1. Brooklyn, NY
  2. 4 Year

CUNY Medgar Evers College Reviews

Medgar Evers College has an amazing Cuny Start program that helped me pass my placement test and help me prepare for future college classes. They also have many tutoring assistance for students to pass their classes.
So far Medgar Evers College is a decent college. There you will find a diverse group of students who come from multiple backgrounds. The area is also diverse. The professors as a whole are good and I love the fact that Medgar offers multiple programs for their students to become successful.
I really love how every building is close to each other. This helps out with getting to your destination quickly and keeps the schools intimate. I didn't like how most professors don't really care about the students and never stay after class to help or give extra credit, etc. I would like to see more involvement with clubs and events going on campus. This will keep the college environment live.
Overall my time at this college has been good maybe better than other because of the people I have gain to know and the activates that I participated in
Medgar Evers College is really big on academics. They offer various courses and classes for different majors. The professors take great interest in the students and make sure that they understand what is being taught during the semester.
The library at the college is an all time favorite for many students because it holds many outlets; from the learning/writing center, group study and even individual study. The library has it all.
Overall, this is a good college.
Excellent Public Administration program. The professors are all experienced professionals who have served in upper level management and administrative cabinet positions in government, therefore you learn from first hand experience. The professors want you to learn; they push you to learn; they bend and mold you sufficiently but never break you.
I recommend the Public Administration program highly!
Medgar Evers College is a college that makes everyone feel welcome. The setting of the college is community base and everyone looks out for each other which includes the students and facility.
The experience of going to school here has had its ups and downs but in general I have felt that the faculty and staff do their best to help and accommodate students and their needs. The classes vary in quality, some are definitely less challenging than others.
Medgar Evers College is a really great college. From my experience so far the professors teach us well and we get lots of opportunities to get our GPA high. Theres lots of different things offered at this school that can make us successful , like the career center, student life. E.T.C
Medgar Evers college is all about black power and togetherness. The college is named after Medgar Wiley Evers, an African American civil rights leader; later assassinated in 1963. The college honors this great hero. Medgar Evers college offers a lot of programs to get people to establishing a great future for themselves.
Medgar Evers is a great school but the staff and the overall customer service is not very good. There needs to be more accountability for staff and professors to care about the students and the school's bottom line. The school also needs more degree programs and more classes for the evening and weekend students. We need more of these options so that more students will want to attend this school. This school has a lot of potential to be better in terms of the area, location, and the diversity of people that we serve. Medgar Evers College with some small improvements to faculty, staff, etc can be well received. We can be the best college in Brooklyn, if we apply a few tweaks here and there.
As an English major, there truly isn't as varied a courseload as I hoped I would be able to take.
There is a career center at the school, however they do not advertise their presence very well so it is difficult at first to find them.
  • Value
The online courses are a great attempt but they do not always work effectively. For example, if the professor does not know how to use this online format well, this can backfire on the students and make a less than exemplary class experience.
The classes have not been very flexible--there are often issues with the convenience of the way things are done.
There is not a lot of variety in terms of course offerings.
There are a number of connections one can make from this school, but it is certainly not the best when it comes to job prospects.
  • Value
The only problem I had with my classes was that we had to buy the books online. One of the books was $416 and that book was hard to find.
I wouldn't recommend taking online courses because it's more difficult. It's better to be in the classroom so you will get a better understanding.
The quality of the career center at my school is very helpful because they really help you find a job and when you have a interview and don't have an outfit they send you to a place to get an outfit and they pay for it.