's my favorite sport, so it's a really good past-time.
I love it here. Professors truly care about you as a human and take the time to get to know you outside of an academic stance.
The school is beautiful and the professors are very passionate about the courses they teach. Being able to discuss our Christian views was great and overall this has been a great experience. I've met some smart and talented people during my journey here. If you have to take Literature make sure you take Professor Leigh Hickman she's the best I loved her class.
I love the campus, it is a very beautiful campus. As soon as you walk on the campus you can feel the Holy Spirit radiating off of it. Everyone is very friendly, and you are able to make friends very quickly.
The professors are very involved and committed to seeing students succeed. They are available through multiple outlets for questions or concerns.
Everyone is very welcoming and as a senior in High School, my visit made me feel like I was home. I really love how everything is centered around Christ and how willing the professors are in putting an effort in your success. I really see Dallas Baptist as an amazing school.
Start Your Review of Dallas Baptist University
My Experience with Dallas Baptist so far has been exceptional, I am going to attend the University in the fall to study and play soccer and I'm super excited! The campus is gorgeous with first class facilities, all the coaches that I've met are great as well as the professors and the all around feeling I get when I'm on campus is amazing. The students there have been super helpful to me with any questions I've had so far and seem like great people that I can't wait to be around for the next four years. All in all Dallas Baptist University is a lovely place with a great campus and even better people and I'm super excited I picked them to be the place I spend the next four years at.
I went on a college and the campus was beautiful. It was also a sunny day that day so you could really see the beauty in the sunlight. The tour guides were very nice and gave us the full Dallas Baptist experience. And the fact that it’s religious and moral based lets me know that they are more than a college. I totally recommend going on a tour.
The majority of DBU professors work with students to ensure their knowledge and understanding of the material. Most all of the professors have had prior work experience or currently working in the field of study.