Daemen College is ...
NCAA Division II (without football)
East Coast Conference
Daemen College Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- Affordable fixed or variable rates
- No application, origination or disbursement fees
- Loans from community lenders that put people before profits
- Easy, online app with ability to add a cosigner in minutes
- Simple, straightforward student loans with an easy application
- Flexible repayment options, and strong borrower protections
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.23 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.25 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.25 responses
Most Popular Majors
Natural Sciences109 Graduates
Health Service Preparatory Studies33 Graduates
Foods, Nutrition, and Wellness Studies30 Graduates
Social Work and Youth Services28 Graduates
Graphic Design16 Graduates
Liberal Arts and Humanities13 Graduates
Special Education and Teaching11 Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.37 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.35 responses
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.20 responses
Daemen College Reviews
Three years in Daemen College and I cannot get enough. As I face my upcoming senior year, I can only think about my first time arriving to Daemen and getting to know the campus. Although the campus may not be as big as other colleges and universities, student life makes up for it by providing different sorts of activities to do around campus. Class average is decent size as well as professors are very warm and welcoming. Though diversity is average in Daemen, clubs such as Hispanos y Latinos Unidos and the African Student Association welcome students to learn more about the culture and plan student events and fundraisers. The city of Amherst is very quiet, a friendly neighborhood, and filled with activities to do. I would definitely recommend for high school students to look at this college as a consideration seeing as the school does cater to a wide range of majors and minors as well as sports and clubs for students to have a great time!
Overall, I have had a positive experience at Daemen College. I was a warm and welcoming environment with very small class sizes (never more than twenty). The professors care about you academically and as an overall person. The Education Department is small and a great place to be! I had a great time.
I have had a great experience with Daemen. The majority of the professors care about you and your work and will go the extra mile to assist you. The location is superb, close to the city of Buffalo for easy access to restaurants and cafes, but being far enough away that the campus always feels safe. I have never felt as if I was in danger while walking back to my dorm at night. I know many people look for the typical college experience with parties and if this is what your heart is set on Daemen may not be right for you. But if you’re looking for a body of hardworking students then you would fit right in. One downside of Daemen is that most of the students are commuters so during the weekends the school feels like empty since no one is around. Sometimes however, having a desolate campus during the weekend is a saving grace, and you can focus more on work. Despite some flaws, I would recommend Daemen to someone looking to have a more intimate experience during their college career.