CUNY York College Reviews

Although, it was quite some time ago, my experience at CUNY York was pretty great mentally and physically. It provided growth through my teens into early adult years. The staff were extremely supportive especially my SEEK advisor and a few of my teacher. I have a disability which sometime required extra time and extra mental strength. With God center in my life and very supportive mentors, advisors and teachers I was able to accomplish my goal of graduating. Unfortunately, not with the grades I was aiming for but I am still proud to be a graduate of York college.
I'm not sure what changes were made or how many staff I personally had the pleasure of connecting with are still on payroll. One thing is for sure, the support is definitely there for an undergraduate.
I like the location because the close to all types of transportation which is easily accessible. I would like to see physical improvements and better/ more campus opportunities/ classes for the 9-5 working class students.
CUNY York College is an organized campus where the resources are easy to find. I know that teachers looks out for their student as long as the student is doing their part in terms of academic. One of the best parts about this school is that it is located in one of the 5 boroughs which is Queens. Therefore, commuting shouldn’t be a problem.
Start Your Review of CUNY York College
I've been attending CUNY York College for a year now as freshman and it is a very unorganized school. Schedule changes happen frequently and out of the blue. Also, the classrooms, bathrooms, and computers, need to be updated.
I attended CUNY York College for 2 semesters. I loved the campus and that the school offers so many resources for financial aid, counseling, and extra help with various class subjects.
CUNY York College is a fairly large college, with many different majors that one could take interest in. Not only that, the staff and teachers are knowledge, knowing what they are doing 100% of the time if you need help in classes, or any other difficulties, and they will give an appropriate and helpful answer. What I find charming about the school is that they offer free classes during vacation breaks, if you are failing or falling behind in a class, in order to not waste your time and money, these free classes will help you.
I would like to see a change in some of the professors and staff as well as maintenance members. Some are happy to be here and some are not. This College has potential to be more modernized and advanced. Some changes should be sought out more efficiently.
I like the classes and the professors, however the security at the school needs to improve because people are getting robbed in broad daylight
The college overall to me is average. In order to get involve you do have to be proactive. there are no dorms or housing of any sort which I feel takes away from the college experience for some. The Campus is pretty, and I like that its actually a campus and not buildings spread all over.
You are on your own. Take hard classes before you take your easy classes. Find other sources for your education
I would like for Faculties to show that they care about their students and not just push them away for example Financial aid office they're barely willing to help they always push students to go to online and have an attitude.
What needs to change is the opportunities that are given to students. I think the Career Services can do a much better job connecting students with internship/job opportunities. We have such a diverse campus that we should be thriving when it comes to opportunities after college
My experience at York College is enriching. The college is a family oriented school and the Professors are involved in each student's success.
There's not much to like about York college. I would like to see a change in food, security and most importantly, class sizes.
I love the atmosphere. Though the campus is small, you get to interact with many people of many cultures. Professors are great and are super helpful. You know you will get a great education with the help of the good friends you make and the work you put in.
As a freshman at York, I believe that my college experience seems pretty normal for a CUNY campus, for me someone who is not as social it's been pretty hard to find friends and a social group, but for me personally I'm ok with that.
This is an amazing college, the school rented the movie to give 100 students a private screening of Black Panthers
Start Your Review of CUNY York College
I love the diversity at York College because everyday I am blessed to encounter people from different backgrounds.
I like that at York college is very diverse towards students of cultural background and the class size are not to big with a lot of students.
Cuny York is a reasonable school if you know what you're going for and are focused on your goals.
If you're not it's easy to get side tracked. There are many organizations on campus that are there to prevent that and keep students on a successful path to graduation.
Make use of those and stay focused and you'll do good at York.