CUNY LaGuardia Community College Reviews

I called this college to get some information about a major, but i just kept getting transfered around the place. Finally when someone comes to the phone they tell me to make it fast because they have things they have to do. I didnt even get to ask one question.
The majority of professors that I've had, are very passionate about the subjects they teach. They are engaging with students and care very much about making sure each student is working to their full potential. Laguardia gives a lot of opportunities for students who wish to go on to four year schools or enter the work force.
I love it at laguardia it makes me feel comfortable and is so accommodating for freshman. I enjoy all the professors they are all so helpful and great to my needs. There are so many reviews and tutors to help with any little problem I'm having.
Review CUNY LaGuardia Community College
It is a community college so alot of people are taking classes for 4 yr colleges or something along the lines. So alot of people are coming and going, everyone is doing their own thing. There is many different type of people too, young students from high school some coming back to school after having children or immigrants. It isnt the best school but it gets the job done, most people are in the school to get the credits. There are resources and stuff to do but most people are waiting to be transferred. I think something they have to fix is the responce time, I emailed the regristar office and its my 3rd day waiting for my email.
Put in the hard work and you will graduate, it's not the easiest school to go through due to numerous amounts of setbacks but if you have the will to do everything, then you will pass.
This is a great school with very supportive faculty. They make you feel very welcome and the support you get here is amazing. It feels like they really want you to succeed.
College was difficult at first but navigating through my course was easy. I was intimidatwd by some of the courses but I mangage to do very well in my classes
Overall I think the services can be a lot better, it would be great if someone was around when you need help.
Not only were the professors encouraging, but this is where I finally discovered my passion and decided on a career path.
LaGuardia is a great school, some on the classes are big for the most part but professors make it work, councilors are very helpful and supportive and the overall feeling at this school is i feel safe and the academics are easy as long as you work for it.
Professors and programs are way beyond your expectation of community colleges.

I am a Commercial Photography major and LAGCC's photo lab has better equipments than photo departments in famous private schools in the city. Outside guest speakers often surprise how motivated and knowledgable the students are, compare to competing photo/art schools.

Most of the admin offices are reasonable and nice.

Newly renovated library is just beautiful and pretty spacious. Great space to study.

School mind/spirit is really liberal, accommodated excelsior scholarship signing ceremony and had a head of Black Lives Matter for keynote address speaker for commencement.

Pretty proud of being a student at the No.1 diverse college in the US.
I really enjoyed the positive friendly environment at LaGuardia. The staff and teachers are all very helpful and want you to succeed. Everyone works very hard to get you through the two years quickly and efficiently
I had been a university student for two years in South Korea before I studied in LaGuardia community college. I expected more sociable life. But I could not make friends easily. I don't know maybe many people are from New York City or United states so I felt we had different culture, the way to talk, style, favor and so on. I still could not make any good friends there. I really want to be with friends like I used to be in South Korea. It is lonely and solitude as an international student. Besides communicating with people, school systems or academics are really satisfactory. I can feel people who work at college care students a lot and try to help them. I am studying hard for my next goal in the United States receiving help from LaGuardia Community College.
what i like about laguardia community college is the opportunities that the staff give us to bring our grades up. The professors that i had so far show me that they care about their students passing and that brings comfort to me and other students from Lagaurdia. What i would like to see change is a specific requirement to be accepted in the asap program which is having to take more than 4 classes in one semester including the summer and winter section.
Laguardia is a good school with an accelerated program to get you out in 2 years time. A lot of people hate to go to school year round but it ends up being worth it. The semesters are broken down into sessions of 2 with no summer semester allowing you to earn 12+ credits split in between the 2 semesters and still be full time. It is a nice school with some really good teachers and the students are interesting but mainly young. It has a lot of school events and opportunities to get you a lot more out of the school than just a degree. They could have better food and campus access but all in all it's a good place to go.
Laguardia is a great community college to start many friendly people. They help you in anything and give you advice. All your questions are answered.
I'm sure Laguardia can be very helpful but in my experience I get no help. Personally I feel like I do not belong at this school, just because of the lack of help from the staff members to my advisor. I am told very little about my major and payment plans. I mostly hear " I can not do anything for you" every time I engage in a conversation with any staff member or I am told to go from building to building just to hear the exact some words. I am trying my very best but since I joined Laguardia back in September of 2015 as a freshman and knew nothing about college, being that I am the first of my family to be in college this long.. I only want helpful answers and motivated staff members to help me get through my two years.
Review CUNY LaGuardia Community College
The one thing that caught my eye about LaGuardia Community College, is that all the professors want to see you succeed and they try there best to help make your educational experience less stressful.
The school overall is ok the area sucks its basically in the middle of nowhere. The food in the cafeteria is good theres a lot of choices. The campus is nice they are renovating it.
Great school that is very diverse, off the 7 train, 20 mins away from the city, close by all major queens neighborhoods. Teachers are very helpful, a great selection at the library and a lot of majors to choose from. Students are nice and respectful and the gym is small but never gets crowded and people are friendly.