CUNY York College Reviews

very good school and i love it very good academis return on invetments and very rich living campus with very kind professors. the safety is 100& secured all the securitys will be protecting you
York College has been a great experience. Though many will disagree, York has many professionals who genuinely care for the students and want them to succeed. I feel cared for each time I sit with professors and advisers. I'd like to see better organization within the skill and communication among offices.
York College has very much potential in being a decent school, but unfortunately the school has many areas to improve on. For one, the staff is the worst I've ever seen in any academic institution thus far. Definitely not all of the faculty suffers from this, but most importantly the ones in Financial Aid and the Bursar Office need improve. Most act is if "having a poor attitude" is apart of the job. Almost all of the employees show genuine rudeness, unprofessionalism, and disinterest towards the student. They get frustrated if you cannot understand something the first time, and aren't afraid to insult your intellect. They are frustrated with doing their own job-being the guide for the student. They are very dismissive and lack any patience. Most times information accuracy depends on who you speak to. And often you will be on your own with coming up with your own information.

Other than that, the school can definitely work on improvements to their library.
Start Your Review of CUNY York College
There aren't a lot of majors to choose from which is okay. Some professors care about their students and some don't, which is why you should choose your classes wisely. There isn't an "active" student life and not much to do. A perk of going there is the various restaurants in the area you can dine at. For instance, there is chipotle, Mcdonald's, Burger King, Wendy's, Starbucks, Panda Express, Boston Market, and Dallas Barbeque, and more. It is very close to the subway and the bus terminal, so travel to and from the campus isn't difficult.
The undergrad experience at YORK was great, the Profesors genuinely care for students and enjoy teaching. The reason why I give them 4 starts and not 5 is because the quality of help at their offices and the care for students shown by advisers can improve. The financial aid, bursar, and registrar office does not have the friendliest staff. Instead of helping students, most just blame the concern on one another. Causing students to have to go back and forth multiple tones. Also the elevator and escalators never work.
At CUNY York College they have a high school program which includes college classes into the high school classes. The classes I've taken are introduction classes which helps with the transition from high school to college.
Although, it was quite some time ago, my experience at CUNY York was pretty great mentally and physically. It provided growth through my teens into early adult years. The staff were extremely supportive especially my SEEK advisor and a few of my teacher. I have a disability which sometime required extra time and extra mental strength. With God center in my life and very supportive mentors, advisors and teachers I was able to accomplish my goal of graduating. Unfortunately, not with the grades I was aiming for but I am still proud to be a graduate of York college.
I'm not sure what changes were made or how many staff I personally had the pleasure of connecting with are still on payroll. One thing is for sure, the support is definitely there for an undergraduate.
I like the location because the close to all types of transportation which is easily accessible. I would like to see physical improvements and better/ more campus opportunities/ classes for the 9-5 working class students.
CUNY York College is an organized campus where the resources are easy to find. I know that teachers looks out for their student as long as the student is doing their part in terms of academic. One of the best parts about this school is that it is located in one of the 5 boroughs which is Queens. Therefore, commuting shouldn’t be a problem.
I've been attending CUNY York College for a year now as freshman and it is a very unorganized school. Schedule changes happen frequently and out of the blue. Also, the classrooms, bathrooms, and computers, need to be updated.
I attended CUNY York College for 2 semesters. I loved the campus and that the school offers so many resources for financial aid, counseling, and extra help with various class subjects.
CUNY York College is a fairly large college, with many different majors that one could take interest in. Not only that, the staff and teachers are knowledge, knowing what they are doing 100% of the time if you need help in classes, or any other difficulties, and they will give an appropriate and helpful answer. What I find charming about the school is that they offer free classes during vacation breaks, if you are failing or falling behind in a class, in order to not waste your time and money, these free classes will help you.
I would like to see a change in some of the professors and staff as well as maintenance members. Some are happy to be here and some are not. This College has potential to be more modernized and advanced. Some changes should be sought out more efficiently.
I like the classes and the professors, however the security at the school needs to improve because people are getting robbed in broad daylight
The college overall to me is average. In order to get involve you do have to be proactive. there are no dorms or housing of any sort which I feel takes away from the college experience for some. The Campus is pretty, and I like that its actually a campus and not buildings spread all over.
You are on your own. Take hard classes before you take your easy classes. Find other sources for your education
I would like for Faculties to show that they care about their students and not just push them away for example Financial aid office they're barely willing to help they always push students to go to online and have an attitude.
Start Your Review of CUNY York College
What needs to change is the opportunities that are given to students. I think the Career Services can do a much better job connecting students with internship/job opportunities. We have such a diverse campus that we should be thriving when it comes to opportunities after college
My experience at York College is enriching. The college is a family oriented school and the Professors are involved in each student's success.
There's not much to like about York college. I would like to see a change in food, security and most importantly, class sizes.