Dallas Baptist University Reviews

I have been blessed to receive three degrees from DBU. My most memorable moment is seeing how Christ-centered the entire college is.
DBU is Home! The people are so welcoming, the atmosphere is so relaxing, and the campus is gorgeous!! DBU is a Christ centered school, that desires and helps their student's strive to seek the Lord not just in school, but their future careers. Attending DBU allows me to gain a Christ Centered education that will one day advance my career in Christian Counseling!
After my first visit to DBU I knew I would love attending the school to get my degree. Its distance from home, student size, and Kinesiology program fit perfectly into what I wanted. The university has thousands of students yet it feels small enough to be like a community and just run into people you know constantly. In the few short months I've been here on campus I have made the best memories and have gained more insight and academic material than I expected.
Start Your Review of Dallas Baptist University
I'm very unhappy at this school and I've been since day one. This place will cover up incidents to maintain their perfect image which is dangerous and dishonest. They will make the victim feel as though they're at fault. The upper administration and campus police are wolves in sheep's clothing and will cover up anything with a lie even though they're Christians. I attended a non religious based community college before going here and let me say this: they have a better grasp of morals than this evil place. Anyone who sees this review, this school is not what you think. Throwing baptist in the name is bait for naive newcomers. This school is especially not for minorities, but for conservatives with static perspectives. Please do your research and by leaving this review I'm doing my duty to help with that. I've met other black students who left here because they see and know what I see and know. I also see other people who give one star and they're not lying.
The campus is breathing taking. The professors are wonderful and willing to work with you on everything!
Definitely a positive experience here so far. The professors are very personal. Some of the programs are not very good but for the most part they are good. The university definitely needs to put more of its money into the students education rather than into stupid programs or architecture.
I will be giving you the most honest review of DBU you will ever hear. I personally hate it and will be transferring at the end of my first semester. I am a Christian, but let me tell you they are not playing about "christ centered learning" such as in my first week all five of my professors had some form of an antiabortion rant. I have so many horror stories I can't even list them all from a chapel speaker calling all hispanics "rapists and drug dealers" to an entire month's curriculum titled "the evils of homosexuals." Every single Christian conservative stereotype is evident here and I have heard some of the most ignorant and hateful things come out of the professors and students mouths. Every class is integrated with heavy religious undertones (even in something like math?!?) I feel like I am getting a theology degree by force. Simple as this, if you go to church every Sunday, are EXTREMELY conservative, and love Trump go to DBU, if not run away!
This was not my first choice for school, but I am so glad I came here! The campus is BEAUTIFUL, the teachers and staff are all so amazing and nice, and the whole atmosphere is great.
If you have any christian background or want to pursue your education with a christian background this is right for you. Beautiful campus and wonderful staff.
Everyone at DBU is really nice and friendly. It's a great place to integrate your studies with a Christian world view. There's a diversity of study selections with awesome professors. Classes are small enough that you can really get to know your professor and classmates enough and work with them if you need help.
Awesome, fun filled place. It is also comfy and makes you just feel at home. Somewhere you can thrive as well because it's not too big.
I love Dallas Baptist because they people who work here will do everything in their power to help you reach your goals and encourage you to purse your desires. DBU is a place where everyone is there to support you through your college career. It is a genuine school where they make you feel welcomed and accepted. They variety of majors to choose from is also a nice perk because if you want to change you major it is very likely that they will have the option you are looking for.
Great Campus, everything is picture worthy.
Everyone on campus is very nice and professors are truly interested in helping students out.
This school has been such a blessing in my life. The professors make the classroom not only informal, but engaging. They relate everything back to Christ which is so important at a Christian university. I would recommend DBU to anyone and everyone!
I LOVE DBU! I wanted to attend DBU since the 7th grade and it has more than surpassed my expectations! The small class sizes with professors who truly care about you and your spiritual and academic growth are the most important aspects to me. I've developed some incredible friendships and there are tons of things to do on campus. Then there's the beauty of the campus!
I have had such a positive experience at DBU. First off, being a Christ-centered environment is such a blessing. There are many people around me that have the same faith I do and that is cool to see coming from a public school before DBU. also, the professors are just awesome. The professors care so much about you and care about your relationship with them. It makes school easier when you can build a personal relationship with your professor.
Great university! I wouldn't be pursuing my masters and doctorate if I had not attended and graduated here. Private tuition costs make attending this university fairly hard to maintain. Would like to see affordability of attendance be a bit more realistic.
Start Your Review of Dallas Baptist University
If you're looking for a good education without going bankrupt then DBU is not the place for you. The cashier's office and financial aid will screw you over and do everything in their power to make you pay for their mistakes. Some of the teachers truly do care about you and because of that I'm giving 2 stars instead of 1 star but some of the worst teachers I've ever seen teach at DBU and make me think to myself "I paid three credit hours for this???" Chapels are a hit and miss because sometimes DBU gets crazy people to give crazy sermons. And a lot of the people are shallow and self obsessed hypocrites. This is the most expensive church camp you'll ever go to. Plus the food is terrible, Sodexo does all catering and runs every food outlet on campus even the CHIC FIL A (which is obviously a sin).
DBU is a great university. The teachers there are absolutely wonderful. The Christ-centered education makes school a lot more enjoyable and it helps you grow in your faith along with getting an top tier degree from a quality university.
With the exception of the cost, my experience has been okay. I think I am a pretty good student and work very hard to get the best possible grade so I've only had one bad experience where I felt I received the wrong grade.