Dallas Baptist University Reviews

While I visited Dallas Baptist University, the staff made me feel like it was already my home away from home. The campus is big, but the staff do not treat you like you are just a number. They want you succeed in every way possible. In my search for my perfect college I found that DBU is the best place not just for my academics but it is not so far away from home that I will get homesick. The bad apart attending such a big university is that it can get overwelming at times. A small town girl like myself is not used to the city life yet. But with the help of my fellow peers and teachers, I know that my home away from home can be perfect.
From the moment I applied as a transfer student, DBU made the process very easy and welcoming. I am grateful for their support in that process as well as helping find grants and scholarships. I would like to see communication between staff and students to improve. There were so many changes in staff, that it made it hard to keep up with. At one point I was not aware that my advisor had retired.
I went to a camp during the summer of 2017 for student athletes and I have to say I was really impressed with the school. Although I was just visiting for that week, I felt like I was a part of the school. I was staying in the dorms and actually walking around the campus, and sometimes wander off to walk around and admire the view. The buildings are just gorgeous and the fact that I got to get a taste of what my mother saw when she went to DBU. I would definitely consider going here in the future.
Start Your Review of Dallas Baptist University
Dallas Baptist is an extremely Christain school. One should know this when applying to this campus. I grew up in the church and have practice the Christain religion my entire life. After 19 years, it is easy for one to naively think that they know all there is to know about something. That is kind of what I thought about Christainity. But of course, I was very wrong and if you decide to go to Dallas Baptist University you will gain an extraordinary ability to grow in your faith.
Dallas Baptist University is a great school that has a lot to offer. First of all, it is one of the most beautiful campuses I have ever seen and not many campuses can compare to the beauty of their campus. They have a ton of high-quality programs that are well respected all around the world and their Professors are very kind and they are very willing to help answer any questions you have. On multiple occasions, I have been able to ask my Professors for clarification or help on a project and they have helped me succeed every time I needed help. The Student Life on campus is excellent as well. There are so many incredible people who love God and are very friendly towards everyone they meet. It makes for a great atmosphere and allows me to feel at home when I am on campus. It is an expensive school and there is not much around campus unless you drive a bit, but it is an excellent school and I am proud to be a student a Dallas Baptist University.
Going to DBU has been one of the greatest decisions I ever made. I am receiving a great, Christ-centered education from faculty who really care about me. The students are friendly and it is unlike any college I have ever been to or heard about.
I transferred into DBU this past fall semester and so far it has been a great experience. I have made many friends that share my same values. There are many ways to get involved on campus and other programs.
I have been blessed to receive three degrees from DBU. My most memorable moment is seeing how Christ-centered the entire college is.
DBU is Home! The people are so welcoming, the atmosphere is so relaxing, and the campus is gorgeous!! DBU is a Christ centered school, that desires and helps their student's strive to seek the Lord not just in school, but their future careers. Attending DBU allows me to gain a Christ Centered education that will one day advance my career in Christian Counseling!
After my first visit to DBU I knew I would love attending the school to get my degree. Its distance from home, student size, and Kinesiology program fit perfectly into what I wanted. The university has thousands of students yet it feels small enough to be like a community and just run into people you know constantly. In the few short months I've been here on campus I have made the best memories and have gained more insight and academic material than I expected.
I'm very unhappy at this school and I've been since day one. This place will cover up incidents to maintain their perfect image which is dangerous and dishonest. They will make the victim feel as though they're at fault. The upper administration and campus police are wolves in sheep's clothing and will cover up anything with a lie even though they're Christians. I attended a non religious based community college before going here and let me say this: they have a better grasp of morals than this evil place. Anyone who sees this review, this school is not what you think. Throwing baptist in the name is bait for naive newcomers. This school is especially not for minorities, but for conservatives with static perspectives. Please do your research and by leaving this review I'm doing my duty to help with that. I've met other black students who left here because they see and know what I see and know. I also see other people who give one star and they're not lying.
The campus is breathing taking. The professors are wonderful and willing to work with you on everything!
Definitely a positive experience here so far. The professors are very personal. Some of the programs are not very good but for the most part they are good. The university definitely needs to put more of its money into the students education rather than into stupid programs or architecture.
I will be giving you the most honest review of DBU you will ever hear. I personally hate it and will be transferring at the end of my first semester. I am a Christian, but let me tell you they are not playing about "christ centered learning" such as in my first week all five of my professors had some form of an antiabortion rant. I have so many horror stories I can't even list them all from a chapel speaker calling all hispanics "rapists and drug dealers" to an entire month's curriculum titled "the evils of homosexuals." Every single Christian conservative stereotype is evident here and I have heard some of the most ignorant and hateful things come out of the professors and students mouths. Every class is integrated with heavy religious undertones (even in something like math?!?) I feel like I am getting a theology degree by force. Simple as this, if you go to church every Sunday, are EXTREMELY conservative, and love Trump go to DBU, if not run away!
This was not my first choice for school, but I am so glad I came here! The campus is BEAUTIFUL, the teachers and staff are all so amazing and nice, and the whole atmosphere is great.
If you have any christian background or want to pursue your education with a christian background this is right for you. Beautiful campus and wonderful staff.
Everyone at DBU is really nice and friendly. It's a great place to integrate your studies with a Christian world view. There's a diversity of study selections with awesome professors. Classes are small enough that you can really get to know your professor and classmates enough and work with them if you need help.
Start Your Review of Dallas Baptist University
Awesome, fun filled place. It is also comfy and makes you just feel at home. Somewhere you can thrive as well because it's not too big.
I love Dallas Baptist because they people who work here will do everything in their power to help you reach your goals and encourage you to purse your desires. DBU is a place where everyone is there to support you through your college career. It is a genuine school where they make you feel welcomed and accepted. They variety of majors to choose from is also a nice perk because if you want to change you major it is very likely that they will have the option you are looking for.
Great Campus, everything is picture worthy.
Everyone on campus is very nice and professors are truly interested in helping students out.