Dakota Wesleyan University Reviews

The college was great for it pushed a student to try their best and drive harder to have great expectations. Although some professors did not encourage a student but discouraged them, telling them they were not good enough or they were not fit to the degree they were achieving. The certain professors were very negative.
I think DWU is a very nice school. The staff is so nice and friendly. They will help you with any problem you may face while in college.
My Accounting advisor is very active in helping students
Review Dakota Wesleyan University
The professors all have great credentials for their topics
The safety on campus is great, it is when the students go off campus that the problems occur
I am a light sleeper so living in the dorms is not ideal for me
There are no greek housing available and I don't think there is a Greek life club
Almost every student that attends Dakota Wesleyan is involved in some sport, sometimes multiple.
Dakota Wesleyan is small and almost every student is involved in some way
We do a lot of hands on projects, where we integrate what we are learning in the classroom into a project in the community. I love the opportunity of getting to work with organizations in my field of study. I am very confident I will find a job post graduation or at least have a quality enough resume to get into graduate school.
Our gen ed classes have 20-25 students. Depending on your major there are class sizes of 5-6 students. The small class sizes holds the student and the professors more accountable. It also assures we can slow down or speed up the course depending on the students needs.
Perks of a small town and a small campus, Dakota Wesleyan is a very safe space to be. I still lock my car doors at night, but I can leave my door room unlocked and never fear walking home from the library at midnight.
The vibe of the freshman dorms are amazing. Doors are open, there are always opportunities to socialize. Upper classman dorm, it is still clean and welcoming, but doesn't have the same freshman energy..
Basketball and football games are great to go to, both teams are fairly successful. Some of our more successful sports on campus don't draw a huge fan base, but they bring in a lot of wins - golf and track.
Staff and faculty will go out their way for you. The don't treat you like just another student paying their paycheck, in no time you become family. The faculty goes out of their way to make it to sporting events, musical concerts,and theater performance.
Throughout my time at Dakota Wesleyan University, I have seen sicknesses come through the dorms, and have even seen death visit the dorms. However, it is of paramount importance to point out how these unavoidable things were dealt with. They were dealt with professionalism and speed. Campus security is tight as to provide safety but not so tight as to restrict your lifestyle. The police are always ready to come and take care of a situation if the need be, but in the end, it's not needed because the community of the college regulates itself.
Dakota Wesleyan University has a placement rate for its students into real-world jobs that's in the 90th percentile. It is almost guaranteed that when you graduate you will find a job. But then you will also be part of a huge network of alumni which talk and get back together frequently. You truly never leave the DWU family.
Review Dakota Wesleyan University
The classes which are offered by the school encourage a sense of adventure! They challenge you to try new things and to explore new avenues of yourself. There is such a variety that you can take classes that are all in your specialty field and yet still cover most of your Gen-Eds. The professors are there for you. They don't grade down in you disagree with them and they are willing to be flexible with how the class learns and completes projects.
Although the buildings are not all the newest, they have been maintained nicely and provide - surprisingly - nice living quarters. The housing helps to cultivate togetherness among the residences of the halls and helps to make a family out of them. Campus Housing also forces you to learn how to deal with others and how to get through trying situations.
Greek life is truly non-existent at Dakota Wesleyan University, but that is somewhat a good thing. Although once a part of the campus, Greek Life's absence has lead to a new unity in the school and has helped bring the students together as a single, equal student body.