CUNY York College Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- Loans from community lenders that put people before profits
- Easy, online app with ability to add a cosigner in minutes
- Simple, straightforward student loans with an easy application
- Flexible repayment options, and strong borrower protections
- Apply online in just 3 minutes
- No origination, application and processing fees, no fees for early repayment
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.45 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.51 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.51 responses
Most Popular Majors
Business Administration and Management94 Graduates
Social Work and Youth Services84 Graduates
Public Health Education61 Graduates
Medical Technician35 Graduates
Health Service Preparatory Studies33 Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.35 responses
CUNY York College Reviews
My experience at York College is great! My view towards the college was first negative and I did not want to attend it, but i was wrong! I love the college, the students are respectful and are well behaved and i was able to make great friends here who are press onward on getting good grades. The professors are great and through their teaching one is able to learn and understand. Being a Pre-med student at York College, i have gain educational knowledge and i will continue to.
The community around me was great. I came from a specialized high school where the stress levels were always high, so it was nice to see several people working hard together in a much less stressful environment. My commute is very short, and I'm very familiar with the surrounding area because of friends of mine that live in the neighborhood. The coursework was challenging but not overbearing, I always felt like I could handle anything being thrown at me. Most importantly, the professors at York seem very engaged and are extremely willing to help guide students and clear up misconceptions. I've enjoyed my time here.
York has somewhat of a helpful team. I found that my professors were mostly all very helpful and understanding. I had no issue understanding the course material for the courses that i applied to. I found that i understood all the course material without having to buy any textbooks or do any other research apart from what i learned in class. The school is also quite affordable as it is a CUNY. The campus is pretty nice but the lighting inside the building definitely needs help- it is very dimly lit and could use brighter lights or more windows. This school doesnt offer dorms, but is is very easy to get to it is a walk away from the Jamaica center train station. The neighborhood in which it is lolcated is sketchy however.