CUNY New York City College of Technology Reviews

My major is the hospitality management in the New York City College of Technology. This university gives students with a various culture atmosphere. All kinds of people feel welcome. The professors are great, they are strict however very caring, welcoming and ready to listen to their students and help them. The college provides students with different ways to study, either in groups or by yourself. I'm in the hospitality field is it been amazing, I had the chance to work in the kitchen which I learned a lots about cooking and baking, serving fine dining style and I love learned to be more forceful and disciplined, by gaining these skills I believe it would be helpful for me in the working field. The school needs improvement in the lunch room, bathrooms. Some classrooms may need a little renovation.
College is a joke,professors dont have time to help,students dont take anything seriously.This college is basically a highschool v2
JUST DO NOT GO HERE! APPLY SOMEWHERE ELSE! Antiquated schedules and courses. Most major department professor figureheads are arrogant. The registrar's office is a mess making them the claim to shame, email or phone calls are rarely done to help a student with an issue but they claim to be a technical college. Kitchen and dining areas are a mess, the food sold is unbearable and overpriced. Lab equipment is outdated to match the courses. Too many nonsense gen-eds and issues with registering every semester.
Start Your Review of CUNY New York City College of Technology
My experience in City Tech is both good and bad due to horrible professors. City Tech may be aging although people are currently trying to gain awareness to help revitalize and improve areas described as in poor conditions.
staff isn't nice or respectful. I hope staff can nice student and solve their problems. The classroom isn't clean.
There are many things that kept me weighted down in my pursuit of happiness. The constant whirlwind of money downs me faster than any bullet. While this college tried to pull me down with financial misconceptions and lack of financial support, I was lifted up by the numerous student and teacher faculty that hold their jobs with pride. They are the real benefits of City,and I will always be thankful for that.
On paper this is a really good college, however in reality it is not so. The 3 main buildings are very outdated and look run down. For a school refereed to as City tech, the technology isn't anywhere near state of the art. I do have a bit of hope for the newly constructed building that it will be better and start a change in City Tech
I feel as if the Human Services Department at City tech helped make me a better, more focused student. I learned a lot from the teachers and they helped me to understand the person I hope to become.
Overall the experience was good. The College life was a bit tough. Made some good friends, learned a lot of good stuff. The Campus itself was not well built, to be honest, not really a campus. However, the open environment makes a good scenery. The professors are super helpful, they take out time from their busy schedule to hang out with students learning about their students. The one thing I really enjoyed were the club programs. Every week they had different programs for regular students like me to attend. This allowed me and many others like me to gain a lot of knowledge.
New York City College of Technology is a commuter college. Students come from all different boroughs. College is downtown next to the Brooklyn Bridge so there is many things to do & eat. The gym is under construction, so no sports currently but there are courts nearby. Classrooms are decent size, no auditorium settings but can use a little update. Elevators are always packed. Most professors english is there second languages & can be hard to understand. Library is huge but not enough computers. Finanical aid, register, and admission have long lines & most of the time you leave with unanswered questions.
Great in technology and academics in general. The Architecture department and Construction Management departments teach subjects and techniques that you do not learn in other schools. Most professors are passionate and interested in your learning. The campus is a bit deteriorated but, it is expected for a public College. Overall, excellent academics and great professors
I love that everyone is so nice and that you make friends the 1st day you meet them. The student activities are really fun really helps takes off the stress students go through during finals. The food is great and the location is very great because there is a lot of amazing things you can do after classes are over.
My overall experience is good with professors. They are well prepared for the classes and make the classes interesting. I learned knowledge through my classes that I am able to use it in my profession.
My experience at CUNY New York City college of Technology has been an amazing journey through out these few months. I thought the cuny New York city college of technology was going to be a scary experience but it was honestly truly exquisite. Through out my life I was in a private school and I haven't had any experience with the community and my social experience was very low. when I entered CUNY New York city college of technology I was very terrified of meeting new people but when I got there it felt like a truly amazing place.
Did not really have a great experience with financial aide. They had me registered as an out of state student and therefore i was unable to get the classes i wanted/needed at the times i needed and also my financial aide did not come through in time to start school.
Overall I had a good experience at City Tech. Make sure you look your professors up on ratemyprofessor before you select to go into your class. If you don't know what you want to do major wise I would suggest going into Business. You will never fail with Business. The professor in the business department are very knowledgeable and would open you up to new things. When doing math make sure your professor has a great review or you will fail and have to spend money to do it all over again.
City Tech is an alright school. There are definitely better schools out there. This school is not really somewhere most students would want to attend. Sure, the school is decent and if you do not care where you want to go this school will be right for you.
Start Your Review of CUNY New York City College of Technology
The professors at the City Tech are amazing and make it even more worth it to come to classes. Not only that but they have a variety of options for those who need tutoring services from the school. The cafeteria food is amazingly good, and there are so many options to choose from. The diversity in the school is amazing and the staff of the school is incredibly polite and helpful.
NYCCT has many offerings in the heart of Brooklyn, which is conveniently located to many avenues of mass transit. The school is currently undergoing renovations to improve all of its buildings to meet the expectations of the 21st century.
My favorite part of going to college so far has to be the family like feeling in my department. The professors that I’ve had so far have been very inspirational and are very helpful. The campus isn’t the nicest but it works. The one thing that I’d say should change is probably the variety of food. Many students are in school from 7AM to 10PM when the building closes and all we have to eat basically is food from the grill. And when the cafe closes at 6:30 PM there’s no food but what we can get out of the vending machines. This to me and my peers may all agree, is the one thing that needs to change most. Overall, I believe that my college is a very good community of staff and peers with a high level of professionalism. The campus just needs some update as far as food and other facilities go.