Dallas Baptist University Reviews

Amazing God bless this school. I really think the expirience was a good one this is my dream school and I would love to be part of this amazing program
Dallas Baptist is an amazing college. The campus is beautiful. They have awesome events, like the tree lighting in December on campus. Everyone is friendly and helpful. I love the small classroom sizes, and online classes. The professors are easy to access and very helpful. The only thing I would like to see is more diversity. The food is amazing the have chick-fil-a, moo-yah burger, starbucks, and a cafe on campus. I especially love the Barnes N Noble book store on campus. I always feel safe on campus, I go to evening classes so the campus is well lit. DBU seems to be its own little community, I have been to to other colleges and DBU is my favorite thus far.
I have been a student at DBU since 2011. I have enjoyed my time there, and I am thankful for the staff and faculty that have supported my journey. My only complaint would be that most professors have been there too long, and there is nothing new to their lectures or teaching techniques. Many do not know how to use technology in the classroom, and have not updated their required books in twenty years.
Start Your Review of Dallas Baptist University
They are very informative and have a Beautiful campus. The student life is great and close to a large city
This university really helped me grow as a person. I was able to work on campus while taking classes as well. I learned a lot about my degree as well as what it was like to actually work. They really equip their students for life outside of school.
Dallas Baptist university is really good private institution that makes you feel like part of the family. Dallas Baptist University is a Christ Center school that pushes you to get to Lord and to always put God first in all aspect of your life. One thing that i do not like about the university is the lack scholarship opportunities. Scholarships are very limited for the money that you pay.
Very great place to learn spiritually, but Super expensive and a lot of mess up towards the student financial acccount
Dallas Baptist University is a wonderful school with a Christ-centered atmosphere. I am a part of the education program, and all of the professors and staff in this department are very friendly and invested in the lives and careers of the students.
3 Reasons Why DBU is NOT For You.

DBU is not for you if you like to
drink & party all the time. There are strict rules against alcohol on campus, which is bad for some and great for others.

You're not serious about your faith.
DBU is very serious about Christianity.
I have friends who went to TCU & SMU, both are not
Christ-centered in overall campus environment.
DBU integrates Christianity into almost every aspect
of the univ.

For EX: Professors begin class with prayer, most of staff is very helpful
in guiding you to grow in your faith. Chapel is required for all students.

You like big classes you can miss.
DBU is famous for small class sizes
are very personal. You dont get to be late without anyone noticing.
Class attendance = mandatory but you dont get marked up for being late
(Cough..UNT..cough)

BUT...

If you're serious about ur faith and growing to be the best person you can be physically, mentally and spiritually
DBU would be a perfect school for you!
I love how welcoming everyone on campus is; students and staff. Walking around campus is very uplifting due to the smiles all around. The campus chapel is beautiful and definitely the best part.
Overall a good Christian school. However, everyone looks the same. Not much diversity. Can seem like people are a little stuck up if you are different and fit into the picture perfect person. The professors are nice but if you do not have to stay on campus do not. It is not worth the money and does not let them trick you by saying you will lose the Christain leadership scholarship. It is basically a wash and pays just for the dorm and food.
One word: Fowl. Disgusting male teachers in the science dept with sly sexist comments during lectures as well as pure neglect when it comes to advising. There are a few amazing teachers, but not enough to stay. They’re out for your money and don’t give a dang about their students. As a woman, I never felt heard. I was told I should stay in the kitchen because my grades were not great by a professor. Student workers seem to be pulling a push door. I came in a dedicated Christ follower, I left being scared to step back into church. I know Jesus loves me, but that was not reflected by a single staff member at DBU. (Minus a few) Hold on tight to your money, do not expect much from this university.
I transferred to Dallas Baptist University my sophomore year. Initially, I noticed that the campus was located in a great area of Dallas and the campus itself is beautiful. It is not too big and not too small, which is what I preferred. I quickly realized that the student workers on campus could not answer my questions about ANYTHING. I respect their dedication to working while in school but I could rarely receive a solid answer to my questions to the university. While I have had a great experience so far, I would recommend that student workers receive better training for their job positions.
The campus of Dallas Baptist University is beautiful and the people are so nice. Most of the professors are excellent and really care about each student. A major downside is that there isn't a football team and not a lot of students show up to the other sporting events. Doesn't seem like there's a lot of school pride.
Honestly, this is one of the best schools I could have chosen to attend. It is a perfect balance in so many ways between academics, student life, campus scenery, and culture. A vast majority of the students and staff are wonderful people who make great lifelong friends and mentors. While the smaller campus size at DBU may not be for everyone, it more than makes up for it in every other aspect.
I love this school! The teachers really care about you. Sometimes school feels like "camp", but you will never feel more loved!
My experience was amazing !! My professors were incredibly helpful , they treated me like family . I learned so many valuable lessons from them . I created wonderful friendships that will last lifelong . The entire staff and school makes you feel welcomed , wanted and loved !
Start Your Review of Dallas Baptist University
I've found two major downsides to DBU. Cost, and space. Cost makes sense because it's a PRIVATE university, so it WILL be expensive. And housing space is low, which doesn't make much sense considering how much land DBU has. BUT, other than these two things (cost also including some wonky things with the rent pricing) DBU is an amazing school. All of my professors that I've had truly care about each of their students, make a point to learn your name, and want you to succeed, so they're willing to help you. The people here are wonderful and the campus is beautiful. The classes (most of them) are Christ-centered and many professors pray before and/or after class. I love this university and it's been a blessing receiving the quality education you get for the price you pay. Plus we have D1 Baseball in a D2 school and it's my favorite sport, so it's a really good past-time.
I love it here. Professors truly care about you as a human and take the time to get to know you outside of an academic stance.
The school is beautiful and the professors are very passionate about the courses they teach. Being able to discuss our Christian views was great and overall this has been a great experience. I've met some smart and talented people during my journey here. If you have to take Literature make sure you take Professor Leigh Hickman she's the best I loved her class.