CUNY Lehman College Reviews

Lehman is a great school for the money that you pay. It gives you the fundamental information you need to begin your journey in life. Most of the teachers are great; some are not helpful at all. If you go to any department, expect to spend about an hour or more waiting to be seen. Aside from that, the school is great and gives good opportunities for students who are looking for them.
It was a great place to go to college. Professors generally want you to succeed. lots of opportunities if you look for them. Welcoming and friendly community.
I like the campus, it's very movie like and by this I mean the buildings are castles so you don't feel like you are in the Bronx or even in a school setting. In addition, most of the professors I took as a social work major were amazing. During the duration of 3 years that I attended Lehman there were only about 2 professors whose teaching styles did not cater to my learning styles but they were great individuals and worked for other students. Finally, the last comment I would give to incoming students would be to learn to be self advocates, in Lehman going to get advised or going to the financial aid office or even the bursar's office can be frustrating and discouraging; there are long lines and some of the employees are rude so in order to have success and seek the services you need you need to be very firm and a good self advocate.
Review CUNY Lehman College
It was a very resourceful and helpful school; professors worked hard to make sure you passed and always kept open communication with students. Overall staff help in the school could improve. If you have any questions in regards to your grades, financial aid, or classes, you had to go in person to discuss. Staff never answered the phones. It was a big inconvenience when you are a part time student and full time worker who can barely take time out just to ask 1 question.
I transferred to Lehman after a year at Manhattan college, and the academics are very different, it is less useful than the requirements at my old school. The teachers have very strange grading systems. And the school is generally very dirty.
As a transfer student, who has been attending Lehman for four semesters I must say this is a great school. I will be graduating Fall of this year. Most professors are helpful and are willing to help you if you do not understand the content presented. I believe the best department is Career Services because they are helpful in guiding you to internships that can serve you with the practical aspects of your future career.
I love the staff in the sociology department. They were helpful during the semester where I would take courses in prerequisites.
People are willing to help and get you assistants if you need it. What I would like to see change is discouragement from some advisors.
Lehman College is one welcoming and comfortable College to attend. The staff work hard to make all individuals feel safe, and confident in them selves. Professors are very thoughtful and allow people to express their thoughts. Grading wise, one just has to do their work and they'll be fine. Lehman has a lot to offer and theirs a lot to benefit. As a student attending Lehman College, I feel very comfortable and welcomed. The students are of all races and the population is a diverse one, which creates many ideas and reasonings. If one wants to attend a College they want to feel comfortable and not judged in, Lehman College should be part of the list.
The professors I have dealt with are very personable and helpful! The csmpus is really beautiful and relaxing especially in the Spring. On the other hand, dealing with administration is a real headache!
Lehman has been so far a good experience. You are in walking distance to many different buses and trains. The school provides many opportunities for learning and activities.
Beautiful campus, a lot of places to search for help on what you need, I think student life should be a lot more active. Overall, good school for a well education.
Lehman College is a great liberal arts college to go to. The professors there challenge you, and are there to help you grow into adulthood,
I love the fact that even though I'm in college, I still find a way to connect to most people on campus. It's not hard for me to walk down the campus walkway and see at least ONE friendly face that I can greet. The community feel is amazing, especially amongst staff. Professors relate to students also
Lehman college has a beautiful campus. Its students are hard working go people who go above and beyond in their studies. This college has an amazing staff and a great student to teacher ratio. Last but not least the food is awesome.
Lehman college is a big beautiful campus. The senior college is very much involve with the community offering great programs for working adults to successfully achieve their degree and others. What I like to see change is to start offering religious support groups, and or outreach for cultural awareness.
I am spending money for my books, it is a little too much for one class, but I know is worth it because I am very into the topic which is migration. It is a worldwide discussion and the majority people in the class can relate somehow to this topic. The professor is passionate about it and everyone engages.
Review CUNY Lehman College
There are flyers everywhere, I wish the bulletin boards had a title and specific information. The flyers are all over and makes me confuse where to go, but I go directly to the staff and address my needs.
At night is a little scary coming out the school to go to the train station, but students are around taking the same way I am to the train.
I see janitors clean every time and are around. I love that it is clean, but I notice at night the bathrooms be filthy specially in the girls bathroom.