CUNY New York City College of Technology Reviews

Is great experience if you going towards what your dream is. So far since I transfer it had good experience.
The college has a lot to offer in terms of programs and majors. I am currently in the dental hygiene program and the professors are helpful and knowledgeable in their field. In addition, the college hosts many events during the semester. In the fall, they have a haunted house attraction and in the spring, there's the Wellness Fair which students have the opportunity to participate in. However, there's a few things that the college can improve on. Such as installing escalators because sometimes students get tired from climbing stairs and the elevators are very crowded at times. Also, they such expand the library since many students can not find space to study during midterms or finals. The lunch room can also be expanded as well.
The school is a bit small but therefore gives you a higher quality of education. Its also really affordable and has a really great community. The student life department especially makes the school a welcoming environment to everyone of every background. However, due to its size it does have a small range of courses and needs a bit of an update regarding technology (blackboards, old rickety desks, ect)
Review CUNY New York City College of Technology
I am a readmit student and wanted to learn more about computer programs and technology. Even though I attend this college, I found Computer Department does not have enough support for students especially evening students. Lack of computer tutors and availability is very limited; tutors are available only two (2) days a week from 12:00 to 2:00. I cannot afford to go to other colleges as it is costly. I wish Computer Department finds more tutors and hours for students. Evening students suffer a lot. This college forget students come here to learn. Not just by reading books. Students needs hands on skills. No auditorium. Students are loud in the lunchroom.
It would be nice if advisement care more about the students who are not yet accepted into the program they are aiming for. It is easy to feel like you are not being guided.
I'm in the hospitality management program and it is great. faculty offer a lot of opportunities for students and are very knowledgeable. If looking for work or internship professors are very willing to help and provide any advise if necessary.
This school is a great school to go start off if you feel like your not ready for college. Go for 2 years then head to a top notch school but i love it at city tech because if you choose your professors wisely your ride will be smooth. The professors are amazing they really work hard to make sure the students succeed. I'm currently in the computer science major which is a 2 year degree then I'll transfer to city college. If you do go to city tech you won't regret it.
Being a student at New York City College of Technology has been challenging, inspirational and overall excellent. My professors in the hospitality management major have been wonderful and respectful. I thoroughly enjoyed my experience at this college, and am proud to be considered a City Tech Alumni.
Here's a list of things terribly wrong with NYCCT:
1. Multiple basic technological aspects of the school need desperate improvements.
2. The lack of efficiency and simple communication from one office to the other. Students go back and forth in an attempt to resolve any issues or concerns they might have, the extra stress could be avoided.
3. The school is in desperate need of an upgrade in technology.
4. The lack of interest from most of the professors to make learning enjoyable is another long topic I will not even begin to explain.

The one extra star was given only due to my luck in sitting with, so far, 4 extraordinary professors: one for Micro, one for A&P, and two for Nursing.
NYCCT is a great school for those who enjoy the diverse cultures that come here for a quality education . What I like about city tech is that staff and students you may not even know look out for you when needed (just ask and you shall recieve young grass hopper). Being that I'm in my sophomore year I've come to enjoy not only the eduacation, but the people you meet and make great friends with.
Professors care about how well you understand the material, but there are always those that have teaching styles that are bad and that means you need to do your research on them when it is time to chose your classes. For some classes people depend on its CUNY Blackboard system to get some class assignments, although its sometimes unreliable or doesn't work properly. There are several offices that you can always go to if you have problems or questions you need answered like for academic advisement or financial aid.Besides that there doesn't seem to be much else to do in CityTech.
The area surrounding CUNY New York City College of Technology has many restaurants and stores. There are a few good professors who allow students to push themselves and there are also professors who don't really teach that well.
I am currently a freshman at New York City College of Technology. When I was in high school and I applied to City Tech as my first choice because the amount of majors they had in order to satisfy everyone's interest. What I like about City Tech is the staff, the professors are always willing to help you in anyway they can as along as they see that you are trying to help yourself as well. Another thing I love about City Tech is the numerous freshman and associate degree programs they have in order to ensure that you have all the help you need in order to make your college experience the best it can possibly be.
I'm not entirely sure how to feel about this school yet but it does have a great social life. I think there some professors that are really great and some that are not befitting for me.
City tech is a good school for the fist two years after that it gets boring. But I gotta say they been trying to improve.
Most People in Finiancial Aid are friendly, but they won't keep you updated you'll have check yourself. Professor work hard and keep you work too; Most professor love their job and keep you update in internship.
Review CUNY New York City College of Technology
I joined city tech in the fall semester of 2016, even before the start of the semester ,the admission department of the school made my admission procedures easy, with constant check ups and following up on my progress. before the first day of the semester we had an orientation, which was very interesting, informative and interactive to me, and was ran by fellow city tech students which was great . During the semester the professors were very welcoming, and ready to lend a listening ear and hand for every class I was in, till the end of the semester, just like all other college experiences, it was stressful but with the professors and school student activities , it made my first semester there fun and successful education wise. What I hope the school improves on is for the student help center to have more active call services, cause my call has been kept on hold almost every time, and also improvements on the bathrooms would be nice, but over all city tech is awesome!
Tried to study to become a mechanical engineer. Never got the proper help on applying for classes nor proper tutoring. Had to leave college after the first year since applying for classes made me part time, thought I was full time. Now I have to work to pay off the debt to return in a few months to years. May transfer on what happens when I come back.
The only reason I didn't give it a 5 star is because things a kinda difficult to know where they can be done.eg photocopies