1. Long Island City, NY
  2. 2 Year

CUNY LaGuardia Community College Reviews

I really like my college! The area around it is not the best, mostly because of construction going on in the area, the train is not that far from the buildings, and not to mention the Long Island Railroad too, but I enjoy the area. There's restaurants nearby, security patrols the campus, and the professors are amazing! I enjoy learning new material every single day! The staff from the multiple departments are very friendly. LaGuardia is also very diverse, people from all over the world study at LaGuardia and since the college is in Queens (with Queens being the most diverse borough in New York City) it's no surprise that the school is so diverse. I enjoy the different classmates I have in my different classes.
I would love to have more green. Right now most of the buildings are confusing halls that you get lost very quickly.
I like the professor in each class as they are willing to help you improve if you are willing to talk to them. Also I like Their financial aid/ advisers since they are really helpful. I would like to see changes in their library as it is difficult to navigate.
Very diverse college with many friendly and helpful faculty. Laguardia Community college prides itself in catering to the multicultural city of New York and I've loved my experience here.
When i was enrolled at this school my major was Communications. I loved the fact that if i needed anything regarding my major whether it was making courses, finding internships or just a question. The Communication department and the director were very helpful and did every and anything to help me graduate on time. The advisers constantly checked in on me to see how my studies were going and helped keep me on my toes. With this school they really cared about the students i can say i wish it was a 4 year college. Its a great school to attend.
I am very dissatisfied about the financial office. This is due to the reason that they had given me the WRONG information! I applied TAP and I found that I have to pass the ATB test in order to be eligible to get the TAP payment. However, I found that my TAP had been approved. Therefore, I went to the financial office and asked about it. I still remembered vividly that I went there to ask for TWICE and the staff did go in and confirmed with the chairperson TWICE, ended up by telling me that I am good and no need to take the ATB test TWICE. few weeks later, the system showed that I OWED money. I went back to the financial office and they told me that I was not eligible for the TAP and asked me to return back the money. It is so ridiculous!! The explanation that they gave was the website showed that for those who didn't take ATB test will not eligible for the TAP and it was my responsibility! How can they do work like that? It is so unprofessional!
It was really interesting semester, full of interesting classes. I learned a lot of new stuff. Not only learning but also the variety of clubs and organizations are really interesting
I haven't started my classes at laguardia community college yet. I'very just got accepted. The college is very big and nice. The people over there are friendly and helpful. So, overall I like it so far.
The BEST part of LaGuardia is the a student can take FREE classes in winter and summer if the student is full-time. This opportunity is not available at other college. A student could graduate within 2 years. And the Tuition for a semester is $2,600 which is 3,450 at a 4 years college as of 12/18/16. Do the math and you will know how much you can save! On top of that FREE classes in winter and summer!!! The faculty is very helpful. Registration people help students with registration. They also help students register via email. Financial Aid staff is very helpful in filing their financial aid. I graduated from LaGuardia last year. I wish it was a 4 years college. I'm not at John Jay and realize how helpful LaGuardia was. Trust me people when I say that LaGuardia is the BEST, I mean it. Having been at John Jay has made me compare and contrast and appreciate LaGuardia even more!
What I like the most at LaGuardia is that we have many opportunities to succeed. As a woman in engineering, I have had opportunities to do paid research at LaGuardia and another four year college. There are plenty of tutors, and computer labs where printing is basically free. All professors I've had are very understanding towards students who work and who have many other responsibilities while doing their job and teach the material. I would give LaGuardia a 5, but I don't like the fact that we don't get to choose the professors we want because the professors' names don't show in cuny first when we're enrolling classes
The diversity and acceptance with in LaGuardia is amazing but it feels like I'm still in high school I would love to change that aspect. The campus doesn't help on making it seem more "college like" because its simply four building on different streets.
over all every staff in the school is willing to help out with different events almost every week. But for certain programs, it is very difficult to get in.
my review on CUNY laguardia community college is that it's easy commuting, the school is expanding, school is very diverse, student life is okay. the school has security guards in the entrance of each building.
LaGuardia is one of the most diverse community colleges in the country. Which is a very good thing because it opens you up to different cultures and experiences that's differs from your own. There are a lot of student clubs in LaGuardia, that students can partake in, since LaGuardia has no more dorms, they don't have much of a party scene like you would see on television. Some of the professors are great teachers, some are not. I would say, what I would like to see change is their staff. LaGuardia is horrible at handling their paperwork and student statuses whatsoever. Every semester, I have to be in the bursar, admission, student help office, etc. fixing an issue regarding me continuing my classes. They always mishandle/ lose documents.
This college is very diverse. I like that it isn't just on building, there are different building to switch from. Choosing classes become very flexible. Their night classes are great. The food is great. The workload isn't too much.
Is my first year at LaGuardia and I really liked it, I thought college was going to be more stressful and different but in reality is different, as for now is not difficult and I hope to get a good GPA on my first semester.
It is a good school, I usually just get in and get out, so I dont really know what is very great about this school. They do have very great professors like David Bimbi, who is amazing. But the only complaint i do have is that they are money hungry and they always threaten to remove your classes if you don't settle a bill, the financial aid also isnt very good
I am a civil engineering student. there is a lot of group in the school for your major and peer adviser to help you in the right path.
Laguardia Community college is very diverse and different college. We have a different schedule from others college, but the college offer a lot of great opportunities for the students. I think I may say the sometimes to helpful, but i have a great experience so far the teachers are passionate and helpful
The class flexibility is good.