Daemen College Reviews

Three years in Daemen College and I cannot get enough. As I face my upcoming senior year, I can only think about my first time arriving to Daemen and getting to know the campus. Although the campus may not be as big as other colleges and universities, student life makes up for it by providing different sorts of activities to do around campus. Class average is decent size as well as professors are very warm and welcoming. Though diversity is average in Daemen, clubs such as Hispanos y Latinos Unidos and the African Student Association welcome students to learn more about the culture and plan student events and fundraisers. The city of Amherst is very quiet, a friendly neighborhood, and filled with activities to do. I would definitely recommend for high school students to look at this college as a consideration seeing as the school does cater to a wide range of majors and minors as well as sports and clubs for students to have a great time!
Daemen is an excellent private college. The professors are all genuine, and know all of their students. They are flexible when it comes to needing them for help. The campus architecture is pretty, while the campus itself is small and simple.
The campus is small, everyone knows everyone. The ratio of staff to students is excellent. I love the small community feel, and there isn't many parties which is good! I love it!
Start Your Review of Daemen College
Daemen is good, however there are part which aren’t so good. For instance, lack of school spirit within athletics. No Greek life and no party scene. Nonetheless, the vibe and safety of the students is awesome. Recommend.
I have had a great experience with Daemen. The majority of the professors care about you and your work and will go the extra mile to assist you. The location is superb, close to the city of Buffalo for easy access to restaurants and cafes, but being far enough away that the campus always feels safe. I have never felt as if I was in danger while walking back to my dorm at night. I know many people look for the typical college experience with parties and if this is what your heart is set on Daemen may not be right for you. But if you’re looking for a body of hardworking students then you would fit right in. One downside of Daemen is that most of the students are commuters so during the weekends the school feels like empty since no one is around. Sometimes however, having a desolate campus during the weekend is a saving grace, and you can focus more on work. Despite some flaws, I would recommend Daemen to someone looking to have a more intimate experience during their college career.
This school is horrible. They don't care about you, they just want your money. Food is horrible, dorms are horrible, classes are too hot or too cold, so many of the professors are terrible t explaining the material, and then act like it is your fault for not understanding. They stick you with people you have nothing in common with in dorms, which are broken down and tiny.
Daemen College is a small private college that is located in Amherst NY. The business building where most of my class are, is a fairly new building with a great interior. The athletic facility such as main basketball court is in a terrible place and is located where some of the offices are, the library, and some classroom. The teacher have a unique way of teaching you but they have all experience what they are teaching.
I love this college it's nice and small and I really get all the help that I could possibly ask for!
If you are looking for a small, quiet campus in a city setting, then Daemen is the place for you. The main thing I like about Daemen is how small it is, I feel like this allows for more personal interaction with many different people on campus. Also I have not met one mean or nasty person at Daemen, everyone comes into work and has a positive attitude everyday.
Daemen has a very calm and collective culture. If you’re coming to party and have fun this isn’t the school for you. The courses and the professors are really great. It’s not very diverse just yet but they’re getting there. They don’t tolerate any form of bullying or hate crimes so if you’re a person of color or part of the LGBTQ community you’ll be fine here. Overall this is a great place for introverts to flourish.
I like that the professors get to know you by name and that they try to help you as much as possible. More parking would be great. Better food should be provided for students!
Overall, I have had a positive experience at Daemen College. I was a warm and welcoming environment with very small class sizes (never more than twenty). The professors care about you academically and as an overall person. The Education Department is small and a great place to be! I had a great time.
I love the tight nit community and the professors.The school is 100% worth your time, attention, and schooling responsibilities. The people are friendly and happy all the time, they are not rude or snotty. I have made many friends by going to this college and love it.
I will be attending Daemen in the fall of 2018. I am very excited about this next step in my life and I feel like at Daemen I will be able to step outside of my comfort zone and explore new things.
It is a very academic focused school, and the classes are very challenging. The departments are small, and faculty focus on helping you understand concepts. That being said, social life is boring and the food is awful. Also because coursework is so rigorous, you really have to apply yourself otherwise you will find it very difficult to succeed here.
I decided to go to Daemen College since it was very far away from my hometown . I wanted a new scenery and Daemen was perfect for it! It's a small campus fit for introverts and extroverts . No one is judged , everyone is fully accepted and I was able to be an Orientation Leader for it ! I absolutely adore Daemen and the professors . The professors are splendid and care for each of their students . Daemen tries their best to make everyone happy and I appreciate it . Plus , the food is pretty good .
Daemen has great faculty and staff who are committed towards your education and future success. With small class sizes, professors are able to give you the attention you deserve. The campus is quite small and has a very modern feel. Daemen has a family element that most college/universities simply can't offer due to size and scope of students.
Start Your Review of Daemen College
Daemen has incredible educational programs that prepare students very well for their future. However, this campus is not very large and does not have the best food, student life, or opportunities to get involved with clubs and activities. This is overall a good school, I would just like to see more opportunities created for students to engage in extracurricular activities.
D.C has a nice student to professor ratio. The student center helped me out a lot throughout my college career. The cost of attendance is high, still left with high debt after financial aid and scholarships.
Daemen College is a very safe, small, friendly campus. Although there are not a lot of scholarship options for art students. Under an art degree, academics are on the more challenging side for me. Keeping an academic scholarship is a struggle since there are limited art scholarships available.