1. Madison, SD
  2. 4 Year

Dakota State University Reviews

Dakota State University is a small college in a small town in a small state in the greater United States. However, there are students from all around the world, teachers and professors from all around the country, and staff who are kind and know exactly what to do in any situation.
I believe it is good.
I had a good experience.
  • College Sophomore
  • Value
Im not sure, I do online classes.
  • College Sophomore
  • Housing
I do not know, I don't go to school on campus.
I'm not a traditional student so I don't know.
I have had a good experience at DSU.
They take a very active role in making sure students have a safe space to go in case something happens. They also provide a lot of awareness for students.
The admissions process was great! As a transfer student, you were put into a separate section than other incoming freshmen. They also gave you a separate advisor to help you through the transition process and checked up on you repeatedly throughout the first semester.
  • College Senior
  • Value
I don't participate much in the athletic programs, but they are enjoyable to watch and taken very seriously here.
Best transfer decision I ever made. A much better fit.
we don't have Greek life
Its small but very detail oriented
My preference was a small and quiet college with a small student to teacher ratio, and DSU was it. The teaching staff here are very keen to what they teach, and each student receives the help they need in order to maintain high grades. The variety of classes offered was actually pretty good considering this is a smaller college. Technology and teaching education are what make DSU stand out.
More than 90% of the graduating students from DSU land a job right out of college. The college offers job fairs quite frequently for the students, and the offered majors at DSU are in increasing demand as time goes on.
  • College Student
  • 11 months ago
  • Value
Never was there a passing moment in which I felt unsafe at DSU. A nice, small, and quiet community adds to the serenity of the campus.
The dorm rooms were pretty small, but not uncomfortably small. There was a nice table in the rooms for the two students to work at comfortably. The distance to the classes was just a short walk away, as well as to the dining services.
  • College Student
  • 11 months ago
  • Housing
Class size is very competitive, with no more than a 20:1 student to teacher ratio. The advisers at the school are very knowledgeable and helpful. I would definitely choose DSU as my primary school.
The team performance wasn't one of the greatest, but the school spirit always remains high in respect for the teams.
Crime is relatively low on campus - I have not had any problems with safety since going to DSU. The residence buildings are on complete lockdown after 5pm unless students have a biometric scan on file, so going to buildings after hours is always secure too. There are security personnel on campus day and night to ensure student safety, and I feel very safe on this campus. Of course, as a female, walking alone anywhere at night makes me wary, but at DSU I feel confident and comfortable walking across campus. Naturally I still exercise reasonable precaution, but it never hurts to be prepared. Either way, DSU is an extremely safe campus.